***The Lord of the Ringos? Peter Jackson to direct a Beatles film***

Caporegime
I'm so excited about this. What Jackson did withe the WW1 footage was astonishing!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47055236

The Oscar-winning director will bring to life the tense recording sessions for the band's final album, Let It Be, using 55 hours of unseen studio footage that was shot in 1969.

In a statement, he described the film as "the ultimate 'fly on the wall' experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about".

He said: "It's like a time machine transports us back to 1969, and we get to sit in the studio watching these four friends make great music together."

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Caporegime
OP
That he was a bit of a self centered ****

Lennon in an interview.

http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/dbjypb.int3.html

LENNON: "It is a diary form of writing. All that 'I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved' was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically... any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster."

Man of Honour
What songs are you doing?

John Lennon - Starting Over
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Beatles - Across the Universe
The Beatles - Ballad Of John & Yoko
The Beatles - Come Together
The Beatles - Drive My Car
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
The Beatles - Nowhere Man
The Beatles - Something
The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
The Beatles - She Loves You
Wings - Band On The Run
Wings - Jet
Wings - Let Me Roll It

These are very similar to The Beatles
Badfinger - Baby Blue
Badfinger - Come And Get It
Badfinger - Day After Day
Badfinger - No Matter What

Some more to try

Caporegime
OP
John Lennon - Starting Over
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Beatles - Across the Universe
The Beatles - Ballad Of John & Yoko
The Beatles - Come Together
The Beatles - Drive My Car
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
The Beatles - Nowhere Man
The Beatles - Something
The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
The Beatles - She Loves You
Wings - Band On The Run
Wings - Jet
Wings - Let Me Roll It

These are very similar to The Beatles
Badfinger - Baby Blue
Badfinger - Come And Get It
Badfinger - Day After Day
Badfinger - No Matter What

Some more to try

Great list. Maybe I'm amazed :D;)

Man of Honour
Great list. Maybe I'm amazed :D;)

It's down to the bride & groom.

Here is the amazing thing and was a great shock to me.
We have been practising as a 3 piece, two acoustics + electronic kit and 3 weeks ago his wife to be walked in and played all the songs on bass :)
At the wedding party we will get up and do one song and then say "Hey we have a bass player missing" and then she will get up in her wedding dress.

Permabanned
Let It Be [ the film ] has been almost disowned by the fab four, never much shown on TV or got an official DVD release.
It's edited to show the disharmony in the group, Macca's dominance and alleged bullying,
George's grumpiness [ which was never far from the surface anyway ]
John's apathy and disinterest and Ringo's perpetual boredom with being just the drummer.

Hopefully Jackson can re-edit the footage to show why The Beatles, even when not firing on all cylinders, could produce
sublime music.

Caporegime
OP
Let It Be [ the film ] has been almost disowned by the fab four, never much shown on TV or got an official DVD release.
It's edited to show the disharmony in the group, Macca's dominance and alleged bullying,
George's grumpiness [ which was never far from the surface anyway ]
John's apathy and disinterest and Ringo's perpetual boredom with being just the drummer.

Hopefully Jackson can re-edit the footage to show why The Beatles, even when not firing on all cylinders, could produce
sublime music.

Things improved when they moved from Twickenham studios to Saville Row and Billy Preston was invited in..from then on its was a positive experience.

Back
Top Bottom