The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
My solicter has been waiting about a month now for a reply from the developers solicter on a few points and finally received that today. The developer/builder is pushing to exchange this week, we were mean to exchange last week Friday. We are now on holiday until next week so they will have to wait. Just, the ordasity astounds me. Let's wait a month to reply on some points and then immediately push to get moving. Gah.

Associate
Just had an update from the solicitor today saying that the "principal issues are that the property is subject to a local authority discount charge and right of first refusal" (ex council house), so they are awaiting feedback that the council will remove this.

Anyone have any experience of this? Already have a lot of time and money invested so will be pretty annoyed if this causes an issue when the sellers should have been aware of this in the first place.

Soldato
The sellers probably were aware of it, but probably kept quiet in the hope it wouldn't be an issue. If they advertised it then there'd have been much less interest.

We're due to exchange on ours today for completion on the 6th July. The couple we're buying from seem to have dragged it out ages and timing wise it's crap for me at work but at least it's happening :)

Soldato
Our solicitor is taking the mick.

Everything is in place, forms signed etc., All we need to do is exchange. Vendors solicitor have done their part. Our solicitor is holding it up because they're inundated with other jobs. The earliest they can look into it is next week.

Seriously.

Soldato

Everything is in place, forms signed etc., All we need to do is exchange. Vendors solicitor have done their part. Our solicitor is holding it up because they're inundated with other jobs. The earliest they can look into it is next week.

Seriously.
Just, wow. Small company? No one you can escalate a complaint to? I would be seething :(

Soldato

Seriously.
That's pretty ballsy to admit that. Smells like something else going on though or its been misinterpreted. If it really is just a case of exchanging, any Tom, Dick or Harry could do it (i.e their secretary) and it's definitely a high priority task because it takes 30 seconds but gets rid of a looming job

Soldato

Seriously.

Damn that sucks :( Hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later!

Regarding my story - my mortgage lender is completing a survey on the property today, so I hope I receive a Mortgage offer very soon. In the mean time, I've just received confirmation my solicitor is pressing their solicitor to get them to pay the indemnity insurance which is required on the property before exchanging. I hope this issue is resolved shortly as I believe it's all tied up apart from this issue now!

Soldato
That's pretty ballsy to admit that. Smells like something else going on though or its been misinterpreted. If it really is just a case of exchanging, any Tom, Dick or Harry could do it (i.e their secretary) and it's definitely a high priority task because it takes 30 seconds but gets rid of a looming job

They're insisting they stick to their system. I.e. they review documents as they come in date order.

So they'll review our documents after they've reviewed others who are ahead of us in the list - despite the fact we just need to exchange.

I rang them up to tell them they're being daft.

Soldato

Seriously.

I'm not purchasing off you am I? I just got off the phone with my solicitor and estate agent, the sellers solicitors have replied that the final queries will be completed in "due course", this has been going on for the last two weeks when we are ready to exchange.

Soldato
I'm not purchasing off you am I? I just got off the phone with my solicitor and estate agent, the sellers solicitors have replied that the final queries will be completed in "due course", this has been going on for the last two weeks when we are ready to exchange.

Ha ha! We're buying, not selling.

Good to see I'm not the only one in this boat. Misery loves company!

Soldato
Got my Mortgage Offer today :D That's a load off my mind :D

Now it's all tied up my end - I'm literally just waiting on a response from the sellers solicitor regarding the last couple of outstanding issues! :D

Quick Question - Will I get to see the Homebuyers Survey the Mortgage Lender carried out? If so, when should I expect that?

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Mortgage Offer today :D That's a load off my mind :D

Now it's all tied up my end - I'm literally just waiting on a response from the sellers solicitor regarding the last couple of outstanding issues! :D

Quick Question - Will I get to see the Homebuyers Survey the Mortgage Lender carried out? If so, when should I expect that?

I got mine in the post along side the mortgage offer in writing about 10 days or so after where you are at now through the post. That was with Santander.

Soldato
Do you know they definately did a homebuyers survey or just a valuation survey?

Our lender does a Valuation one but i could've paid extra to upgrade it to a Homebuyers/Full Building. We did get a copy of the valuation though.

Yeah definitely a Homebuyers Survey - It's even on the Mortgage Offer sheet

Did you get a copy through the post?

I got mine in the post along side the mortgage offer in writing about 10 days or so after where you are at now through the post. That was with Santander.

Good to know :) Thanks

Back
Top Bottom