1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The nervous wait to exchange....

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by noj, 3 Apr 2014.

  1. Rabtech

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 27 Dec 2003

    Posts: 1,153

    Location: Preston, Lancs

    Great news, should hopefully be following myself very soon.
     
  2. koolpc

    Capodecina

    Joined: 2 Dec 2004

    Posts: 12,601

    Location: Under The Desk, Wales

    I put an offer in on a house last weekend, via Purpletits and still not heard from vendor, even though i have messaged him asking whats going on. I know he is having more viewings but its so annoying to be left in the dark not knowing anything!!
     
  3. a1ex2001

    Capodecina

    Joined: 14 Mar 2005

    Posts: 14,540

    Location: Here and There...

    I think you can safely say your offer is on the back burner pending more viewings which means it isn’t enough to get the house yet. Round here you make an offer just so you interest is noted ahead of the sealed bids there is pretty much no hope of getting it accepted if all the people I know locally only one got their house with out going to sealed bids.
     
  4. koolpc

    Capodecina

    Joined: 2 Dec 2004

    Posts: 12,601

    Location: Under The Desk, Wales

    Its so frustrating not hearing from him!
     
    Last edited: 16 Sep 2021
  5. a1ex2001

    Capodecina

    Joined: 14 Mar 2005

    Posts: 14,540

    Location: Here and There...

    It is crap but what do you want him to say ‘thanks but I’m waiting to see if I get more’ downside of purple bricks I guess at least if they were using a proper estate agent you could get robbed off with fluff and nonsense by someone.
     
  6. koolpc

    Capodecina

    Joined: 2 Dec 2004

    Posts: 12,601

    Location: Under The Desk, Wales

    Yea, i agree. Just its a nightmare not knowing.
     
  7. squerble

    Mobster

    Joined: 13 Apr 2009

    Posts: 4,789

    Location: UK

    Well we took the step to pull out of our purchase. Just far too much to risk, and we weren't comfortable.
     
  8. Unseul

    Mobster

    Joined: 18 Jun 2018

    Posts: 2,992

    Location: Isle of Wight

    So our sellers have agreed to get a structural engineer in to check the loft space. They've reiterated it was never being sold as a bedroom (which we know), but that doesn't mean that a structurally unsound roof is ok :D. Hopefully it won't take long to get his report, and we can see exactly what's going on there, how much it would cost to fix, and whether the loft space can still be used in a spare room like fashion (not an official loft room conversion).
     
  9. Lonewolf

    Mobster

    Joined: 23 Feb 2004

    Posts: 3,559

    Location: Manchester

    Don't blame you. I recently did the same thing after the survey highlighted numerous faults.
     
  10. a1ex2001

    Capodecina

    Joined: 14 Mar 2005

    Posts: 14,540

    Location: Here and There...

    Mortgage valuation is back 90K less than our offer but enough to secure the funds we need so fingers crossed that's the first hurdle cleared, we had feared the valuation would be much worse!
     
  11. FlamBango

    Hitman

    Joined: 16 Jun 2009

    Posts: 603

    slightly miffed with my solicitor and the searches he did(nt) do! Having moved in a few months back it now appears that a 5g mast is being erected about 50 feet from my front door! Now, while it doesn't bother me as a health risk, it will bother potential buyers in years to come! Nothing about it whatsoever in the searches.
     
  12. Macky

    Soldato

    Joined: 5 Apr 2009

    Posts: 5,849

    Location: England

    Don't know the ins and outs of solicitor expectations, but I'd be putting a complaint into the legal ombudsman. That should quite clearly have come up in searches!
     
  13. a1ex2001

    Capodecina

    Joined: 14 Mar 2005

    Posts: 14,540

    Location: Here and There...

    Planning searches are usually an optional extra and I guess this is what that would have come under as a quick check of the local planning portal would have shown the application to build a mast and if it was signed off or not. We were offered a planning search and turned it down as I had already checked the local planning and we turned it down as £30 to pay someone else to check a council website seemed silly
     
  14. montymint

    Don

    Joined: 29 Jul 2006

    Posts: 5,761

    Location: Newcastle, UK

    contracts finally exchanged, should complete friday
     
  15. koolpc

    Capodecina

    Joined: 2 Dec 2004

    Posts: 12,601

    Location: Under The Desk, Wales

    Put offer on house, which was accepted a while ago but still the vendor has not put his solicitor details down.

    He said he doesnt want to incur any legal fees yet as he still hasnt found a property to buy yet!

    Its through Purpletits...

    So frustrating...
     
  16. a1ex2001

    Capodecina

    Joined: 14 Mar 2005

    Posts: 14,540

    Location: Here and There...

    This can be a right pain as he may never find somewhere to go, what ever you do don’t stop looking now I’ve had friends waste 6 months waiting for people to find somewhere only for them to decide to stay put. This was one of the reasons we haven’t sold ours as we have been looking for somewhere for 4/5 years and only now found something.
     
  17. koolpc

    Capodecina

    Joined: 2 Dec 2004

    Posts: 12,601

    Location: Under The Desk, Wales

    I agree. Still looking..
     
  18. Scam

    Capodecina

    Joined: 20 Oct 2002

    Posts: 14,744

    Location: London

    Here's any interesting one from my local FB group. I'm just interested what people think.

    This person bought a house on a mews-type street (west London, zone 3) where there is on-street permit parking on one side of the road due to it being narrow. The selling agent didn't say anything specifically about parking, buyers saw that it was permit parking and by the sounds of it didn't ask any further. Turns out now they've moved in (!!) there is some anti-car/environmental scheme (dunno) that is stopping anyone else from getting a parking permit there. So they have a Tesla, and nowhere in the vicinity to park it! Mad eh? I guess it comes down to the wording in the contract, but I'd be tempted to go after the agent for mis-selling or something :)confused: ) because if I saw permit parking on the street you'd just assume that was the deal right? I mean if I had a car I would definitely check but still.. Surely it's quite unusual to be blocked for gaining a permit?
     
  19. Jez

    Caporegime

    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 32,987

    ^ The above sounds as though it is a decision entirely out of the hands of the property owner or selling agent to me.

    You just said yourself, the agent didn't claim to be providing any access to parking. I'd say the chances of recourse for that seem like zero, unless there was a written guarantee somewhere to provide access to parking?
     
  20. Scam

    Capodecina

    Joined: 20 Oct 2002

    Posts: 14,744

    Location: London

    Yeah. I guess all they can hope for is if the agent or solicitors left something in that says "on street/permit parking"? We have permit parking here but can't remember what was written (if anything). My girlfriend made the point that surely stuff like that to do with the local authority should have presented itself in the searches?