The Medium - Xbox series X/S and PC exclusive

Associate
The Medium is a psychological horror video game developed by Bloober Team that was released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox Series X/S on January 28, 2021.

Thought we should make a thread for the game like the good old days, instead of just putting games into the Xbox thread.

This seems good so far, forest scenery is very nice to look at. Sounds are also impressive, especially with headphones.

The dual worlds seems good so far as well, not just a gimmick.

Don't forget to add spoiler tags.

Soldato
It's on my list though my aim is to finish man of medan first then I'm going to jump on this.

Really interested to see how it performs on the Series S compared to X

Associate
OP
It's on my list though my aim is to finish man of medan first then I'm going to jump on this.

Currently playing man of medan myself as well, enjoying that.

The vibrations on this game are to much for me, but I found it has an option in the settings to put vibrations onto low :)

Much better.

Man of Honour

Currently playing man of medan myself as well, enjoying that.

The vibrations on this game are to much for me, but I found it has an option in the settings to put vibrations onto low :)

Much better.

You two should play it together, it is ten times better in coop than single player. To such an extent that I think it should have been a coop only game like A Way Out.

Caporegime
The Mediium is one of the cleanest games I’ve ever seen. Even at 1080p on Series S it looks like it could be 4K. The textures are crystal clear. Although you can see them transitioning in different levels of detail now and again. And the frame rate is a bit ropey with hitches and stutters on occasion. For a launch title, I’m well impressed. I wouldn’t know what was ray traced and what wasn’t though. That’ll be for Digital Foundry to educate me.

Soldato
The Mediium is one of the cleanest games I’ve ever seen. Even at 1080p on Series S it looks like it could be 4K. The textures are crystal clear. Although you can see them transitioning in different levels of detail now and again. And the frame rate is a bit ropey with hitches and stutters on occasion. For a launch title, I’m well impressed. I wouldn’t know what was ray traced and what wasn’t though. That’ll be for Digital Foundry to educate me.

From watching the DF tech dive on the game it only has Ray Tracing on the Series X (presumably as it would be too much of a hit on the Series S).

Interestingly the Dynamic Resolution scaler drops to ~900p on the X and ~648p on the S in the most intensive scenarios but is mitigated in part by UE's Temporal Upsampling.

Also the stuttering seems to be an issue with poor frame pacing rather than an absolute performance issue.

Got it downloaded ready to have a go at the weekend on my X. Quite looking forward to it, although my wife may be snagging a go first. :)

Soldato
From watching the DF tech dive on the game it only has Ray Tracing on the Series X (presumably as it would be too much of a hit on the Series S).

Interestingly the Dynamic Resolution scaler drops to ~900p on the X and ~648p on the S in the most intensive scenarios but is mitigated in part by UE's Temporal Upsampling.

Also the stuttering seems to be an issue with poor frame pacing rather than an absolute performance issue.

Got it downloaded ready to have a go at the weekend on my X. Quite looking forward to it, although my wife may be snagging a go first. :)
Really impressed with the Series S performance, it really is a great box!

Back
Top Bottom