The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
up??

Manchester United fall in new top 20 global rich list

What did they pay for United and what is it worth now? It’s irrelevant whether we should be 50% more valuable. If I could buy a business, stick all the debt from the buyout on the business, run it awfully and watch its vale go up over the next 15 years I would be pretty pleased.

Associate
Yesterdays result is a stark reminder of the mindset and playing level of most of the current players.
No fight, no determination.....and didn't really look arsed that we were destroyed.
ETG needs a total clear-out, this will take several seasons to sort out.

Caporegime
To be fair Rangnik said we looked good when we went to 5 at the back.

So... you know, 5 at the back vs Brighton is necessary to avoid getting bounced going forward.

It's his job to fire up the players. To pick players who seem motivated and able.

But sure throw on cavani for a farewell (last game and this one?) Instead of up and coming players or dare I say even Jesse.

Why not play Henderson? Why not play rashford ? It's just mind boggling.

Associate
I actually like Ragnick tbh, I can't place any blame on him for the squad he inherited and the obvious very poor mentality and work ethic.
The players place so much importance on themselves that they simply do not seem to listen to him or anybody else.
We need ETH in place asap, I just hope he does not put up with this rinse-repeat ***** and slam the door on a few quickly.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair Rangnik said we looked good when we went to 5 at the back.

So... you know, 5 at the back vs Brighton is necessary to avoid getting bounced going forward.

It's his job to fire up the players. To pick players who seem motivated and able.

But sure throw on cavani for a farewell (last game and this one?) Instead of up and coming players or dare I say even Jesse.

Why not play Henderson? Why not play rashford ? It's just mind boggling.
Rashford has been poor have you actually watched him lately as for Henderson why drop degea he's saved us loads this season and Jesse a player who puts pictures up of him wearing a west ham kit and doesn't try when he is picked or says he isn't available yeh we need players like that and as for up and coming players do you really think it's fair to put them on the pitch with this shower of rubbish back stabbing ego tistical trash who don't give a damn about the club as we've seen all season so as for mind boggling not really it's obvious nick

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rashford has been poor have you actually watched him lately as for Henderson why drop degea he's saved us loads this season and Jesse a player who puts pictures up of him wearing a west ham kit and doesn't try when he is picked or says he isn't available yeh we need players like that and as for up and coming players do you really think it's fair to put them on the pitch with this shower of rubbish back stabbing ego tistical trash who don't give a damn about the club as we've seen all season so as for mind boggling not really it's obvious nick
I think that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever read.

Soldato
Rangnick seems to have lost the dressing room more or less instantly when he came in. Can't let him off the hook.

I'm also not sure we were giving leaving parades for the likes of Mata, Cavani, Matic, what's to gain there? Should have just chucked the academy lads on with something to prove and put a bit of a rocket up people.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Man management is an important part of the game and he doesn't seem to have it at all. Perhaps people underrated Solskjaer in that respect

I don't think he is a great man manager but I think that he probably found such a mess that he wasn't sure what to do. If he was supposed to be assessing the squad then he needed to assess the squad to see how far away from the ideal it was. Perhaps doing that and motivating the players was quite a hard job.

Solskjaer was not a good man manager either. Letting the team turn into the mess it has is not good man management. Thats like saying parents that let their kids do whatever they want and run the house is good parenting. It isn't. It might make the kids happy for a while but sooner or later their lack of direction and discipline will cause huge problems...

Ole is a large part of the reason the squad is so unfit, disjointed and unwilling to put in a shift.

RR is not a top manager but I will quite happily take a manager like RR for 6 months who has laid bare the utter shambles that is the current squad over someone who papers over the cracks again and tries to suggest things aren't so bad.

Someone like Conte would have come in, almost certainly got us top 4, spent a few hundred million and we would have been in the same place in 2-3 years time. I will make a statue for RR if the next few years go well for us.

Man of Honour
OP
Absolutely agree fez.

RR has exposed the club for what it is - a shambles. Maybe some of it was his fault, but look at the last 10 years, is that his fault too? It's been the same thing over and over again.

Man of Honour
OP
We all knew the structure wasn't right, everyone knew that so he has exposed nothing in that regard.

Reinforced it then.

Clearly the basics of running a football club have managed to evade the various presumably intelligent people in senior positions up to this point. Perhaps it wasn't quite as obvious to them as you'd think.

Caporegime
Well they appointed a DoF last season so it's clear they realised that the structure needed to change. Most of the changes since then have been his so I'm not sure what Rangnick has really done in that regard. By his own admission he's been fully focussed on the team and not the structure.

Soldato
woeful again...

Players should be embarrassed and pay for the supporters who turned up to watch that.... To even begin to call themselves professionals is a joke. Been on holiday for last 4-6 weeks most of them.

Huge huge clear out needed - Ten Hag needs to be given 12/18/24 months no matter what the results - needs time to sort out the mess.....

Massive massive rebuild from top to bottom needed.... Rotten to the core at the moment....

Soldato
I think ETH will get the time he needs, OLE got a lot of time.

I think RR has resonated through the club with his interviews and his raw assessment of just how bad the situation is.

I was wondering though, with no CL football, revenue and only a 6th place finish, how does that affect FFP for squad investment? Is it based on the last 3 years revenue or something as I recall something that was mentioned with regards for what Ashley had done for Newcastle to enable them to have a decent spend.

For example of there was to be no top 4 finish 2 years in a row and no trophies, would it be a struggle to spend, or is that never a problem given the huge global revenue United has?

fez

fez

Caporegime

I think RR has resonated through the club with his interviews and his raw assessment of just how bad the situation is.

I was wondering though, with no CL football, revenue and only a 6th place finish, how does that affect FFP for squad investment? Is it based on the last 3 years revenue or something as I recall something that was mentioned with regards for what Ashley had done for Newcastle to enable them to have a decent spend.

For example of there was to be no top 4 finish 2 years in a row and no trophies, would it be a struggle to spend, or is that never a problem given the huge global revenue United has?

My fear with ETH is that our fanbase is comprised of a hell of a lot of idiots who can't seem to appreciate good football that is erratic over **** football that gets decent results. A huge number of them didn't have any concerns about Ole when they were watching us scab past teams week in week out with no improvement to our general play. As long as the result was there they were happy.

I hope I am wrong. Klopp didn't have an amazing PPG as far as I know for his first 2.5 seasons but unsurprisingly for anyone watching, he was building something and prioritised the ultimate outcome over short term gratification. I just hope the club back him and the fans understand that we need to basically start again with how we play and who stays in the team.

Honestly I would support him even if he wants to get rid of Bruno and Sancho. Not that I think he will.

As Far as I know United have never been in any real danger with FFP and thats quite amazing considering how poorly we spend a lot of money. Most other clubs at least get some money coming in from player sales but we usually get a pittance due to ridiculous wages we give crap players.

Caporegime

This is a load of tosh. How can Ralf assess how bad the situation is we finished 2nd last season, Got to a Europa League final, had decent cup runs and got the away unbeaten record in the premier league. 19/20 season. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood got 60+ goals between them. More than the fabled Liverpool front three at the time.

I honestly believe that if Ole had stayed he would have turned it around. Not the level that United need to be at but I am sure we would have gotten top 4. Now we risk not even getting into Europa.

Ole was given time because he showed as positive progression as soon as it went south he got the sack. This would have happened earlier if the results didn't go his way.

The Europa League loss was a massive turning point imo. The players just regressed big time after that.

The greatness of Ralf is that because he was bad it has shaken up the whole club whereas with Ole we would have maybe won a cup or two but were never going to challenge Klopp or Guardiola. ETH really is the last throw of the dice as who else can we bring in? Ancelotti?

Back
Top Bottom