The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Horizon Zero Dawn, finished the final main quest today, absolutely superb in my eyes, almost faultless.

Literally the only rpg I have ever beaten, I usually get bogged down / bored with the open worlds, quests and upgrades etc, but something about HZD just hooked me.

Onto the Frozen Wilds next and then will likely beat every quest available.

9.5 :)

I really need to start this game at some point. Think I'll hang on till these OLED monitors come out along with a system upgrade.

Associate
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 9/10

Very good game with a solid story. There are a few annoying design flaws, such as vegetation occasionally obscuring the view when aiming, but, the gameplay is excellent for the most part. It made me half consider buying a PS so that I can play Forbidden West.

Soldato
FAR: Lone Sails. One of those games I've had on a wish list for a while but never properly looked into. Saw the sequel came out a few weeks back and decided to grab the first one while it was very cheap on Steam, and I'm kicking myself for only playing it now. I loved it, so clever and creative and very atmospheric. I'm a big fan of Limbo and Inside and this has a surprising amount in common with them. My only complaint is that it was even shorter than I expected.

9/10

Associate
Far Cry 6 - 8/10. A solid Far Cry game. The story? who cares, bad guys over there, get em! Satisfying weapons. Completed the story and most side missions, doesn't seem to be much else left to do. I'll probably pick up the future DLC for it. Nothing is perfect, a few issues, the games loads super quick, I mean the intros can be skipped and the game is loaded from the main menu in 9 secs. Beat that crapy Rockstar game loading times etc. Some strange choices in that I turned off a few UI elements to unconsole the game as much as possible; I don't need to see numbers flying off people or what class they are or a dot above an object I can interact with, but having the UI elements as off/on choices sorted all that - nice. Every now and then I would get a really important red update to tell me I needed to look at my map coz enemy rank numbers where going UP in some cases 8 went to 10 omg, please show me more map numbers. :)

Soldato
Frozen Wilds is even better than the base game :cool:
I've beaten the Frozen Wilds now, I've never been a huge fan of snow levels on any game ever since a young age, loved the new enemies and increased difficulty, but I still preferred the base game personally :)

Feel like i'm at an end point with the game now though, i've done all the main quests, most side/errands, only one skill missing, level 58 (May just get to 60) I was thinking of going for 100% achievements but feel like I need a break from it now, it's all the little missing collectibles like the flowers etc which I don't think I can be bothered with right now after putting in 50 hours, so think it's God of War time :D

I will likely come back to it and 100% it at some point, more than likely do a NG+ playthrough on Ultra Hard for when Forbidden West is announced for PC.

Soldato
Cyberpunk 2077: 8/10 (v1.5 patch). The story and voice acting were absolutely superb. If I was only rating the game based on those I'd have given it a 9.5; however, other than the main missions which were amazing, the side missions (gigs) were not bad and the game felt nice to play as a FPS, but everything else was a bit... meh. I think I'd have preferred this game if it was linear, story-driven RPG/FPS rather than having an open world.

Soldato
Cloudpunk 8.5/10.

Rich atmosphere, I was completely immersed. Gameplay is very minimal driving and walking and driving mechanics are not that great but does not get in the way of appreciating the gorgeous visuals of the city. The stories whilst amusing are not exactly ground-breaking or particularly rich.

I did thoroughly enjoy the game though, mostly because the atmosphere allowed me to immerse myself into this world completely and live though those littles stories myself.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wolfenstein: The New Order
9/10
Really enjoyed this. Proper single player FPS campaigns are awesome when done properly. New Colossus downloading now!

I really enjoyed this game too, I remember spending a couple of evenings completing it as I could not stop playing.

I’m going to play The Old Blood followed by Colossus :)

Man of Honour
Yeah New Order was surprisingly good. Shocking performance (bizarrely, made no sense, Old Blood runs way better) but it did a lot of things well, best Wolfenstein game I've played.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this game too, I remember spending a couple of evenings completing it as I could not stop playing.

I’m going to play The Old Blood followed by Colossus :)

Old Blood is a good shout. I've just hit download. I tried it a while back via Steam but it ran like **** on my 1070 to the point where I got a refund. I'll see if the Game Pass version plays nicely with my 3080.

Soldato
I really enjoyed Wolfenstein : The New Order, I found the next one "The Old Blood" dragged a bit tbh and i couldnt wait to complete it. Then i got about 4 hours into The New Colossus before i stopped, might have to reinstall it as it was good fun.

Soldato
Then i got about 4 hours into The New Colossus before i stopped, might have to reinstall it as it was good fun.

I’m a few hours into New Colossus now. It keeps popping up a message telling me I’m out of vRAM which is really annoying! This on a 3080 at 1080p FFS……. (I am saving for a better screen!)

ne0

ne0

Associate
Dying Light 2 8/10

Loved the 1st one and also loved this one. Looked amazing and ran beautifully on my rig with a couple of tweaks. Loved the gory combat gameplay and the sense of freedom when parkouring, however, felt the story and characters were a bit crap which is a shame. I think I preferred the story in the first one iirc.

Associate
Factorio 9.5/10

I've never played a game that is so addictive. It really is a gem of a game, the amount of mods make it so much fun to play again. The community is superb, the devs are excellent too.

Back
Top Bottom