The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Had a nightmare with the solicitors, generally slow and bad communication but more so issues with our HTB ISAs (from solicitors side not the government).

Not realising we had them (when they were told several times and in writing), telling us to close them too late and having us run round like headless chickens trying to get our closing statements. We're completing tomorrow and thankfully everything seems in place now.

How did you find/choose your solicitors?

Can't complain about ours so far. I think our vendors solicitors might be a bit useless though. Ours forwarded a load of the paperwork that vendors solicitor had sent over (PIF/title plan/others), and looks like they've missed out on a few sections + haven't included things like all the building reg certificates from the recent extension. So was a bit amusing to see the letter back to the vendors solicitor to correct the paperwork and send over the documents they missed the first time.

We didn't go for the cheapest, so i guess it's worth paying a little extra for a good firm.

Associate
Our vendor's solicitor decided to go out for the day when we were supposed to be exchanging . No one could get in touch with him, nice that!

Associate
And finally I have a completion date! what abit of a saga overall, should have been in back at the end of March...

30th May here we come.. mortgage funds requested and completion statement issued so yep its happening!

Soldato
Just received an email and text from Nationwide saying my valuation has been booked for 01/06. So much waiting :(

Wait till it gets to the legal stuff.

Our conveyancing portal suggests we should have our final contract posted out tomorrow, although some of the prior tasks haven't been ticked off, even though i know they've been done (such as ordering the searches).

Soldato
Exchange and complete looking like next week. The boiler won't be serviced until 31st but they are putting in a clause so that will continue and I can.still.exchange and complete without waiting for it to be done. All on track

Possibly grab the keys next wed. Super nervous and excited

Soldato
And after what will be 6 months since we found a house we liked we will move. Exchanged today for completion on the 8th.

Its been horrible, found a house, sold ours within a week, waited nearly 3 months and gave up on our first buyer as their buyer had just stopped, found a new buyer within a week but put them in the race with the first buyer in case they could get themselves together, buyer 2 ready to exchange, original mortgage offer expires, renew it, owner of the house we were buying diagnosed with cancer and pulls their house from sale, panic/despair, find new house which is actually better and cheaper, start process fearing losing our buyer, get second mortgage sorted, local council go to poop and taking an average of 8 weeks for local searches (next district along can be done in 2 days), find email address of local search manager and get in direct contact, actually get search done (although still 6 weeks), exchanged..

It will be years before I want to do this again!

Soldato
I had forgot how exciting it was buying a house till read this thread - This house will be sold when I am carted out feet first and don't give a damn what happens - Only done it three times and all before these certificate things were needed. - God knows where ours are.

Good luck to everyone buying - hope it all goes well.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Found out today the house our sellers are buying is awaiting probate to be approved, so I have no idea how long we’ll be waiting. Just as I was getting excited :p

Back
Top Bottom