The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
You mention a clear team forming and then later go on to mention Pogba, Martial and Shaw as key players. One is actively trying to leave the club and the other two have hugely patchy fitness records, that's before you look at their inconsistent form. I'm not sure how wise it would be to build a team on that basis.

I would like to get rid of Pogba as well but at the moment he is a key player for us in midfield. Shaw when fit has potential to be England's number 1 left back but has been plagued after that terrible leg break in the champions league and Martial if he can get his game going can be up there as well.

I don't really know why I am debating with you anyway as anything from a United fan just comes back with negativity.

Don
I would like to get rid of Pogba as well but at the moment he is a key player for us in midfield. Shaw when fit has potential to be England's number 1 left back but has been plagued after that terrible leg break in the champions league and Martial if he can get his game going can be up there as well.

I don't really know why I am debating with you anyway as anything from a United fan just comes back with negativity.
This is an open forum for supporters of all clubs and one of the biggest reasons why club specific threads were banned years ago was for people taking the attitude you have just taken and is something that is addressed in the rules in the opening post. Rather than ban these threads again we will just prevent certain users from being able to post in them.

Rather than get upset because somebody pointed out the flaws in your argument, post something constructive or not at all.

Man of Honour
OP
I actually agree with Baz (and others), Klopp had a good track record, and implemented a style of play gradually which has turned out to be fantastic in terms of performances and player recruitment. This was obvious from the very start, you could always see what the plan was.

Solskjaer has none of these things. His entire philosophy seems to be playing fast young players on the counter attack the 'good old Fergie way'. You need so much more than that.

Sure, he did well for a few months, but beyond that he just seems like a Glazer 'yes man' to me and that's just not a good look. :(

Caporegime
More rumours of a Saudi takeover!

people would want that? would be tragically bad

Not really, people slam him when he's being positive and also slam him when he's being realistic?

Lol yes really, Norwich are in the relegation zone, littered with injuries, spend etc.

Fortunately seems you dispatched them quite easily, but it’s an absurd comment

does he still not park in the manager parking spot?

Man of Honour
They would probably have us competing again within a few years.
I don't think anyone can have us competing again for at least 3-4 years. The squad needs to mature we need a few transfer windows and time to gel afterwards. I remember when Klopp took over at Liverpool and in one of the first press conferences they asked him about title chances and he was calm and just said 'time, we need time'. That's what Utd need now. And some good signings.

Don
I doubt it. I think plenty would take the Saudis over the glazers despite how scummy the Saudis are. They would probably have us competing again within a few years.

I'm sure they would have you competitive but surely Saudi money as not acceptable (Qatar is dubious enough but this is worse)

Caporegime
Would we need Saudi money? Take away the debt and surely we’d have enough generated by the club?

Utd would be an unstoppable powerhouse with Saudi money. That's what people are worried about. I wouldn't want it either but then again being rented by some Americans living off the interest is not good either.

Saudi money would give us the pick of everything.

Don
This Saudi rumour has been going on for years but nothing has ever come from it. For arguements sake we assume there is something in this, unless Utd were planning to go down the same road as City re FFP, which of course their supporter would be dead set against as they hold strong views on this sort of cheating, then there would be no 'Saudi money' anyway. The only financial benefit would be no more debt but that's only costing the club around £20m per year - about the same as Utd will lose from their Adidas deal if they don't make the CL this season.

Back
Top Bottom