The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
one of those deals so Utd can gain a transfer fee in the summer - rather than actually wanting to keep him for another 12 months (I know he was in his last contracted 6 months before re-signing)?

He has just never been that great for us - admittedly not helped by getting most of his game time on the right, but sometimes he just completely disappears

Caporegime
Looks like our January window was a failure.

Brought in sanchez who in 2 games offered virtually nothing we don't have already. But on 3x the wage and unsettling our squad.

By this time next year he will be as leggy as Matic is right now in a league that's all about pace.

Defending we look.terrible still. People like Jones and lindloefoff are not good enough and should have been sold/replaced.

Playing style wise we take a kick-off pass it back to De Gea who punts it up to the half way line for a 50/50. It's actually childish and low rated football. Hoping for am.opponent mistake rather than forcing one.

Oh yeah Lukaku too...:(

Soldato

Brought in sanchez who in 2 games offered virtually nothing we don't have already. But on 3x the wage and unsettling our squad.

By this time next year he will be as leggy as Matic is right now in a league that's all about pace.

Defending we look.terrible still. People like Jones and lindloefoff are not good enough and should have been sold/replaced.

Playing style wise we take a kick-off pass it back to De Gea who punts it up to the half way line for a 50/50. It's actually childish and low rated football. Hoping for am.opponent mistake rather than forcing one.

Think that’s a little unfair on Sánchez, he provided two assists in his first game and he’s been in Manchester for less than two weeks. The best of him will come after the summer, January transfers are never the best time for a team to gel.

Completely agree on defence for the most part. Jones is a nightmare and Lindelof has no confidence and you feel he’s on the verge of making a mistake. Rojo feels like he’s a moment away from giving a penalty at all times.

Lukaku has just not lived up to expectations at all. He fluffs his first touch so much now it’s painful. And he should never, ever be allowed in our box for opposition corners. It’s like the opposition get a 12th man!
I think only Griezman would have worked out of the original selection in the summer, morata and Lacazette have struggled and I can’t see Auba being much different.
Where are the decent and available strikers?!

I’m actually not overly fond of Rashford either, he appears to be a modern day Valencia. Runs at the opposition, loses the ball and is quite selfish on it too. He’s only young so hopefully that will fade.

Caporegime
Think that’s a little unfair on Sánchez, he provided two assists in his first game and he’s been in Manchester for less than two weeks. The best of him will come after the summer, January transfers are never the best time for a team to gel.

Completely agree on defence for the most part. Jones is a nightmare and Lindelof has no confidence and you feel he’s on the verge of making a mistake. Rojo feels like he’s a moment away from giving a penalty at all times.

Lukaku has just not lived up to expectations at all. He fluffs his first touch so much now it’s painful. And he should never, ever be allowed in our box for opposition corners. It’s like the opposition get a 12th man!
I think only Griezman would have worked out of the original selection in the summer, morata and Lacazette have struggled and I can’t see Auba being much different.
Where are the decent and available strikers?!

I’m actually not overly fond of Rashford either, he appears to be a modern day Valencia. Runs at the opposition, loses the ball and is quite selfish on it too. He’s only young so hopefully that will fade.

Against yoevil though yeah? I’d expect any of our senior team to do similar. Didn’t even lukaku score against the,?

By this time next year his legs will be worn out. And so while we might get the best we are going to ge out of him. It’s not like he’s going to be great for any length of time sadly. If we’d have bought him 7 years ago sure...

Defensively we are just awful and rely on de gea..

Soldato
Yes, Lukaku got the final goal of the game in extra time. It was vital.

Sanchez set up the first two, which even though it’s Yeovil, I think is important. We’re hardly a consistent team and Yeovil at least for the first half were playing well.

Soldato

Yawn

Man of Honour
OP
Crazy to write Sanchez off like that after 2 games. Yes we may not get many years out of him but he's got a couple of seasons at the very least. He's not some random pace merchant.

Caporegime
Crazy to write Sanchez off like that after 2 games. Yes we may not get many years out of him but he's got a couple of seasons at the very least. He's not some random pace merchant.

He's chip, chase and bully defenders with his pace and tenacity. He can shoot and finish well. But remove his pace and what is actually left?

My point is, look at our defence and Midfield this is where we needed to strengthen but instead we chose not to, then in the very next game we play Jones who has an absolute howler. It's no surprise is it?

If lindleoff was any goose would be playing but he looks like a Scottish league level player.

Man of Honour
OP
Sanchez is not just that, his passing, movement and finishing (including long shots) are all very good too.

And can you start proof reading your posts Nick, for goodness sake :p

Caporegime
Sanchez ordered to pay £900k plus £525k in fines for failing to pay his taxes while playing for Barca. Also given a suspended sentence for tax fraud.

Oh dear what is it with players not paying their taxes when playing in Spain??

I suppose the huge wages he’s on at Utd will help pay that fine;):p

Soldato
These cases are so frequent now its more a case if you were playing in Spain 5 years ago and you aren't now accused of tax fraud you were doing something wrong originally :)

Soldato
I'm not sure that pace is even the first thing I'd associate with Sanchez. He hasn't been listed in Opta's top twenty fastest players in the PL for at least the past three seasons, possibly ever. As far as I'm concerned his best attributes are his quick feet, low centre of gravity, his eye for a through-ball, and his finishing.

Given how exposed Matic is in CM if Pogba goes wandering like he did against Tottenham, our priority this summer should probably be another CM. That way we can have Matic and one other midfielder protecting the back four in a more deep lying role and give Pogba the freedom to go forwards and support the front three. Jose claimed today that Pogba is a box-to-box midfielder but I'm not sure he's showing enough quality defensively to support that assertion. Plus at times this year he's looked devastating when he's played in a more advanced role. Right back needs to be looked at as well, seeing as Valencia is still solid but getting on a bit, and possibly another striker to give Lukaku some serious competition, particularly if Jose doesn't see Rashford playing as an orthodox striker.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We will have given him a new deal because we see him as our long term LB. Before his injury he was in fantastic form and he is still our best LB by quite a way and he is still young.

Soldato
That’d all make sense if your manager chose to play him regularly, but he doesn’t. He prefers non-left backs.

He has recently though? In addition, all comments out of Carrington say he's now applying himself properly and pushing himself in training. Whether that's to sell him or not...and most journo's (even Castles) are now saying we're viewing him as long term LB with a view to getting someone younger in as cover.

Back
Top Bottom