The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
"P. Jones can I be ur girlfriend"

Once Rooney leaves give Phil Jones 300k a week and start marketing him heavily in China, there must be something in the water there.

Caporegime
Sad to see him destroying a talented young player's career. Maybe we could look past it if the team was doing well and the people he was picking instead were doing well but they've all been ****. He's putting personal feelings ahead of the well being of the team and it's not for the first time this season.

Caporegime
This is what, the fourth time he's attacked him in the media? After a game where we played shocking and he praised all the players and then attacks a player he didn't even put on the bench? This worries me even more than our league position and inability to win games tbh.

Soldato
It's certainly a strange one, as surely if he doesn't like Shaw he could look to move him on but after these comments I would've thought his value is going to take a tumble.

I understand it's probably a mental thing for Shaw as he had a really bad break and he needs to feel comfortable in himself that he isn't going to go down the injured route again as he was certainly a great young talent before the injury.

Soldato
He's trying to provoke a response. He's trying to make a squad of winners, some of which have rarely won anything and have no idea how hard it is to do so. Hope shaw comes good.

Soldato
He's trying to provoke a response. He's trying to make a squad of winners, some of which have rarely won anything and have no idea how hard it is to do so. Hope shaw comes good.

Thats fine in general but unfair on someone right after such a serious injury

Caporegime
Yeah, plus why haven't other people got the same treatment? I've seen no calling out of Rooney or Rashford after poor performances. Hell after Fellaini cost us three points he defended him tooth and nail.

Caporegime
It's just frustrating that at a time when the club is struggling we're making things so much harder for ourselves with things like this. Mourinho's consistent bad man management has hurt us so much this season. It's almost like we've started the process of dropping points before we even step on the pitch sometimes.

Caporegime
Yea, you've been frustrated for years, nothings changed since Fergie left, but you won't progress unless everyone is on the same page. Don't be like Arsenal

This is exactly what happened to Liverpool in the 90's and can see us going the same way. There is only so long you go before the sponsors and players start going. 2 years without champs league just cannot happen.

Soldato
This is exactly what happened to Liverpool in the 90's and can see us going the same way. There is only so long you go before the sponsors and players start going. 2 years without champs league just cannot happen.

Obviously in relative terms, but it would be very interesting to know how the bottom lines compare financially between Liverpool in the 90's and Utd now

Obviously the numbers are vastly bigger now, but in % terms (compared to top 4? , not sure what would be fairest comparison) they may not be that different

Maybe there is no "fair" comparison as the sport and the league are in a completely different position compared to back in the 90's

While we were in it for the group , we are not competitive which is really all that counts - so in effect we have been out of it for 4 years.
Obviously the sponsors were happy-ish , I'm sure the club and fans weren't though.

Soldato
Jose has pretty much the same stats as LvG at this stage:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...louis-van-gaal-after-28-games-of-first-season

To be fair we're often playing far more entertaining football than at any point under LvG, but the figures don't lie!

This season is certainly tougher than LvG's 1st imo, and considering Liverpool and Chelsea both have no European games that gives both those teams a huge benefit compared to two years ago (Spurs Liverpool and Soton were in Europa that season, with the others in CL)

Back
Top Bottom