The nervous wait to exchange....

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Had 3 more offers all over the asking price yesterday so awaiting everyones best and final offer. :D :D

chuffed to bits as we put the house on for 10K more than we thought we would get anyway. Its a great first house and nothing comes close to it at that price in the market so its in high demand.
Sounds like it is underpriced to me? Anything sells immediately at less than its value!

Soldato
Sounds like it is underpriced to me? Anything sells immediately at less than its value!

we actually wanted to put it on the market for 10k less next door sold last year for nearly 15k less than what we are getting offers for.
They are cheap houses ex council ones and most need a lot of work but we completely gutted it which is whats giving us the demand.

we did get a low ball offer 12k under asking

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It almost sounds to me as though you are selling it too quickly :) Perhaps try the water at another 10k over the current offers and see how you get on?

Soldato
And despite saying back on Nov 10th it was all going smoothly and we were expected to exchange soon.....we have finally exchanged with completion on 30th Jan. That took way bloody longer than it should have done and was far more awkward due to our PITA purchasers, An old lady at the top of the chain and pigging solicitors. Now to start getting ready to pay people.

Soldato
Forgot to update this!

Finally got the keys to the house a couple of month back. What a long a stressful time it is, at first I wondered what all the fuss was about when people said how stressful it was.

Some how, the plot we wanted from plan that someone else had reserved over a year ago came up on the same weekend we got an offer on our house. Feel sorry for the one who it fell through for but we couldn't believe our luck. Almost lost it as it took 6 weeks longer than the builders had requested (they actually requested the unsigned contract back the day before our sale all went through).

Now get to wake up to this perfect view every morning and couldn't be happier

Dv21q6F.jpg

Theres a few things we had to compromise on to get that plot location and view (narrow drive inbetween us and next door which is annoying with 2 baby seats and a small back garden), but having previously lived opposite a cemetery this is a huge improvement :p

Soldato
:p We did think that!

As it stands this is the far edge of the development and they have started going out the other way instead.

That land is a private farm which has been in the family for generations so I’m hopeful we have a stubborn farmer on our hands who doesn’t sell up.

Permabanned
The wife and I are in the middle of negotiations with the developer of this pad:

http://www.rollos.co.uk/details?id=25167372

Sold ours just over 3 weeks ago, and our buyers were very flexible to give us time to find a new place, we gave them a 1st March exchange date.

We've made 70k profit on our old place so it gives us a decent amount to split between mortgage deposit and finishing the new place to our spec. We are thinking 50k deposit, 20k to finish the house.

Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Soldato
The wife and I are in the middle of negotiations with the developer of this pad:

http://www.rollos.co.uk/details?id=25167372

Sold ours just over 3 weeks ago, and our buyers were very flexible to give us time to find a new place, we gave them a 1st March exchange date.

We've made 70k profit on our old place so it gives us a decent amount to split between mortgage deposit and finishing the new place to our spec. We are thinking 50k deposit, 20k to finish the house.

Fingers crossed
Nice - when you say "finish the house" do you mean fixtures and fittings? Or are you saying that you've got to complete the work based upon where the photos shown the work has got up to?

Permabanned
Nice - when you say "finish the house" do you mean fixtures and fittings? Or are you saying that you've got to complete the work based upon where the photos shown the work has got up to?

Complete the work from its current state as shown in pics.
Finish the kitchen, hardwood flooring on ground floor, carpets and decorating throughout and finish bathrooms with tiling etc.
All the electrics, plumbing, boiler and doors/windows are brand new. Also all the joinery, window sills skirting etc is also brand new - and very high standard.
Hence why we are negotiating with the developer to either get a lower price due to work required, or get them to finish some of it to our spec for an agreed price.

Soldato
I've got a chain with 4 house purchases within it and trying to get them moving is proving frustrating. They all say they are egar to move but don't seem to want to push there solicitors to get moving.

My sol has got all she can done, my mortgage offer is in an now she is awaiting one answer from house i'm buying, my purchaser is awaiting results on one local search. Hurry up all of you!

I'd like a whatsapp group of all of us that I can delete when we're exchanged ;)

Soldato
Rapidly hurtling toward completion, yet still haven’t seen a copy of the surveyor’s report on the property we’re buying, which is a bit disconcerting. This was through Direct Valuations who our lender, HSBC referred us to. I even paid extra for an enhanced survey!

Soldato
That looks great. Very jealous of the double garage! Think i always thought Norwich was pricier than that too.

Well we've accepted an offer on ours now. Just can't find anything that's making us feel it's an upgrade worth the money!

This is our current house

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62866453.html

All the rooms are a great size and the only thing lacking is a bit more outdoor space and i'd like a garage. Problem is even looking up to £280k we're not seeing anything other than new builds and we're not a fan of those.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone straighten out my scrabbled brain

so everything is moving forward with the houses but I was thinking to myself last night having never done this.

Both purchase and sale are going to complete on the same day how does this work with moving out? Do you get till midday or something along those lines to move out?

Back
Top Bottom