The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Until this happened everybody else in the chain was ready to exchange it was just the first buyer holding things up given that they probably put their offer in back in october november they had have plenty of time to sort out this negotiation with a neighbour for remedial work they wanted to complete for their disabled son. Did your chain complete with those few weeks

Sadly not we was also only 3 /4 weeks although the buyers did come back in the end once they had a buyer

Associate
See we have got an uodate from our solicitors today informing us that a contract pack has been sent out to the new buyers of the 1st property but its going to take a while to get the searches re done but hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel

Associate
This thread has become a bit more interesting for me now that I work as a compliance officer for a solicitor in the conveyancing team. We're a bulk conveyancer so our fees are cheap but obviously therefore we don't always have the time to always update clients with every little step which can sometimes cause issues with clients with very high expectations.

As always when dealing with the public though, some of the clients we have and their complaints are hilarious.

Soldato
out buyer has instructed a full building survey.

i dont see any issues other than the windows and frames are well past their best and the flat plastic conservatory roof is also past it (been the same for 3 years) Does make me nervous though

Man of Honour
I'm thinking I've picked the wrong solicitors havent replied by phone or email in the last few days. Wanting to find out if they've received the final documents they wanted and what they are thinking on timelines.

Associate
I'm thinking I've picked the wrong solicitors havent replied by phone or email in the last few days. Wanting to find out if they've received the final documents they wanted and what they are thinking on timelines.

Have you tried direct dialing the conveyancer working on your matter?

At my firm, we only have 2 people who reply to current client queries (the conveyancer assigned to the client and there assistant) unless it's a complaint or something, so it only takes 1 of them to be off for queries of this nature to take a while to be responded too.

If you think it might have a material effect (or not for that matter), then make a grumble, again at my firm any potential client grumbles is reported and a 'high importance' note is attached to the clients matter, we hate official complaints.

Soldato
If they pay for your stamp duty, they reduce house price i think, as you legally have to pay your own stamp duty.
With ours, our solicitor didn't realise we had technically overpaid, a quick letter to HMRC and a cheque for 400+ came back :)

I can send you some more info if interested, i prob didn't explain it the best.

How do you mean sorry? We had our stamp duty paid, and legal fees, and selling fees, and £4k cash... Yes we rinsed them :p Who said you can't get discounts on new houses!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Offer accepted on our first property, scary times.

No idea what I'm doing process wise but hopefully it will be SSTC later today as I've provided solicitor details to the EA.

Associate
How do you mean sorry? We had our stamp duty paid, and legal fees, and selling fees, and £4k cash... Yes we rinsed them :p Who said you can't get discounts on new houses!

STAMP DUTY RECLAIM PROCESS

BT - Stamp Duty Land Tax

HM Revenue and Customs

BX9 1HD

Reclaim of SDLT Overpaid

Re: Property.................(address)...................................

The Purchase Price of the above property was £569,995. There was a Buyer's Allowance (i.e. Buyer's Retention as per Clause 23 of the enclosed contract) of £15,500.

Stamp Duty of £18,499 was paid by our Solicitor who SHOULD have deducted the Buyer's Retention to arrive at the ACTUAL price paid for the property prior to the calculation of SDLT (£554,495) This was not done and resulted in an overpayment of SDLT. The correct calculation of Stamp Duty appears to be £17,724

We therefore reclaim the amount of SDLT overpaid, which we calculate to be £775

I enclose herewith a Certified copy of the signed Contract of Sale, a copy of the signed Form TP1 and a copy of the Purchase Completion Statement evidencing the Buyer's Retention and the SDLT paid in error by our Solicitor.

Yours faithfully

Enc.

Certified Copy of signed Contract of Sale
Copy of signed TP1
Copy of SDLT1 (if available)
Copy of Purchase Completion Statement

Not sure if it will help anyone or not, but I got a decent amount back (After 18 months of not knowing about it, HMRC also didn't tell me!)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Offer accepted on our first property, scary times.

No idea what I'm doing process wise but hopefully it will be SSTC later today as I've provided solicitor details to the EA.

Okay it might have failed already :o

Spoke to EA yesterday and all seemed good and about to send out the legal memos, had a call shortly after posting saying they've received an offer 10k over ours.

Associate
Okay it might have failed already :o

Spoke to EA yesterday and all seemed good and about to send out the legal memos, had a call shortly after posting saying they've received an offer 10k over ours.

That is the worst. Hopefully you end up finding somewhere better though, the first place we found was cool, but I'm glad we were talked out of it because the house we've went for is so much better.

Just need to drop off my signed documents now, then should be completing at the end of May. Gives her lodger a chance to move out and me time to build up more disposable for furniture/appliances.
Don't know whether to take up her offer of £175 for a year old £299 Beko fridge freezer, or barter a little bit because I know she doesn't need it at her new place.
Passing on the sofas because I've got a whole downstairs of hardwood flooring to re-finish!

Associate
That is the worst. Hopefully you end up finding somewhere better though, the first place we found was cool, but I'm glad we were talked out of it because the house we've went for is so much better.

Just need to drop off my signed documents now, then should be completing at the end of May. Gives her lodger a chance to move out and me time to build up more disposable for furniture/appliances.
Don't know whether to take up her offer of £175 for a year old £299 Beko fridge freezer, or barter a little bit because I know she doesn't need it at her new place.
Passing on the sofas because I've got a whole downstairs of hardwood flooring to re-finish!

What would the Beko go for on Gumtree/ebay etc?
Our buyers (FTB) are taking our sofas and dining table. Cost a total of £1400 11 years ago and selling for £250 and they're both pretty much immaculate. The Mrs doesn't want them in our new place and the price takes in to account the removal of the ball ache of having to sell them on Gumtree etc and faffing with people coming round to look. Could get £350 or so if I sold elsewhere but don't need the hassle and they're here for our use until the day we move out.

Associate
What would the Beko go for on Gumtree/ebay etc?
Our buyers (FTB) are taking our sofas and dining table. Cost a total of £1400 11 years ago and selling for £250 and they're both pretty much immaculate. The Mrs doesn't want them in our new place and the price takes in to account the removal of the ball ache of having to sell them on Gumtree etc and faffing with people coming round to look. Could get £350 or so if I sold elsewhere but don't need the hassle and they're here for our use until the day we move out.

To be honest, Gumtree is flooded in fridge freezers. Going from there I'd say £100.

I think i'd be expecting it to be cheaper than £175.

Do you need a fridge freezer or just taking it because it's on offer?

I will need a fridge freezer, but not right away. Since I'll be re-decorating and can live elsewhere until it's sorted. Eventually it would be getting replaced for an american style, as the water line has already been plumbed in.

Associate
We're going with Precise mortgages as I have an old default and my partner only has one year of books. We've had ATP from H2B and Precise have booked a valuation for Tuesday and taken valuation fee. Precise has also asked for the following:
3 x wage slips for me
P60 for me
SA302 and Tax overview for my partner
ID for both of us

They have not asked for bank statements, I was expecting them to do this. Is this normal? Can't believe they would lend to us without looking through our statements!

Timeline has been as follows:

8/4/18 - Placed down reservation fee on new build as FTB
9/4/18 - Applied for HTB and full Mortgage
9/4/18 - Started ball rolling with solicitors
13/4/18 - ATP for HTB issued, valuation booked, some documentation requested from lender.

Sui

Sui

Soldato

Okay it's seemingly back on, we matched the offer and the vendors have decided to stick with us and no further offers are to be made.

Hopefully we'll still be okay with the mortgage, we can afford it, it's just whether the bank sees the same way! Fingers crossed.

Associate
So completed on my flat last Thursday and moved out, spoke with the builder for my new property of which is still expected to be an "April" completion now..

Thats considering it was originally a mid March completion, then end of March and then mid April so far I am not impressed (even more so they didnt take me up on the offer to install the water supply for them with a spare gang from work!)

Back
Top Bottom