The muslims are at it again

Spie said:
Then you may go to heaven.

Don't forget 17 virgins, there wife's must be so happy about that. Islam really has been used so successfully to imprison and denounce women :(. Weather the writing tells you to do that, or if it's more of a culultral thing rather than Islam I have no idea.

ElRazur said:
Far from it. To make a point (with my head covered with a ninja suit off course) that violence and shouting allahuakbar is not the answer to everything.
Make sure to urinate on it after to ensure it doesn't set fire to anything else ;)
I can't see how it can be a crime. It seems less serious than waving placards claiming that the UK is going to be attacked by muslim fanatics, or asking for people to be beheaded etc.
If you do get nicked claim racial discrimination and sue for 500k.

May I suggest we don't turn this into a thread denoucing all aspects of Islam. We've been there all before and it causes arguments.

What I suggest instead is we talk about the picture in question, why anyone might wish to denounce Valentine's Day...

cleanbluesky said:
The same could be said for every protest - and any protest is valid I believe...

What 'response' would such a move get and whose fault would it be?
Don't get me wrong. I have my own opinions on how we as Britain are expected to be tollerant of others intollerance of us but that's not something I choose to debate on the internet.

But as we are all aware of the reaction burning a Quran would cause, I stand by my quote that to do so for the sake of doing it, or even as a low level protest would make you a tool.

It's not proportional.

qwerty said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6362037.stm

Look at picture number 8.

It's gone too far. They're just looking for any excuse to make a fuss and protest. And learn to spell. ****s.

:mad:
Thats in Pakistan though, so who cares being that it is an Islamic state anyway.

ElRazur said:
One thing though will i be swiftly arrested?
My guess would be yes, you would be arrested for incitement to racial hatred and the video would probably be deleted from you tube too.

Watched a episode of Michael Palin's Saraha. A explorer vistited Timbucktoo, on the way back the Islamic members of his party attempted to convert him from Christianity to Islam. He refused, so they chopped his head off.

Lovely. :rolleyes:

Redrum said:
My guess would be yes, you would be arrested for incitement to racial hatred and the video would probably be deleted from you tube too.
But it is NOT incitement to racial hatred, especially according to your link.
As muslims can and have burnt effigies, union flags etc in the UK a mass koran burning seems fine to me.

squiffy said:
Watched a episode of Michael Palin's Saraha. A explorer vistited Timbucktoo, on the way back the Islamic members of his party attempted to convert him from Christianity to Islam. He refused, so they chopped his head off.

Lovely. :rolleyes:

Linky please :) Not doubting you but I have never heard about that.

Chris [BEANS] said:
But as we are all aware of the reaction burning a Quran would cause, I stand by my quote that to do so for the sake of doing it, or even as a low level protest would make you a tool.

We should not tailor our behaviour for threat of violence, and we have the right to protest in any way we see fit. We are not Muslims and we do not have to abide by Islamic rules.

Whose fault would a response be? Was it Theo Van Gogh's fault for producing an anti-Islamist piece of work?

dark_shadow said:
OMG They've burnt a card! Although I think it's silly . . big deal?

I'm sure you'll all sleep tonight (I hope?)

Yeah, they're offending the head of hallmark, this is a big deal people. Naturally a topic worthy of a 15 page thread.

Back
Top Bottom