Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by noj, Apr 3, 2014.
I wouldn't get excited until you've exchanged
It feels like a constant rollercoaster of ups and downs.
We agreed a sale price in August last year and had an offer accepted for a house in mid September but still we don't have a date to exchange! It got to the point that for it to go through we had to sell our house before Christmas then just hope the buying goes through. Luckily I could move in with my parents and a friend had an empty garage for our stuff.
That sounds like a palaver! Hope it gets sorted soon. We're currently renting but will be moving out 1st of March.
We have a planned exchange date of 13th of February so I hope we are on target for that. House isn't due be finished until about May maybe June.
Given you've had the offer accepted and it's looking likely, have you got a link? Sounds like a lovely house.
Just stay down until exchange then you can't get too disappointed
Haha it's really hard though.
(watch this space in a few weeks when I come in her depressed cause it all fell through!)
I can't wait to post pics of my house. But resisting until exchange
Tried (trying ) not to get my hopes up until exchange, but hard not to
Pinged you a trust as I don't want my potential address a matter of public record Fingers firmly crossed here, just been reading the conservation area details, love the history!
Yeah it's a cracking house.
Think i remember you saying you were around Ashby at the moment when chatting about the pubs. It's a lovely area around there. Especially if you like Llamas
Down to our last 3 queries now. 1 easily solved. 2 more questionable.
1. No section 38 for the road. All deeds show that 1 is required as part of planning permission and agreement on the land. Buyers solicitor wants us to buy an indemnity insurance but can’t find a price as apparently the lender may require one but she is checking with Halifax.
2. Title deed for our house from Land Registry was of poor quality on copy. It is unreadable. I have provided my official copy from 10 years ago when I bought it but buyers solicitor wants indemnity policy for covenants and clauses. Land Registry have a policy in place to pay for things like this which is fine but worried it will take ages to sort.
Trying to push for exchange on Friday so our buyer and submit notice to their landlord before next payment so they can leave in Feb. If not we are stuck waiting til March . Hopeful at the moment but pretty sure it won’t be sorted in time.
I'm having great difficulty selling a property I inherited last July. It sold within a week but we still haven't completed due to title deed issues. My solicitor doesn't seem very good and has admit to never having delt with the issue before, I have submitted paperwork to NRAM which arrived today to see if they still hold a copy.
I feel so sorry for the buyer aswell because she was meant to be in for Christmas 2019.
Hah yeah, haven't been to the llama farm yet It is a really nice area, I grew up in a tiny village in the boring flat South, but spent the last 10 years living in big cities (inc Hong Kong) so it's great to be back in rural Britain, you really appreciate it more after being away. Went for a muddy walk from Melbourne through Breedon-on-the-Hill at the weekend, loved it!
Got all the first round paperwork off to the solicitors now. Next step, the survey, which I'm a little nervous about as the property is so old, but given the general excellent state of upkeep on the property I'm optimistic it'll be fine.
So damn close.
Could exchange this week if all goes well.
Solicitor thinks you can't use LISA for exchange deposit ,but I think you can
Can't meet the 10pc exchange deposit threshold without it annoyingly
I didn't think you could but a quick google seems to suggest you're right
Not sure about the LISA but I know with the help to buy isa you only get to use your own money as part of the deposit and not the bit you gain on interest, if i remember correctly. And you're only allowed to use it on properties up to the value of £250k, which in Bristol gets you a shed.
I know how you feel about wanting to send pictures and being excited. I'm trying hard not to get excited and emotionally attached but I already am! Things have gone so fast and to plan I'd be surprised if it fell through but there is always that risk.
It's not even anything remotely special compared to what some of the other houses I've seen in this thread and these forums in general but I still can't wait.
Edit: ignore me, i don't know what I am talking about it seems
Yeah that limit sucks. Luckily I moved to help to buy to Lisa as our house is over the limit. 250k isn't much in some places
So little info about it
Might tap you up next time we're down for some suggestions!
We don't usually venture out too far as we're at Champneys where we get breakfast/dinner/tea included so usually just have a walk into Ashby for a few drinks which is about 3 miles each way, but it'd be nice to explore a little more. Especially as i go for a run but end up doing the same loops every time i'm there.
Solicitors checked and are now happy they can use my Lisa for exchange. So this avoids needing to negotiate the 10pc thing down
We also now have a provisional exchange and completion date.
Looks like the sellers can accommodate whatever and is down to us to call the shots
Last things to do are insurance and getting the final bit of the exchange deposit to solicitors
Separate names with a comma.