The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
I'm not saying we don't have a mountain to climb but it wasn't like they took us to pieces.
Sorry but having watched the match. Yes. Yes they did.

Certainly an element of them taking their chances, and us not taking ours.....but we got totally outplayed. Brentford were better in every single department, not least they all worked harder.

Morale won't improve until Maguire is stripped of the captaincy....a lot of these players have by now spent years putting up with the clown show at the back and captain slabhead flailing his arms around whinging when he's just been done for pace/positioning/skill and conceded...again.

Man of Honour
skysports-brentford-man-utd-5863953.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
I watched the match and it was incredibly poor, much like our games last season. Lack of effort, lack of quality, lack of everything.

When walking out, the players looked defeated before the game even started, which isn't good, and something we saw last season too.

That being said, you can't really legislate for De Gea having a mare, although it's not the most rare occurrence...

Soldato
Sorry but having watched the match. Yes. Yes they did.

Certainly an element of them taking their chances, and us not taking ours.....but we got totally outplayed. Brentford were better in every single department, not least they all worked harder.

Morale won't improve until Maguire is stripped of the captaincy....a lot of these players have by now spent years putting up with the clown show at the back and captain slabhead flailing his arms around whinging when he's just been done for pace/positioning/skill and conceded...again.
I'm inclined to agree with mid_gen. It was a schallacking in every sense - at least in the first half and then they held us off with relative ease. We created 2/3 half chances but that was all and generally just huffed and puffed like we normally do. I tend to agree about Maguire - he just doesn't have the force of personality to influence the team positively especially when the chips are down. To suggest Brentford were flattered I feel is disrespectful to the tactical and execution superiority. They identified key weaknesses and scored 3/4 goals exploiting that. Only The first one was a bit fortunate but I wouldn't be surprised if Frank told them to shoot on sight because it was sunny and DeGea didn't have a cap on!

Associate
What is Rashfords issue ?

I seem to remember he was a decent young player a couple of seasons ago - now cant even be arsed to run back now.

All the social justice stuff filled his head up and he cant concentrate on the job he is actually paid a lot to do ?

Thing is without the platform of being a huge football star hes going to find it increasingly hard to get his voice heard on all the other stuff anyway.

Surely if these players are as self-centered as people seem to think then they should be playing hard for themselves, never mind the club - or they can kiss goodbye to big money moves and huge wages.

Rashford isnt the only one - Sancho has joined the club on a high rep and immediately looks very average. After one good season Fernandes now also looks like a shadow of his former self.

I know its the current catch-all excuse - but you cant blame the Glazers or the management for seemingly good players not even trying or turning to ***** as soon as they sign..

Caporegime
It was closer than the scoreline suggests, xG was 2 to 1 I believe. Unfortunately we made several individual errors that led to goals.

Lol no.

At 4-0 Brentford just sat back in the second half.

We didnt even score, so to say it was closer is ridiculous.

Look at our GD this season. It's pathetic. Worst in the league yet we have the most expensive defence barring maybe 1or 2 teams...

Just bad.

Woeful recruitment and decisions by 4 managers in a row. Ask yourself apart from maybe Fernandes who could we sell for a profit or just break even right now?

Soldato
It's certainly the interest/debt repayments that's the scary part there. The fact they have no interest in reclaiming any capital loans due to the interest rates is crazy.

Not really sure about including the Share Sales though. Presumably that just dilutes their holdings. Similarly if i sold my Vodafone shares, no-one is going to claim i'm withholding money from Vodafone. Unless there's some other arrangement in place?

Caporegime
So in nearly 20 years, the debt has grown, we've thrown away over £1bn on largely ineffective signings and the Glazers are grinning like Cheshire cats? Lovely.

Don
Is it true that before they took over the club was cash rich with circa 350m in the bank? If so that figure could be close to 2b as that's not gone?
No, the club had £300m odd in the bank just a few years ago and Utd spending cash (primarily on players) is not a cost of the Glazers ownership.

The amount of Utd's money that's been spent on the Glazers ownership is £1.1bn. That figure reduces by circa £150m when you factor in tax savings as a result of the interest payments.

Back
Top Bottom