The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Yes. 100%.

The board along with what seems like at least 75% our of fans thought that we were going to compete for the league this season based on getting Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho and we came second last season (which was definitely not because everyone apart from City had shocking seasons ;)).

This is the same board who gave Ole a new contract to make sure all those pesky teams like Barca, Bayern and RM wouldn't steal our massively in demand manager. Our board are idiots but we seem to have a few more sensible heads at the club now and we need to get top 4. The biggest hole in the team is CM and even a wasted £40-50m this Jan isn't that much if it gives you a better chance of getting CL.
Yeh I agree we should be looking for a midfielder as we are lacking a decent one this was so obvious even before the season started I think it was Keane who said you ain't winning the league with Scott and Fred in the midfield before the season started

And yes I agree a competent board would go and buy one in January as for the sensible heads in there now who all they've done is have a shuffle round unless your on about Ralph but they need to listen to him but I bet they don't

Man of Honour
OP
I suppose Elanga will be the replacement for he who shall not be named, but we're going to need one of Rashford or Sancho to hit top form soon.

I'm genuinely astounded we haven't tried to sign a central midfielder. Again.

Caporegime
I suppose Elanga will be the replacement for he who shall not be named, but we're going to need one of Rashford or Sancho to hit top form soon.

I wouldn't put money on it but I hope they hit the floor running as the constant chopping and changing should be stopped now and we will have a more consistent starting lineup. In the short term at least it might be a blessing!

Soldato

You had Voldemort in your squad? No wonder there's been an air of depression clouding your recent performances. Seriously though I'm puzzled too why you're not seeking some serious investment. Is it because previous attempts at big signings to try and guarantee impact (I'm thinking Sanchez in particular) didn't bring the results they'd hoped for? Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Soldato
Well that has to go down as one of the worst transfer windows for us, ever.
Part of you hopes that for once they are getting their act together and have managed to keep a signing off the radar whilst concluding at the last minute. A bit like the professionalism you see from Liverpool or City but then you realise its the same forlorn hope that we experience prior to every game that everything is going to "click" into place and we' will be contenders again. Nope, same old United, incompetent at all levels. Oh well at least we have kept hold of Phil Jones - he's probably being groomed as our new CDM.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's not all bad....we got rid of Martial :D

Martial is one of the few players who could come on and change a game on his own. He should be moved on because hes being paid far too much for his application and contributions to the team but we will still have to do that at the end of the season. This whole Greenwood thing means that we have lost both of our biggest game changers in one window.

Interesting to see how the rest of the season goes. Pogba needs to come back firing on all cylinders for us to get top 4 IMO.

Soldato
Martial is one of the few players who could come on and change a game on his own.

Could, but didn't.

Greenwood is a spanner in the works, but better to go into the summer window with a plan than panic buy in January. We do have Ronaldo and Cavani until then.

Soldato
Could, but didn't.

Greenwood is a spanner in the works, but better to go into the summer window with a plan than panic buy in January. We do have Ronaldo and Cavani until then.
Our boards plan for the summer will be drag out finding a new manager then there will be no time to spend on the players we need or the new manager wants

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure the manager situation will be sorted within the first few weeks of the summer. Perhaps before. RR could get it if he does really well before the end of the season but the odds are stacked against him.

Soldato
I’m just assuming (hoping?) Poch comes in when PSG stumble in the Champions League.

Hopefully be settled to concentrate on transfers in the summer then. But, we all know, in reality, it will be long and protracted and we’ll not get anywhere.

Soldato
I’m just assuming (hoping?) Poch comes in when PSG stumble in the Champions League.
He wouldn't be my first choice. I can't get over the trophyless CV so unless he wins the CL this year then I'm not sure I'd risk it. I prefer Ten Hag as he has experience working in a well run club with lower resources which necessitate more reliance on player development, coaching and tactics. I can't see Ten Hag having the same size of ego that Poch may bring and therefore the former might form a better partnership with RR.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the manager situation will be sorted within the first few weeks of the summer. Perhaps before. RR could get it if he does really well before the end of the season but the odds are stacked against him.
I disagree the season doesn't finish till May then the new manager will want a holiday break the new season starts early this year due to world Cup There's still a mess at United to sort for who ever comes in all players will be back from loans players like pogba lingard mata are out of contract martial bailly don't want to be here then you've got Henderson also wanting to leave cavani will be gone aswell .
The new manager will have to look at players we've got here then decide who he wants imho
There isn't enough time to sort this mess out unless Ralph is the next manager but the board don't seem to be listening to him so that's not going to work out very well

fez

fez

Caporegime
He wouldn't be my first choice. I can't get over the trophyless CV so unless he wins the CL this year then I'm not sure I'd risk it. I prefer Ten Hag as he has experience working in a well run club with lower resources which necessitate more reliance on player development, coaching and tactics. I can't see Ten Hag having the same size of ego that Poch may bring and therefore the former might form a better partnership with RR.

I see it quite differently myself. I think ETH has probably got the higher ceiling but is far more likely to butt heads with a poorly run club and players who don't want to put the club above their own egos. Poch never really had a chance of winning much at Spurs and overachieved somewhat and PSG are just a mess of a club that are run like United on steroids. Imagine trying to manage a team with Neymar, Messi and Mbappe as you front three. Its the reason they always fall short in the CL. There are teams out there with squads that are arguably as good but 10x better when it comes to balance and team dynamics.

I don't think Poch has a massive ego but he will have a bit more experience with the PL and dealing with players who think they are gods gift. I think both have their risks but both have the potential to do well at United. ETH would be my choice but thats probably because I would like us to become far more like City and Liverpool in the way we play and are run.

Soldato
Experience working in a well run club? Then he’s going to struggle here then! ;)

I agree with Fez regarding Poch in that he already has PL experience too, and bringing a team like Spurs up to scratch is no mean feat.

I’d not be disappointed with Ten Hag at all though, don’t get me wrong!

Man of Honour
OP
I like Poch on the whole and would be happy with him. I'm not sure the trophies are a major concern, he's done very good things and with greater financial backing, should be able to get to that next level.

Ten Hag would be more complicated, he would be my ideal choice but against the backdrop of our upper management, I think it would be problematic.

Caporegime
I like Poch on the whole and would be happy with him. I'm not sure the trophies are a major concern, he's done very good things and with greater financial backing, should be able to get to that next level.

Ten Hag would be more complicated, he would be my ideal choice but against the backdrop of our upper management, I think it would be problematic.

Poch can't handle the PSG dressing room. He probably can't handle the UTD one then either.

And are you sure you want a runner up?

Screenshot-20220201-114054-Chrome.jpg

I would have thought that someone either a winning mentality would be ideal tbh

Back
Top Bottom