The Left Handed Build

Associate
I do fully agree that the braiding looks very good - and much better than the PSU supplied braiding. Sorry I didn't mention it immediately - my only excuse is that it was early in the morning when I wrote that. :o

The reason that I asked about the PSU is that I'd be worried about voiding the warranty on something that I'd just bought. Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

Associate
I do fully agree that the braiding looks very good - and much better than the PSU supplied braiding. Sorry I didn't mention it immediately - my only excuse is that it was early in the morning when I wrote that. :o

The reason that I asked about the PSU is that I'd be worried about voiding the warranty on something that I'd just bought. Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

Afaik, with a fully modular psu like a corsair (all the cables are removeable even the 24 pin) it means you can braid the modular cables without opening the psu and voiding your warrenty.

If the psu breaks just send the psu back without cables, not sure if its correct, but i have sent a 520w psu back without cables and it came back working, so its what im planning to do on a future build.:)

Associate
OP

I think my warranty is long gone now :)

As for the reason why, it was going for the right sort of money on the MM.

I looked @ the Corsair but they were going for more money.
If anyone from Corsair/ Overclockers sees this build & would like to give me a corsair psu, then I will be happy to recieve it.
I promise to give it a good home :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Loving this build, will be keeping an eye on it :)

All that braiding, you have the patience of a saint! I really want to do something similar to this myself one day, custom case and all!

Associate
OP
Loving this build, will be keeping an eye on it :)

All that braiding, you have the patience of a saint! I really want to do something similar to this myself one day, custom case and all!

Thanks Zefan, I don't know if I could be classed as a saint (Mrs Piggin would say I am part of the other lot) but I find I can switch off & unwind when doing it.

Associate
OP
Ouch! You are in trouble now m8. :eek:

lol, she will get her revenge ;)

Been following your progress mate. Keep it up. This build will be sickkk (In a good way)!

Is she hot? If so you might struggle finding a replacement. Too many munters around these days :p

Mrs Piggin is very hot, she will be even hotter if she grabs hold of a live power supply. :D

As for the munters, I am not allowed to look any more.
Mrs Piggin does not allow it. Thank god for sun glasses in the summer :cool:

Soldato
lol, she will get her revenge ;)

Mrs Piggin is very hot, she will be even hotter if she grabs hold of a live power supply. :D

As for the munters, I am not allowed to look any more.
Mrs Piggin does not allow it. Thank god for sun glasses in the summer :cool:

Why not make her grab hold of the power supply? Then you have even more time for your build!

'Hey honey, can you hold this for me, just gotta do some overclocking...'

Associate
OP
This is the update that you all thought would never happen (including myself)

To hold the panels onto the sides of the case I decided to use rivet nuts.

DSCF2274.jpg

Rivet nuts have pre formed threads inside them & are fitted like pop rivets

DSCF2276.jpg

To fit them properly, you have to have the proper rivet gun

DSCF2272.jpg

The frame was drilled, counter sunk & rivet nuts fitted

DSCF2484.jpg

After lots of drilling, we have

Front view

3.jpg

Side with window

5.jpg