The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
It's called incompetence nick we are not a football club we are a business mate a board who think more about money and don't know a thing about football jobs for the boys the standards have got lower and lower

I know and it annoys me.

Look at this argentinian kid with the 17m clause. Sure go for it. He's playing regular first team football , and a half decent footballer will always sell for 5-10m anyway so the potential for a loss is very little. 22 goals in 45 for River Plate...

Pay the money, let him stay there on loan until season end. Then clear out one if cr7 and cavani and he comes in.

This gives him a summer to acclimatise and train. A clear progression plan into the team.

Where's Pellistri at?

Hes literally stored 2 goals in his whole career. Who scouted this guy?

Soldato
I know and it annoys me.

Look at this argentinian kid with the 17m clause. Sure go for it. He's playing regular first team football , and a half decent footballer will always sell for 5-10m anyway so the potential for a loss is very little. 22 goals in 45 for River Plate...

Pay the money, let him stay there on loan until season end. Then clear out one if cr7 and cavani and he comes in.

This gives him a summer to acclimatise and train. A clear progression plan into the team.

Where's Pellistri at?

Hes literally stored 2 goals in his whole career. Who scouted this guy?
Cavani is gone at end of the season so yeh I agree about the youngster coming in I'd also get rid of fred and matic and get a decent dm in plus a back up one mate garner

Soldato
Martial said he would never refuse to play
Perhaps he wasn't being asked to play ( at least in the first instance) this might be nuanced and he may have thrown a fit if he knew he wasn't starting. In any case it's a pretty clumsy situation to find yourself in if you are Martial or Rangnick.

Soldato
Yeah kind of a shame he never really kicked on

can’t believe he’s been at the club 6 years

seems a waste of talent due to lack of consistency and game time

definitely the right time to move on and try and change that

Soldato
Shambles top to bottom at the moment....

Just think about this for a moment - United are 24 points behind City already at the halfway point in the season (yes City have 2 games more played).... The club is a shambles....

Team looks utterly devoid of any motivation/happiness to be playing. Ralf is just babysitting to the summer, pick up a nice cheque and be on his way.

Ronaldo/Cavani/Martial/Pogba/Mata and others will go in the summer - United NEED to be brutal and just get rid of players and their wages.... (where possible contractually of course).

PLEASE - not Poch....I prey to god they don't bring him in.

Team is so "top heavy" at the moment with so many players wanting to play through the middle - Ronaldo, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani etc - all want to be a centre forward (not all of them suit that role).

2 Top class midfields are needed to be able to stablise a game - Matic and Fred looked knackered in the last 20 minutes against Villa but left to continue as there is no one else to come in.

Soldato
The transfer and contract business has been a shambles but I think some of it can be corrected this summer with letting players go or selling.

as for new players you never know how it will go so this time next year could still be no better lol

fez

fez

Caporegime
The issue is how many players we're going to need to replace in one summer, we haven't signed that many players since Van Gaal and that was a dreadful window.

Rangnick says the squad is too bloated as it is. Obviously we can't clear out everyone not up to scratch in one go regardless of cover but there are plenty that can go that won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Pogba - injured A LOT and turns up 1 in 5 games when he isn't.
Lingard - Barely plays
Bailly - Injured 50-60% of the time if feels and we have cover enough in that position.
Matic - Too old, doesn't play that much
Mata - Never plays
Martial - Barely plays or is injured and gives very little when he does
Cavani - would happily keep for another year
Ronaldo - fingers crossed he ***** off

Thats a lot of people but if you remove the ones that barely play you have a list of probably 3 regulars there. That lot would probably save us about 1.5m/week or more and I don't think we would be a worse side if we signed a couple of CMs and a RB. We could get the wage bill under control and bit, promote some youth if needs be and generally start a bit of a reboot in the right direction.

Obviously none of this will happen. Pogba will probably stay on a new £400k/week contract, Matic and Mata will sign extensions, Martial won't be sold because of his wages and our transfer fee demands and Ronaldo will probably be given an extension to his remaining year.

Caporegime
The bare minimum we're going to need a striker, a DM, a creative midfielder. It really depends on how Elanga does and if Hannibal gets a shot when he's back from internationals. If VdB leaves too we'll need a backup for Bruno.

Soldato
I can’t see Ronaldo staying if we don’t get CL. Surely he’d have something in his contract that allows him to move on if another club is interested and CL requirement is met.

Us getting rid of half the players mentioned is a pipe dream, no one wants them or can afford them with our ridiculous wage structure.

Man of Honour
OP
There's been talk today that the club will potentially look at appointing the new manager sooner rather than later.

3 names are primarily mentioned: Pochettino, Ten Hag and (more tentatively) Rodgers.

... I don't think any of them will be available before the end of the season.

James Ducker also said that Fletcher and SAF have decided we should go for John McGinn in the summer, for £50m+... brilliant.

We don't really know what's going on, but so far, things aren't sounding great.

Soldato
There's been talk today that the club will potentially look at appointing the new manager sooner rather than later.

3 names are primarily mentioned: Pochettino, Ten Hag and (more tentatively) Rodgers.

... I don't think any of them will be available before the end of the season.

James Ducker also said that Fletcher and SAF have decided we should go for John McGinn in the summer, for £50m+... brilliant.

We don't really know what's going on, but so far, things aren't sounding great.

I like John McGinn but he doesnt exactly improve United...If I was United id be going all in for Bellingham and a cheeky punt at Big Gini at PSG. Bit of a wild shout like.

Back
Top Bottom