The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot !!...

Soldato
So I couldn't find a thread or info on the forums for this free to play sort of tower defense RPG type of game thingy.

It's currently in closed beta, but you can grab a starter pack for £7 (cheapest I've found )which gives you access to the full game in it's current state and a choice of two classes.

You start off with a basic empty castle which you can level up along with your chosen character. You go off raiding other players Castles, trying to overcome their defenses and break into their treasure room whilst a timer ticks down before locking their vaults.

It's sounds a basic game but there's actually quite a bit of depth in it and could possibly be a good community game. You get reports of everyone who has attempted your castle and can watch a replay to see how they did it.

It's a Ubisoft game so you will need an account, however it doesn't run via their Uplay client..nice.

----

OcUK Players ;-

Saurazgul
kr00t0n
Ceryn
Teaf
Silent_OcUK
Hurdy
Omaeka
Halfmad
Mp4
Sajanus
rotters
iviv
plumpmonkey
SneakyBear
Stev85
Luxotican
Afran / Ghoulic123
Sharpz
TheKnat
Delphi

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know they gave out CB invites to almost everyone who had registered on the main site and I have no idea when it's going to be open to the public.

I only started late last night, wasn't too sure what I was doing but it's quite addictive specially when you get reports of other players successfully raiding your castle and grabbing your loot !!! :mad: !!!

Associate
I know they gave out CB invites to almost everyone who had registered on the main site and I have no idea when it's going to be open to the public.

I only started late last night, wasn't too sure what I was doing but it's quite addictive specially when you get reports of other players successfully raiding your castle and grabbing your loot !!! :mad: !!!

I've signed up so will hopefully get in soon.

Soldato
OP
Managed to pimp my castle up a bit now and even players a few levels higher are not able to raid my treasure room before the timer counts down ! :D ! . You only lose a small amount of your currency if they succeed and then your castle gets a shield for a few hours blocking anyone from farming you. People can still raid your castle if your shielded but the only loot they get is dropped from the monsters they kill.

Regarding pay to win, like with most free to play games you can obtain items via their cash shop but your limited via the levels of your character and castle so you simply cannot buy the best stuff.

With the starter pack you get 1500 'blings' and so far I've used about 60 purely to speed up building/upgrading which usually costs between 3-10 a go. There are nice weapons and armour you can buy but the loot I've had drop are practically as good.

Soldato
Bought the cheapy starter pack today (works out at £8.61). It's a pretty fun game. You will basically be raided pretty quickly as the monsters limit you have and 3 rooms is just not going to stop anyone. Once you get that 4th room and a higher monster limit it's much easier to block them out. Even more so when you get that Snottingham. The shield limit for me is 12 hours, and I thoroughly expect to get raided every 12 hours :p Although if they can only take a portion of what you actually have at the time, why not just spend all your stuff prior to the shield being removed?

Also, as eekfek states you can't just outright buy all the buy stuff as you need levels to be able to use it, which means you have to level up not just your character but the stuff in your castle.

Enjoying it :)

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the game so far, however it occurs to me, that the best way to defend myself at low levels, is to not level until I am fully ready (and I dont just mean experience), by sitting back, and waiting on my mines to fill up somewhat before I do anything, I can choose the time when I actually have anything to loot, I then can spend most of it on setting up my castle, before going mostly inert again until I am ready to do more.

The worst thing to do, would be to level ahead, without a castle that can support it.

Anybody wanting to add me to their friend area, is welcome to do so, profile name Ceryn

Soldato
OP
Yep, letting your life and gold resources build up offline is quite a handy feature especially once you level the collection nodes up. Another thing to note is that even if you don't make it past the mobs in a castle before the timer runs down you still get plenty of loot and resources dropping. The loot that you pick up is also accessible by any of your other characters.

With regards to your own defenses and castle, you really do need to upgrade the traps and monsters and get at least one or two boss/elites that take time to kill, more time sappers than hero killers.

I'll add you later Ceryn when I'm back home, my ingame nick is Saurazgul feel free to add!

Back
Top Bottom