The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Dark Souls 3 - 7.5/10

Late to the party but couldn't get into it after Sekiro and Bloodborne. I liked it overall but felt some of the areas were rather poor and it was overall a bit too easy. Some really disappointing bosses mixed in with good ones.

Strong lore and atmosphere as usual (not Bloodborne levels but still), lots of build options and it was just fun to play overall, even with its shortcomings.

The game offers a lot of replayability for people who love making builds and engaging in pvp.
My score will surely go up to 8.0 once I finish the DLC.

Associate
Dishonored 2, I'd give it a solid 9/10. Not much wrong with it at all, getting those side things/extra powerups can be tedious. Story is fantastic with some level designs being outstanding and different to many other games I've played.

Soldato
Dishonored 2, I'd give it a solid 9/10. Not much wrong with it at all, getting those side things/extra powerups can be tedious. Story is fantastic with some level designs being outstanding and different to many other games I've played.
Is it better than the first?

Thinking of grabbing it, not played the 1st (do you need to play it as well, story etc?)

Soldato

Thinking of grabbing it, not played the 1st (do you need to play it as well, story etc?)

First was better I'd say, but the second is a brilliant game too (kinda like saying the first was 9.5/10 and the second was 9/10). You don't need to play the first but I'd highly recommend it for the story to understand the world and the characters. I have a spare Steam copy of the definitive edition of Dishonored 1 for Steam from an old Humble Bundle that should still work and you can have (free) if you fancy it - let me know and I'll send you a trust message.

Soldato

It plays like an improved version of the first game in terms of abilities and mechanics, I loved every minute of it. You probably could skip the first in terms of the story but you'd be denying yourself a great gaming experience. Play both is my advice.

Soldato
Cool re Dishonoured, sounds like a must play...

Thanks for the kind offer of a key as well although it appears I bought it back in 2013 but didn't play it :o

I'll have a blast tonight / this weekend :)

Associate
The Artful Escape

Loved it, played the whole game with a smile on my face. It is not difficult or challenging in any way, but it is a wonderful story told in a very effective way. Fantastic graphics and soundtrack as well. It's on Gamepass and roughly lasts around 4 hours so well worth anyone's time. (10/10)

Soldato
Encased - 8.25/10

A pretty great isometric RPG. Very much has the fallout 1/2 feel and the dome setting is pretty great. Combat is fun and lots to explore, sound is solid and visually it looks good. Its not perfect however, for a first game can see flaws and things to improve. The story / drama between wings could have been beefed up, some companion quests were pretty weak. Game is broken into Acts and while a massive world, as part of Act 1, only certain areas available. Those area's in Act 1 feel much more polished and dense vs the latter acts. Early access only had Act 1 available, so seems they did not get the feedback or skipped a beat on later act's to be honest.

Still good fun and would be neat to see another game from the team with lesson's learned.

Associate
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 8/10

This was definitely my kind of game. Linear but with open spaces to explore and no endless side nonsense. After 16 hours which could be increased to 20 I felt satisfied at the price.

It's a very well polished title with well crafted, engaging mechanics and quite challenging gameplay. At least I found it to be challenging. It could just be the fact that I'm still pretty bad with a controller. The amount of times I died from sheer button confusion...

Soldato
Psychonauts 2. Loved the original which I only played for the first time a few years back and this was pretty much more of the same with a bit more polish. Great light hearted and charming humour and a throwback to the days when 3D platformers were king. Highly recommended if you fancy a break from the usual type of games churned out these days. Unfortunately it's still pretty hard to find under £40 just now but there are plenty of hours to be had for your money. 8/10

Caporegime
Subnautica Below Zero (Game Pass) - 9/10

Fantastic once again. There are some real nice improvements which will probably take the shine off playing the first game now. Did seem a bit easier, I've managed to find nearly everything without resorting to a guide. (Just cheated the once!)

Associate
Subnautica Below Zero (Game Pass) - 9/10

Fantastic once again. There are some real nice improvements which will probably take the shine off playing the first game now. Did seem a bit easier, I've managed to find nearly everything without resorting to a guide. (Just cheated the once!)

I recently played this as well and enjoyed it but for some reason the world seemed smaller than the first one, might also be because I found navigating it far easier this time around.

Soldato
I just completed Mafia 3. I've been a fan of Mafia 1 and 2 forever and I finally 'managed' to complete 3. It grew on me after a while and I was actually enjoying myself after maybe 4 failed attempts to play through it; the driving is not too bad once I got over the "ram/turbo" button and the shooting is pretty good. I used one pair of guns for the entire game. I quite liked the little twists in the story and the basic structure kept me playing. Quite a few bugs here and there and it wasn't too long with the 3 (pretty good actually) DLCs, maybe 20h. 7/10 game.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Deathloop 8.5/10

Really great game with a stylish tone and unique hook that keeps you engaged. Really enjoyed the combat, feel of the guns etc and the setting.

Only downside for me was the ending was disappointing and it could have done with more gun variety. Apart from that though, pretty memorable experience.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Mafia Definitive Edition 9.5/10

Never played Mafia before so went into this blind basically. All I can say is I was blown away. Absolutely awesome game in so many ways. Spot on atmosphere, incredible gun fights and a really engaging story which genuinely had me emotionally invested the whole way. Just loved this game.

Graphics are incredible and it runs extremely well considering how good it looks. Auto hdr with Windows 11 really makes the game look awesome also.

My only very small negative is with such an amazingly crafted and immersive world there's no real exploration due to the games linearity but I can understand why it's that way so it's no big deal.

Associate
Dragon Age: Origins - 10/10

Games like this just aren't made anymore. Yes the graphics and gameplay are dated but like with KOTOR it all falls away when you're so immersed. I've forgotten how much I missed games like this.

Back
Top Bottom