The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Just had news from my solicitor that our buyers environmental report has come back as failed on our property. The one we got in 2013 was a pass with no issues.. I guess something has been added to the register since?

Hoping it doesn't take weeks to rectify as council aren't always quick!
That's an odd but interesting situation! Let us know what happens..

Soldato
Had an offer of £107,500 accepted on a 3 bed end terrace up for £110,000. I wanted the house and was willing to go to asking price if necessary but happy to save a few quid!

Looking forward to documenting the process as both a first time buyer and conveyancer for you lot ;)

Soldato
Ours has been delayed a week (or more). Seemingly both our solicitors and our buyers solicitors are too busy watching cash in the attic to get a move on and get things ready to exchange this week.

Soldato
It's now real :)

16.06.2017 - Agreement in Principle
24.06.2017 - First viewing
29.06.2017 - Second viewing
01.07.2017 - First, second and "final" offers refused
11.07.2017 - "Final final" offer accepted :)
12.07.2017 - ID and AIP to agents
13.07.2017 - Memorandum of sale issued. File opened and contracts requested from seller's solicitor. Search fees paid.

Soldato
Hey folks, I'm in the middle of selling a house and a flat to buy a other house, its certainly been busy! Generally been smooth so far, only surprise was the environmental report showed a small risk of flooding for the house we are buying, but it is because it is near a drainage ditch. I've done a whole load of research, spoken to the environmental agency, local council and even the locals who live in the area and am now happy that it isn't an issue. The house and area has never flooded and isn't an issue to get insurance.

The slight delay at the moment is that the management agency for the landlord of the flat (it's leasehold of course) are being useless. We requested a standard form to be filled in for all the relevant needed information and they returned it with 95% of the questions marked as unknown and had the cheek to charge us £250 for the effort! Their excuse was that the women who usually deals with the building is on holiday. We've said we won't be paying until the form is correct filled in with the relevant information. The lady on question is back this week so hopefully will shed some much needed light onto it!

There is always something!

Soldato
Flood risk on environmental searches is more common than not :p

Dealing with management companies is one of the worst parts of the whole process. Most of the big ones are ok as they just have standard information and packs (that they get away with charging ridiculous amounts for), although a few are useless. The smaller ones are worse, blocks of 3-10 flats or so where they don't really understand the process and give all sorts of useless and contradicting information..

Associate
All paperwork was signed and returned last week, full outstanding balance paid by CHAPS to solicitor, still waiting to exchange because the vendors mortgage redemption figure hasn't arrived yet.

We are due to give notice on our current property on Friday :rolleyes:

Associate
I phoned the lender directly who told me it would take 10-15 mins to receive a statement via fax. Starting to question what's going on now seeing as we were expecting to exchange at the end of last week...

Soldato
I'm surprised banks and solicitors still use fax machines
It's either that or their horrible "secure" emails which are a pain in the arse to try and open with each bank having their own different system in place.

May be old fashioned but it's instant and can actually be relied on in a time when email fraud for solicitors is an absolutely massive problem and is causing all manner of extra steps to have to be taken.

I try and email as much as possible but anything to do with bank details has to be post or fax.

Associate
Just had news from my solicitor that our buyers environmental report has come back as failed on our property. The one we got in 2013 was a pass with no issues.. I guess something has been added to the register since?

Hoping it doesn't take weeks to rectify as council aren't always quick!

Well, the Environmental health officer at the council has told me that my property was built on green field land and there is nothing on the register historically or pending! He thinks the search company are trying it on for an indemnity policy to be purchased.

The annoying thing is that he is not able to type a letter due to workload issues and is now on leave next week... So this stupid bloody enquiry that has delayed by 2 weeks already will probably increase the delay to 4 weeks by the time the search company potentially revise the fail for a pass certificate. It's no wonder this stuff is stressful especially when you have to wait and rely on other people to respond!

Back
Top Bottom