The Last Kingdom - new series for BBC based on Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories

Soldato
I finished the last and definitely final book the other day :(, it's going to feel like something is missing from now on. I can't wait for Season 5 to get its release date (even if I do know what's going to happen :p)

Associate
Just on season 2, enjoyable show. The way the story transitions isn't perfect, but acceptable. Amazing how the BBC dropped this, how do they expect to get and keep subscribers?

Soldato
First episode kicked some serious Donkey...
If Vikings Valhalla seems to be trying to emulate Last Kingdom in style, then Last Kingdom seems to have moved its pace to that of Vikings.
Some great story elements, not posting anything even in spoilers but was gripped and can't wait to watch Ep2 tomorrow.

As an aside the already great music got even better, hope there will be a soundtrack CD at some point.

Soldato
Just on season 2, enjoyable show. The way the story transitions isn't perfect, but acceptable. Amazing how the BBC dropped this, how do they expect to get and keep subscribers?

I know I couldn't quite believe it either especially as they went to quite some lengths to promote season one with a mini site with biography on the characters, actors etc seemed a huge oversight another reason I don't watch much BBC these days they've really lost their way

Seems a shame to end at Season 5, seeing as there is more book material left to cover :(

Apparently they only ever intended to do 5 seasons as that covered all the books up to that point, theres been more released since of course. At least thats the official line.

I know it's the final season, but I thought I read there was going to be a film as well to finish it off.

Several films apparently

Soldato
Ep2 last night. I really, really hope that Brida is for the chop soon, really has gone psycho-looney tunes in this series.
Her gelding of young Uhtred though not shown directly sent a repulsive shiver down my spine. Far worse than the guy getting his eye burned out with a red hot poker towards the end of S3.

I haven't got beyond halfway through the first book, so have they tarted up her nastiness or is it the same on the printed page? Full credit to the actress for pulling it off, though.

Soldato
Ep2 last night. I really, really hope that Brida is for the chop soon, really has gone psycho-looney tunes in this series.
Her gelding of young Uhtred though not shown directly sent a repulsive shiver down my spine. Far worse than the guy getting his eye burned out with a red hot poker towards the end of S3.

I haven't got beyond halfway through the first book, so have they tarted up her nastiness or is it the same on the printed page? Full credit to the actress for pulling it off, though.

I read the books quite a while ago but from what I recall Brida was a full on nasty nut bag

Soldato
I read the books quite a while ago but from what I recall Brida was a full on nasty nut bag
Probably a psychopathic schizophrenic too, if she was analysed by modern day standards. Anyhow
at least Stiorra finally took care of her travelling arrangements after Uhtred once more couldn't give the coup de grace.

Back
Top Bottom