The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime
Amazon released an emergency woke video with 4 "normal people" (superfan influencers lol) talking about diversity and equality in the great new show....

They came across as complete morons with zero knowledge of any of Tolkien's work so the video has quickly been unlisted to hide it from more "internet trolls"
giving their invalid opinions..

lol.... All hype is good hype right? :p

Associate
Amazon released an emergency woke video with 4 "normal people" (superfan influencers lol) talking about diversity and equality in the great new show....

They came across as complete morons with zero knowledge of any of Tolkien's work so the video has quickly been unlisted to hide it from more "internet trolls"

Soldato
It's ******* terrible :D I pity anyone that thinks this will be good. I still can't understand why these people think portraying Galadriel as an angsty teenager when she is 8000 years old at the time this is set is a good thing?

People that use the word 'like' more than twice in a sentence should be shot.

Associate
I can still see it doing well though. The Tolkien fans may not appreciate some of the changes, but I imagine most people will just watch it for something to watch if they have Prime already. Amazon will then hail it a success despite the current fervour.

Edit: Some Wheel of Time fans weren't happy but it's had high viewing figures.

Edit: Some Witcher fans had issues with the Witcher TV series but that seems to have done well.

What will be interesting is what happens when the movie rights to the Lord of the Rings are sold and what comes from that, especially if Amazon get it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What makes you say that?

Amazon being the monster corporation it is?

Its a kinda flippant comment relating to their size, i didnt think it needed explaining but this is ocuk and nothing should be taken for granted. i guess.

Im aware Amazon dont operate in china for example.... Hence there are plenty of people left on earth without prime subscriptions.

am i over explaining this :p

Caporegime
I can still see it doing well though. The Tolkien fans may not appreciate some of the changes, but I imagine most people will just watch it for something to watch if they have Prime already. Amazon will then hail it a success despite the current fervour.

Wheel of Time fans weren't happy but it's had high viewing figures.

Witcher fans had issues with the Witcher TV series but that seems to have done well.

What will be interesting is what happens when the movie rights to the Lord of the Rings are sold and what comes from that, especially if Amazon get it.

Your statements really need a 'some' before them. Witcher has high ratings and I know a lot of Witcher fans (both games and books) that loved it.

Associate
Your statements really need a 'some' before them. Witcher has high ratings and I know a lot of Witcher fans (both games and books) that loved it.
Agreed, I should have added 'some'. I don't know what issues they were, just in comments from some mentioning issues with changes from the books when discussing the Rings of Power. I hadn't read or played Witcher before the tv series and enjoyed the first series, the second not so much, but I am now enjoying the Witcher 3 game.

Soldato
Amazon being the monster corporation it is?

Its a kinda flippant comment relating to their size, i didnt think it needed explaining but this is ocuk and nothing should be taken for granted. i guess.

Im aware Amazon dont operate in china for example.... Hence there are plenty of people left on earth without prime subscriptions.

am i over explaining this :p

So your comment was related to the size of the organisation, I thought it was related to the benefits of a prime subscription or lack of in the case of your comment.

Caporegime
So your comment was related to the size of the organisation, I thought it was related to the benefits of a prime subscription or lack of in the case of your comment.

p3cy7x.gif

Soldato

Ooof, that video got ratioed HARD!!! :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom