US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
Anyone remember what happened with Cable? So many packages.... So much fragmentation...
Hate this comparison. With cable you were forced to buy the $100/month package for 12 months if you wanted to watch that one channel you were interested in, with streaming you can pick and choose what you want to watch for <£10 a month, and when that one show you subbed for finishes (or is simply released considering a lot of shows release all episodes at the same time) you can cancel. No need to be subscribed to Disney+ for 12 months if you're only interested in The Mandalorian. No one can consume 10+ streaming services content at the same time so pick and choose.

Caporegime
Have to say this looks really good. Very high production standards and CGI looks good too. I have hope. If they can keep this up through the other series then I may even end up stumping up for this myself. I only have Netflix as I get it with my Sky for £6pm.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Oh dear i like the actor now he has gone and ruined his career it yet another star-wars film that has no idea what to do with the star-wars world.

Its time it was put to bed like Dr Who and rebooted from scratch in another 50 years or so :)

Caporegime
Yeah, what a waste. Why not just go on netflix, amazon, sky etc. Why do we need so many platforms.
Because Disney want all the money for themselves, not a share with anyone else. The other major streaming services saw this coming hence their major push for original content. Yes it sucks but it was always going to happen eventually.

Soldato
Yeah, what a waste. Why not just go on netflix, amazon, sky etc. Why do we need so many platforms.
Why would Disney of all companies put their content on another platform when they could make much, much more with their own service? Disney undoubtedly have the most valuable back catalogue out there and it would be a complete waste in financial terms to throw it all on Netflix or Amazon. You're also forgetting that this is the Disney that wanted more than 5% of box office revenue to Spider-Man despite getting 100% of merch revenue and investing very little in marketing and production.

Having everything on one platform for £10 a month was never going to last. I personally think that everyone having their own service for under a tenner a month is pretty reasonable compared to the likes of Sky, because again you don't have to be subscribed to everything 12 months of the year.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Seperate topic but people will just watch the shows by other means.... make of that what you will. But the greed if the industry is its own downfall tbh. Its still going to be crap film :)

Caporegime
I wont lie, that is a nice trailer and it already looks more interesting than episode 9.
If they get the Star wars sounds and looks right, i will want to watch anything.
I wouldn't care if it was a Mandalorian women, they are just as bad ass, as long as they didnt SJW her.
They have a lot of disney material for this from rebels and the clone wars. Theres no need to mess this up.
Im predicting it to be good.

Caporegime
I wont lie, that is a nice trailer and it already looks more interesting than episode 9.
If they get the Star wars sounds and looks right, i will want to watch anything.
I wouldn't care if it was a Mandalorian women, they are just as bad ass, as long as they didnt SJW her.
They have a lot of disney material for this from rebels and the clone wars. Theres no need to mess this up.
Im predicting it to be good.
They need it to be good in a sense because it’s the first Star Wars series ever AFAIK and is going to be a real litmus test on how Disney+ will be seen by the public. If it’s bad then some may cancel and it may take several months for people to sign back up again.

Back
Top Bottom