The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ole: “I still want to build squad around Pogba”... groan. I really hope he’s just saying that for the cameras.

If United were competing for the CL and the PL I don't think Pogba would be trying to leave. Any top player is not going to want to sit at a club where they have 0 change of meaningful silverware whilst playing with a bunch of muppets around them. I don't blame him for looking elsewhere with the current state of the United team and general management and progression of the club. He could spend the next 5 years here and have nothing to show for it.

Associate
A top player does not want to jump ship for silverware, look at the top stars past & present, not just at United but at numerous Clubs.
A top player does not act & perform the way he has this season, I go to nearly every game and for the most he has been lazy, petulant & sulky.
He has had the odd good game, but for the most he has disappeared, trotting around like a peacock doing nothing much at all.

I hope he goes, if I was Ole I would have outed him already with the way he was performing & behaving.
Fergie called him right all those years ago, he is simply a negative pretending to be a superstar (that he clearly is not).
Lots of fans gave him verbal after the Cardiff game = he deserved it tbh.

Associate
Look at some of the stars past & present = they didnt jump ship.
Has De Gea jumped? (he is a top player & proven).
Look at some of the top players at other clubs, Spurs, Arsenal etc.....not won much for a while and have some top players.

Granted, some will but they are mostly mercenaries that are in it for themselves and the money.....that is where Pogba sits imho
Is he a top player, not in my eyes as he does not behave like one.

Justifying Pogba's behaviour because we are not winning trophies is just ridiculous.

icG

icG

Associate
I'm was torn with Pogba but I think it's best if we sell him; on one hand he has the talent and physique but his attitude is more than lacking. Also the fact that him and Raiola had to go public about his desire to leave was so unprofessional. I just hope Real Madrid will pay 150 mil for him.

Caporegime
Look at some of the stars past & present = they didnt jump ship.
Has De Gea jumped? (he is a top player & proven).
Look at some of the top players at other clubs, Spurs, Arsenal etc.....not won much for a while and have some top players.

You realise De Gea would be at Madrid if it wasn't for a faulty fax machine right?

Which top Arsenal players? Sanchez? Van Persie? Oh right, they both jumped ship. Spurs? You mean like Eriksen has come out and said he wants a new challenge?

icG

icG

Associate
he would be, indeed, but he didn't make a fuss out of it, didn't push for an exit and didn't publicly stated that he is looking for a new challenge. Look at Chelsea for example, everybody knew that Hazard wants to go to Real but compare him attitude to Curtois', for me it makes a huge difference.

Soldato
Any word on Dean Henderson coming back to the Blades on loan? Word is all parties want it to happen but your demands are excessive now we're back in the PL. Rumours say you want us to pay 100% of his wage plus 2m for the season. Chris Wilder was interviewed the other night and did say something along the line of he wants it to happen but we may have to look elsewhere. Personally, I hope we give you the middle finger and go for someone permanently but he was good for us in the Championship and I'm sure Ole would like to see how he copes in the PL.

Man of Honour
Excellent news - they obviously got the cheque book out to keep him from wanting to go to Real Madrid. I just hope his form starts to improve.

Don
It's very Man Utd to refuse to pay De Gea what he wants 12-18 months ago, when he'd been their best player by a mile for 3-4 years, and then on the back of 15 months poor form they finally decide to pay up*.

*This is on the assumption that the figures in Castles story are accurate.

Soldato
If the leak figures are true utter stupidity from Utd to give De Gea that much cash now, his form has nose dived.

Don't get me wrong, he has been an amazing keeper in the league and saved Utd points and trophies himself.

However that was then, he hasn't been at his own high standards for sometime.

Back
Top Bottom