The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
That isn't what Rangnick said, he said "the same is true with Jesse if we could give him a couple of days off to clear his mind. He will be back in training on Monday and part of the whole squad." Jesse then said "The club advised me to have time off due to personal reasons!" which doesn't mean either are lying :confused:
Yeah it’s all just blown out of proportion nonsense. Media looking for something of nothing.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I just wanna ask here, what is classed as a "winning mentality"? To just win a lot of trophies or is it something else?

Its when you are so obsessed with winning that you cannot imagine doing anything but giving your all in every game. Its when you are 3-0 down at half time but you still think you will get something from the game.

Its when everyone in the team works for each other and every player knows that if they don't do what is asked of them they will be pulled up for it.

Soldato
Its when you are so obsessed with winning that you cannot imagine doing anything but giving your all in every game. Its when you are 3-0 down at half time but you still think you will get something from the game.

Its when everyone in the team works for each other and every player knows that if they don't do what is asked of them they will be pulled up for it.

A very good answer. Its presumably also a mindset that you've never done enough, there's always something more to do/give/try, and there's never a place for "that'll do", "not my problem", "I've done enough today"

Soldato
Garner had another decent game today. He takes a good corner and seems to have a good positional sense, didn't mind a tackle and reasonable passing range. It's prefer him to Fred but I worry he's still physically yet to mature.

Dan James has basically called out the pathetic coaching he had at our club. Contrast with what Bielsa is fending of him send to be stark. I think we suspected as much but nonetheless concerning for a club of our resource and supposed ambition.

Finally Martial apparently had a characteristically weak debut for Sevilla and was hooked early. He won't get away with his languid attitude under lopetigui it seems.

After the latest Jlingz Vs the club nonsense it's been another awful week supporting this club. So much wrong and seeming paralysis preventing a fix. Possibly my lowest ebb with this club in 35 years. Of we concede a goal against impotent Burnley then that will cap it all.

Man of Honour
OP
Ragnick's appointed Rafa Honigstein as his media advisor? Weird

I wouldn’t say so? Rafa knows his stuff and there have been a lot of media-related issues of late. Players speaking out of turn, the Greenwood situation, etc.

Might be a good idea to try and get a handle on it. The social media/PR people at the club only care about likes and retweets, they have no tact.

Man of Honour
OP
More reports recently (from reliable sources) that it's between Pochettino and Ten Hag for the job. The players are keen on Poch (not that they should have a say).

I don't honestly think Ten Hag is realistic, our club structure is a mess and very different from Ajax. I think it would be a struggle, as much as I'd be keen to see Ten Hag here.

So I'm fairly sure it'll be Pochettino whenever PSG get rid of him. Obviously there are question marks, but I do like him and hope that with sufficient backing he'll succeed. There aren't many managers out there who guarantee anything.

Don
When Rangnick was appointed and was to be given this 2 year consultancy job upstairs from this summer I said it would prove to be a disaster unless there's a clear change in approach from Utd as a club. If Utd now go on to appoint Poch it will prove that there's been no change in approach and they're again just making short term decision after short term decision and Rangnick will quietly disappear within a few months of his arrival.

Poch isn't working under Rangnick or in any sort of set-up where he isn't the main man in terms of setting the style of play and building the squad, and that is the only reason why you have Rangnick involved at the club.

Man of Honour
OP
When Rangnick was appointed and was to be given this 2 year consultancy job upstairs from this summer I said it would prove to be a disaster unless there's a clear change in approach from Utd as a club. If Utd now go on to appoint Poch it will prove that there's been no change in approach and they're again just making short term decision after short term decision and Rangnick will quietly disappear within a few months of his arrival.

Poch isn't working under Rangnick or in any sort of set-up where he isn't the main man in terms of setting the style of play and building the squad, and that is the only reason why you have Rangnick involved at the club.

Rangnick apparently wants Ten Hag to replace him. Ten Hag with Rangnick as a DoF would be a brilliant starting point.

Knowing the club, however, I just can't see it...

Soldato
Rangnick apparently wants Ten Hag to replace him. Ten Hag with Rangnick as a DoF would be a brilliant starting point.

Rangnick has a great relationship with Ten Hag.

Telegraph stories of players wanting Poch, why on earth would the club consult the players?? :confused::confused::confused:

Don

I don't want to say I told you so (that's a lie, I do) but I told you so when we had this very discussion following Rangnick's appointment.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't want to say I told you so (that's a lie, I do) but I told you so when we had this very discussion following Rangnick's appointment.

Rangnick is a good appointment if he moves upstairs and is given control. Woodward has gone, which is good, and I'm hoping Richard Arnold will delegate football matters to the experts.

We really ought to be starting from scratch in many ways, bring in Ten Hag and his team, Rangnick can organise the upper echelons of the club, and off we go... feels a bit like wishful thinking at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom