The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
We're going with Precise mortgages as I have an old default and my partner only has one year of books. We've had ATP from H2B and Precise have booked a valuation for Tuesday and taken valuation fee. Precise has also asked for the following:
3 x wage slips for me
P60 for me
SA302 and Tax overview for my partner
ID for both of us

They have not asked for bank statements, I was expecting them to do this. Is this normal? Can't believe they would lend to us without looking through our statements!

Timeline has been as follows:

8/4/18 - Placed down reservation fee on new build as FTB
9/4/18 - Applied for HTB and full Mortgage
9/4/18 - Started ball rolling with solicitors
13/4/18 - ATP for HTB issued, valuation booked, some documentation requested from lender.
We got our Mortgage offer with Precise last Wednesday via email and in the post Friday. Sent the forms back this morning.
Took 23 days from application to offer.

I also had a 5.5 year old default.

Associate
We got our Mortgage offer with Precise last Wednesday via email and in the post Friday. Sent the forms back this morning.
Took 23 days from application to offer.

I also had a 5.5 year old default.

Interesting, that is quite a while. We are FTB so this is all new to us but I feel like Precise are moving quite fast. They contacted our broker yesterday and asked for the Signed Standard Declaration, nothing else. I am wondering if we have passed the credit/affordability stage and they are doing documentation confirmation.

Soldato
Our buyers full building survey was carried out on our house yest, was in for 2.5 hours never lifted carpets or anything but fingers crossed anything shown up is what we were expecting, (windows and conservatory roof) almost nervous about it as the house is 1960s but ex council so built with solid walls and so on

Associate
Interesting, that is quite a while. We are FTB so this is all new to us but I feel like Precise are moving quite fast. They contacted our broker yesterday and asked for the Signed Standard Declaration, nothing else. I am wondering if we have passed the credit/affordability stage and they are doing documentation confirmation.
We did have to resign our direct debit mandate again as it didn't match my passport (9.5 year old signature) so it puts you're application back by 5 days when you send stuff to them.

Soldato
Anyone dealt with really slow Vendors. The people we are buying from are dragging the process out at every single opportunity. I am absolutely dreading moving day to find them sat there with a brew watching TV and they dont own the house anymore.

They are retired and just dont seem to care that they are holding up the whole chain, I'm not going to sleep the night before because we have a 2 year old to think about and I can see them overstaying for as long as they can, thats if they dont back out last minute which I think there is a pretty high chance that they will going off whats happened so far.

So frustrating, just want to go round and ask them what the hell they are playing at

Soldato
Anyone dealt with really slow Vendors. The people we are buying from are dragging the process out at every single opportunity. I am absolutely dreading moving day to find them sat there with a brew watching TV and they dont own the house anymore.

They are retired and just dont seem to care that they are holding up the whole chain, I'm not going to sleep the night before because we have a 2 year old to think about and I can see them overstaying for as long as they can, thats if they dont back out last minute which I think there is a pretty high chance that they will going off whats happened so far.

So frustrating, just want to go round and ask them what the hell they are playing at

Sometimes its worth doing, my father in law had his buyers knocking his door when there was a issue further up the chain. I have facebook contact with the wife of the buyer and whatsapp contact with the people were buying from, i like to know i can message without cloakes and daggers, that said the husband who is buying the place is email only and its a tad annoying as the estate agents can be slow to react

Soldato
Offer accepted today on a small 2 bed terrace after quite a few lower offers were turned down. Fingers crossed all goes ok but this will be my 6th house over the years and i know it can be a very bumpy and emotional ride!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Okay it's seemingly back on, we matched the offer and the vendors have decided to stick with us and no further offers are to be made.

Hopefully we'll still be okay with the mortgage, we can afford it, it's just whether the bank sees the same way! Fingers crossed.

Chain complete, just us as FTB and the seller moving into somewhere vacant. Hopefully it's relatively smooth going from here!

Soldato
You sold a buy to let?
Yes way too much hassle for a man of my age. It was too far away to look after myself and after fees we were making no more than 4%.
We didn't buy it as a buy to let it was bought when my wife had a job away from home and renting was as expensive as a mortgage.
Our pension investments make way more than 4%.
Andi.

Soldato
Just completed today and moved out... Will feel weird not having my own place for a few months. Was my first house and had been there for 10.5 years.

Overall, glad to be out as it was no good for my mental health with some of the neighbours being absolute fuds with noise, yappy dogs, parking issues and the smell of cannabis being smoked all the time (more than just one neighbour doing the above)

Onwards and upwards they say and they'll likely carry me out the new place.

Soldato
Seems like a good thread to ask in. Can anyone recommend a soliciter skilled in new builds and Help to Buy? I'm reserving a property on Monday so will need one .

A quick Google shows a company called 'SAM Conveyancing' with good reviews and a quote from them came out at £1750 all up for their fees. Having no yard stick I have no idea if that's good or not. Help! :)

Back
Top Bottom