The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Man of Honour
Ha ha papers a quoting "Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno, 24, is fighting to save his Anfield career during a week-long warm weather training break in Tenerife, with manager Jurgen Klopp eyeing up other left-backs including Schalke's Sead Kolasinac, 23" complete mistake as it should read:-

Liverpool headless chicken Alberto Moreno, 24, is fighting to save his Anfield career during a week-long warm weather training break in Tenerife, with manager Jurgen Klopp eyeing up other left-backs including Schalke's Sead Kolasinac, 23.

Correction....

Liverpool headless chicken Alberto Moreno, 24, is fighting to save his Anfield career during a week-long warm weather training break in Tenerife, with manager Jurgen Klopp eyeing up absolutely anyone on the planet including several one-legged blind OAPs.

Soldato
with moreno, while i'd never let him anywhere near a left back slot, with the lack of squad depth i'd have him as a back up for the front 3, from what i've seen of him he can go past players, decent pass on him and can strike a ball.

Soldato
There isnt a pre contract its just a rumour from some lad who is sometimes reliable.

As for not being good enough...take a look at our midfield options today and say that. He is absolutely good enough and is a very solid deputy to Mane. His stats are right up there for the time Arsenal actually play him (been available most of the season).

People are forgetting how poor some of our midfielders are...Lallana for eg has been none existant this calender year.

Soldato
There isnt a pre contract its just a rumour from some lad who is sometimes reliable.

As for not being good enough...take a look at our midfield options today and say that. He is absolutely good enough and is a very solid deputy to Mane. His stats are right up there for the time Arsenal actually play him (been available most of the season).

People are forgetting how poor some of our midfielders are...Lallana for eg has been none existant this calender year.

No he is not good enough. I just don't think he'll add anything to our midfield. If that's the calibre of player you want at Liverpool then I am worried. As for Lallana I disagree.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't know what's worse, the fact it's the Ox we're linked to or the fact it's another forward. LB, CB, DM or a GK and I wouldn't be too concerned but another midfielder? Will have to be very cheap for it to be a worthwhile signing because he certainly won't improve our first XI.

As for Lallana, there's no doubt his form dropped off but that coincided with his move back upfront. In midfield, he's been an absolute revelation this season.

Soldato
Lallana has been awful for 3 months...theres no getting away from it.

I didnt say i want Ox in fair i just think hes good enough. He certainly improves out options for me.

Soldato
Another thing to consider is his woeful injury record (multiple groin and hamstring injuries) and Klopp's high intensity game, the two simply don't fit.

My main doubt but then i do think the lack of games when he is fit doesnt help. I think if he costs around 20mil i could stomach it...30+ and its silly money really.

Back
Top Bottom