The Medium - Dual-Reality horror game

Associate
I've played about 3 hours now and I'm enjoying it , you don't really have much freedom and you tend to have to backtrack a lot to open new doors and stuff and its not really that scary but apart from that its a different game. its a mix of Resident Evil with no shooting and silent hill I guess... its worth a play tho , its not mind blowing game but different.

Man of Honour
Game after game after game, I find myself wondering if RT is really worth the performance hit. Feels like this generation of cards just isnt up to it. Maybe the next generation when they come along will be.

Soldato
Game after game after game, I find myself wondering if RT is really worth the performance hit. Feels like this generation of cards just isnt up to it. Maybe the next generation when they come along will be.
Its really not but that does not stop Nvidia trying to push it :rolleyes: as its quite literally the only thing they can highlight when someone looks at the obscene price tag's for modern RTX cards!

DLSS though is a pretty good technology as it makes 1080 games look 4K but none of the performance issues ;) still would not advise anyone to pay more than £400-500 for a GPU that's more than enough otherwise just buy a PS5 or Xbox Series X :p

This game look ok with HDR + DLSS @ 1920x1080 with or without RTX its playable but you can see the rough edges its a budget game as not enough time or resource was put into some areas its very much a modern Silent Hill2-3 clone with very limited combat more of a story driven horror mystery with little replay value so very much a one & done :(

Caporegime
Bear in mind I'm playing this on Series X, but other than the mirror, there isn't any area where I've thought, oh that must be RT because I've never seen it before.

Man of Honour
Finished. What a brilliant game. Intriguing story, unique game presentation, visually stunning at times, powerful immersive audio, moving story. Pretty basic gameplay, but then that’s not really the point of this one.

Caporegime
Been playing this on Xbox but thought I’d try it on PC as well but I have a load of black squares all over the place. Even the new drivers didn’t fix it. Wonder if it’sa resolution scaling issue (4K with 50% scaling. )

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Finished. What a brilliant game. Intriguing story, unique game presentation, visually stunning at times, powerful immersive audio, moving story. Pretty basic gameplay, but then that’s not really the point of this one.

Just started. Did you prefer it RT on or off?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I played it on XSX, so only parts of the game had it on. I’m a terrible person to ask, I honestly can’t tell whether it’s on or off unless I stop and look real close - even then I can’t always tell.

haha yes I'm the same, been playing it RT off as I couldn't really tell the difference, but I'm still early on in the game so it *might* make things look much better at some point.

Man of Honour
haha yes I'm the same, been playing it RT off as I couldn't really tell the difference, but I'm still early on in the game so it *might* make things look much better at some point.

Glad I’m not alone. The only time I can tell is when there are blatantly obvious reflective surfaces and there don’t seem to be many of those in the game.

The funny thing is that the game is at its most stunning in the final 5 minutes.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Glad I’m not alone. The only time I can tell is when there are blatantly obvious reflective surfaces and there don’t seem to be many of those in the game.

The funny thing is that the game is at its most stunning in the final 5 minutes.

I think I'm still very early on (in the woods bit, where you get the two worlds) but as I've only got a few days before I'm GPu-less I'm hoping to get through it quickly - it seems to be one of the few games I'd play through to completion within a few days.

Man of Honour
I think I'm still very early on (in the woods bit, where you get the two worlds) but as I've only got a few days before I'm GPu-less I'm hoping to get through it quickly - it seems to be one of the few games I'd play through to completion within a few days.

Its pretty short and the puzzles are pretty straightforward. I started when it released on Thursday and really haven’t had many long sittings playing it.

I used to be all about open worlds, but I’m starting to much prefer shorter, quality over quantity story driven affairs like this. Perhaps I’ve just played too many copy and paste Ubisoft open worlds.

Plague tale, Hellblade and now this have been some of my favourite recent games.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Its pretty short and the puzzles are pretty straightforward. I started when it released on Thursday and really haven’t had many long sittings playing it.

I used to be all about open worlds, but I’m starting to much prefer shorter, quality over quantity story driven affairs like this. Perhaps I’ve just played too many copy and paste Ubisoft open worlds.

Plague tale, Hellblade and now this have been some of my favourite recent games.

Same here, I think Plague Tale is on Gamepass so will give it a go, thanks.

Soldato
The game takes place in my hometown and they didn't bother with Polish audio? I usually avoid it like a plague but in this case it would enhance the setting greatly and make the game feel more alien (which is good for a horror, I suppose). It's like playing Metro without Russian voices, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom