The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Don't park right near the ground on Utting Avenue. It takes about an hour to get out afterwards. Unless the hospitality ticket lets you hang around afterwards for a while?

Best option is to use something like Just Park and rent a space on someones drive nearby. It'll be the same price as parking in a big car park but won't take you ****ing forever to get out.

Soldato
Hospitality ticket includes food after the game - so I imagine we'll hang around

Looks like the jUst park idea has some good options - thanks.

Do they allocate our seats when they send us the tickets? There wasn't an option to pick them.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
My option if I don't want this is to cancel to another game - challenge is this game was very cheap, and I presume they'll want the extra.

Soldato
Edit - Thought I'd just update this one and then share my thoughts on the entire day.

As some of you know, we went for one of the more basic levels of match day hospitality at the Boot Room Sports Cafe (billed as the Boot Room Restaurant) which included tickets in the Centenary Stand Upper (CE2, Row 9, Seats 35 and 36, so two on the end by the walkway). It cost us just under £90 a ticket. This included the Match Day Ticket, a Programme, Access to the LFC Museum, a 3 Course meal prior to the game, and then after match refreshments and sandwiches.

We arrived quite early, so went into the Museum first - before the first tours started - and spent probably 15 minutes walking round. This was quite interesting, but I don't think I'd spend much more time than that in there. After that we had another walk around the ground and then went to get access to the lounge.

The Boot Room Sports Cafe is a nice enough environment - think a nice chain pub with table service - which had some decent enough food and even on a cheaper day was priced at a level where you had quite a calm quiet environment. You get access to this about 3 hours before kick off. The staff are all very happy and positive and the day is made to feel enjoyable for all. A young lad - maybe 8/9 years old - infront of us at the queue to get in was chatting to the guy who ended up being the manager of the Boot Room and he was having all the build up to really enjoy his day.

As part of this, a former LFC player would be available for a chat, and John Aldridge was the man on point. He seemed a genuinely nice humble bloke, and happily posed for photos, had a chat with people, signed programmes, etc. He then spoke to everyone over the PA system for about 10-15 minutes about the tie (and the interesting fact he nearly ended up at Plymouth)

We headed round to our seats and for me, they were absolutely fine - I'm about 5ft 7/8 - but I think if you were a lot taller you'd be a bit cramped. They were quite steep tiering, which was good as no one got in your view. When the play was at the Kop end when they were right on the corner with the Centenary stand the view was *slightly* obscured, but nothing that was really all that bad.

The game.... well I said frustrating as we couldn't break down 11 men behind the ball constantly sat in their area on one of my social media accounts and got trolled disrespecting Plymouth and the competition. Quite simply, Plymouth had a game plan and it worked a treat. We simply lacked that ability to break them down. Bringing on Lallana, Sturridge and Firmino made a bit of difference but it was too little too late. All that said though, it was a good day, and in honesty, every 'neutral' out there was wanting an upset.

Would I recommend the hospitality? sure. It was good and I'd definitely consider doing it that way again. When you included all the things that we got as part of our match day ticket it was very fairly priced I thought.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What ever happened with Grujic? Was Klopps first signing, he phoned him personally to convince him to join Liverpool, was one of our best players in preseason games yet he never seems to feature in any games.

Caporegime
A natural fit from EA.

EA and Liverpool both offer excitement and things to look forward in the summer and end up disappointing by Christmas so it seems a match made in heaven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom