The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Evil genius 2. 8/10

I found it fun to play albeit a bit slow. I had it running on >> to make it playable. Now there is a load of extra bits, I might have to go back and have another go

Soldato
Dragon Age: Origins - 10/10

Games like this just aren't made anymore. Yes the graphics and gameplay are dated but like with KOTOR it all falls away when you're so immersed. I've forgotten how much I missed games like this.

Still remember the first day I played this on release, amazing game must have finished it about 5 times along with its expansion.

Associate
I bought the Ultimate edition on GOG with all mods and expansions installed. Best £3 I've ever spent. Sadly my steam version doesn't have any of the previously bought DLC. Too much of a pain to go through EA.

Soldato
Homeworld Remastered except played the original one which comes with it as the remastered one is pretty horrible. 10/10 - total classic

What was it about the remastered version that you didn't like? Homeworld is one of my all time favorite games, and I don't remember the remaster being that bad.:confused:

What a game though. I really wish they would bring out a VR version.

Associate
What was it about the remastered version that you didn't like? Homeworld is one of my all time favorite games, and I don't remember the remaster being that bad.:confused:

What a game though. I really wish they would bring out a VR version.

Yeah nothing seemed to work properly - I think it was based on the Homeworld 2 engine which was tweaked. The fighters had been ruined totally - no formations etc which made them not really work. Also the way damage was dished out from beam weapons meant things were killed very quickly indeed. It was the original missions but through a prism of a different engine which didn't work with the craft in the game. Shame when the original was so perfect. I appreciated them doing it but they seemed, for me, to go about it in the wrong way. In the end they called it a 'reimagining' as it was so different.

Last edited:
Associate
Dishonored 2 - 8/10.
Great story and gameplay mechanics. Like with Prey (from Arkane), the game allows different options and means to progress. There were some story points
like Delilah having been disposed off by Daud before her resurrection
that I had missed due to not playing the DLC's from the first one but overall the story seems to be well stitched together. Now doing a second playthrough as Corvo.

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished Assassins Creed Black flag yesterday. Have had it a while but couldn't initially get on with it despite enjoying other games in the franchise. After changing a few things to get it running smoother a few weeks ago I quickly got hooked. For a game several years old it still holds up well with a good story and gameplay. Playing it yesterday I thought how the child me would have so loved this with its swashbuckling and gameplay.

Am now wondering whether to buy Unity but a couple of reviews I've looked at don't fair it well. What are peoples opinion please?

Associate
Resident Evil 3 (Remake) - 6.5/10

Been looking to play this since quite some time, started yesterday night and finished today.

Typical Resi game but felt quite short and very linear.

Associate
Close Combat 3 Cross Of Iron - 5.7/10

It's a fun game, until you get deeper into it, and you see how the devs have failed to properly program their maps and AI, which becomes more and more painfully obvious the further into the game you get. But it's fun. A nice concept.

Soldato
South Park - The Fractured but Whole

I bought this a while ago, but like so many games on Steam it went unplayed. Even despite enjoying The Stick of Truth.
Played over the last few days and finished tonight (although still a few achievements to get).
It was good, but I think I could have done with it being a couple hours shorter. I'm not sure if I'll go back to finish the missed achievements.
I really enjoy the show, so it was good to have some more story. Lots of fan service.

There were only a couple of times the combat was difficult, and it was more due to not paying attention.
The puzzles got tedious, and having to call on characters every few seconds in some areas was not enjoyable.
Definitely not bothered with buying any of the DLC!

I'd give it a 7/10 or a 7.5.
If you weren't a fan of South Park, then it's one to avoid.

Edit: Having looked at the missed achievements... No, definitely not bothering!

Soldato
The last PC game I completed was Quake II ported into VR on the Oculus Quest. And it was great!

First was better I'd say, but the second is a brilliant game too (kinda like saying the first was 9.5/10 and the second was 9/10). You don't need to play the first but I'd highly recommend it for the story to understand the world and the characters. I have a spare Steam copy of the definitive edition of Dishonored 1 for Steam from an old Humble Bundle that should still work and you can have (free) if you fancy it - let me know and I'll send you a trust message.

Cheeky request incoming: Is that key for the definitive edition still going spare please? :D

I bought the normal version of Dishonored a long time ago, but it would be nice to have the DLC that comes with the definitive edition!

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Origins - 7/10

Yeah, it's good. The combat is pretty good and gelled the game together well enough. I love the graphics and world of Egypt; late in the game when I found the aquaduct part of the map was a great moment after 20h of yellows, oranges and reds. Sunsets and sunrises are always great. The first time seeing a pyrimid in the distance and then climbing it an hour later through natural exploration was great.

The plot isn't amazing and I don't get why everyone thinks Aya is amazing. She has more flaws than Bayak and is slightly more interesting for it, but that's it really.

I'm going to do the Hidden Ones DLC and then move onto Odyssey (perhaps breaking the two up with something fast and short).

Soldato
The last PC game I completed was Quake II ported into VR on the Oculus Quest. And it was great!

Cheeky request incoming: Is that key for the definitive edition still going spare please? :D

I bought the normal version of Dishonored a long time ago, but it would be nice to have the DLC that comes with the definitive edition!

Yeah no worries, I'll ping it over to you on Trust :)

Back
Top Bottom