The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
Forgive the source, but...

I'm hoping it's just the Daily Mail talking rubbish

I could be a football "journalist", lets have a go.

Alexis Sanchez is being paid £500k week - cant give a source

Pogba wants to double his wages because he has been told Sanchez is getting paid twice what he is - I assume the club briefs all players on other players salaries

Anthony Martial wants to leave the club because Sanchez will limit his playing time and progression

Rashford has decided to leave unless he gets a huge pay rise as he feels Uniteds recent signing of Sanchez and Matic shows the club isn't promoting youth.

Few months down the line Sanchez has unsettled the dressing room as his astronomical salary has alienated him from his teammates and they resent the special treatment they feel he is getting.

Man of Honour
I could be a football "journalist", lets have a go.

Alexis Sanchez is being paid £500k week - cant give a source

Pogba wants to double his wages because he has been told Sanchez is getting paid twice what he is - I assume the club briefs all players on other players salaries

Anthony Martial wants to leave the club because Sanchez will limit his playing time and progression

Rashford has decided to leave unless he gets a huge pay rise as he feels Uniteds recent signing of Sanchez and Matic shows the club isn't promoting youth.

Few months down the line Sanchez has unsettled the dressing room as his astronomical salary has alienated him from his teammates and they resent the special treatment they feel he is getting.

Who would you work for? Judging by the formatting of that post and the sources includes, it must be The Express?

And

And

Associate
Give me ten minutes to knock something up in PS then... The figure and personal terms agreement was spoken about in more than one newspaper (not the Express/Mail) and multiple online sources. United offered him a better deal, he's gone there, stands to reason if City offered 250k a week United have offered more. Much like the Tevez deal from United to City I doubt we'll ever know what the true figure is.

So you've seen the contract then maybe you could show us or the copy of cities offer as you're so sure city offered 250

Soldato
But nobody knows it's all press talk some are saying 4 00 others 300 thats a massive difference. which isThe proof they havnt seen the contract or offers. but a figures gets thrown out then people make there on story up. let's see if the proper figure comes out now the deals done and in your statement you use the one word that makes my point correct .and thats if city offered 250. if been the word. oh I'm not having a go at you personally .

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Who would you work for? Judging by the formatting of that post and the sources includes, it must be The Express?

Dailymail, express, metro, mirror. Any of those would be lucky to have my journalistic instincts.

Dailymail are reporting that Sanchez will be earning £600k per week now. Contracts change so fast these days.

Soldato
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ew-contract-as-Manchester-United-manager.aspx

New contract for Jose. With this and Sanchez I’m hoping things will further improve and a good summer transfer window should set us up well for the future.

But time will tell...
How would you classify a "good summer window" if it opened tomorrow?

Two JM quotes (not exact admittedly) have me concerned about the summer window
1 "if we buy one player in Jan, that means only 2 will come in the summer"
2 "Utd's summer window will be quick"

Now there are multiple ways both of the above can be read, and I may be leaning heavily on the pessimistic side - but I will be amazed if we even get 3 outfield players (that imo will only change IF RM /PSG do buy De Gea and we have cash left over from that after buying a replacement No1, which shouldn't be Romero)
Also the last "quick" window I remember was 2007 when Fergie announced Hargreaves, Anderson ......and Nani? cant honestly remember who the 3rd player was that summer and imo that just couldn't happen these days.

(really hoping of course DDG doesn't leave but sooner or later its surely inevitable especially after the fiasco of 2/3 years ago)

Man of Honour
OP
Eh? Do you want me to list players I want us to buy or something? I think half of the squad need replacing with better players so it's not straightforward at all.

Soldato
Eh? Do you want me to list players I want us to buy or something? I think half of the squad need replacing with better players so it's not straightforward at all.
No - more about how many 1st XI players need replacing or at least a good back up

Or putting it another way - just buying 2- 3 top quality players in the summer (as City and Chelsea etc are likely to do ) is highly unlikely to make a significant difference to where Utd end up next season .......unless we get a miraculous season with no major injuries (cant remember when that last happened even after investing huge amounts in the medical department at Carrington).

Admittedly losing Bailly and Pogba for a combined 6 months or so hasn't helped this season but it seems to happen so regularly (with important players in the last few seasons especially), it happens most seasons now

Man of Honour
OP
Mata signs new deal 12 month extension

When we signed him (and before), I thought he was one of the best attackers in the league, but he's nothing like that now.

Yes he scores the odd goal and free kick here or there, but he's just not good enough at the top level, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom