The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Finally got my mortgage paperwork through from Santander. They didn't undervalue this property like the last one :D

Now onto the local searches. Fingers crossed!

Soldato
Having recently completed, how long does it usually take to get all the paperwork and land registry stuff back? We've had a tough time with the solicitor so want to make sure a) They've done their paperwork properly and b) We get copies of everything we're supposed to.

Soldato
Having recently completed, how long does it usually take to get all the paperwork and land registry stuff back? We've had a tough time with the solicitor so want to make sure a) They've done their paperwork properly and b) We get copies of everything we're supposed to.
Land Registry may take a while. My girlfriend still shows as the owner (on the title document you can buy for £3) on the house she sold at the beginning of October. Apparently there was delays of up to 6 months to get everything through, due to both conveyancers and the registry office being absolutely swamped over the last year.

Soldato
Offer accepted today. Phew. Glad that is (somewhat) over.

£10k over asking on a property that was listed for £110k more than the neighbours house (in a better condition but identical otherwise) sold for in December 2020. lols. On the flip side there is a ridiculously immaculate corner-sofa-telly-above-fireplace identical house on for £1.105M so value to be added.

Slightly busier road than I would have liked, but a definite upgrade from 60sqm to 92sqm.

Oh, and it has a 37.4sqm workshop/garage with a freaking inspection pit. Super cool. Can't wait to get my first 'project car' in over a decade!

...Except I'll be skint as my mortgage is whopper :D:cry:

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Soldato
Nice one, so you did go for it in the end :D :D :D

You can make it feel like 'family vibes' once you've put your own stamp on it.

The garage is key, well played getting one! We focussed on the same and got a 6.5m x 6.5m one with storage above in the pitched roof. Quite excited to get a throwaway spray gun, whitewash it, get some LED battens in, then do something with the floor (Interlocking tiles or epoxy paint I think).

What area are you in again?

Soldato
Yeah this thing is an absolute beast. 12.8m by 2.93m!

It is so big I think I may chop it into three - summer bar/play house, gym, workshop/garage. We'll see though, lots of work required on the house itself.

I need to move the bathroom to the front, replace the boiler etc (it is a floor mounted thing at the moment!).

Excited but still having trepidation at the moment!

I'm in the South East, north of London.

Soldato
Yeah this thing is an absolute beast. 12.8m by 2.93m!

It is so big I think I may chop it into three - summer bar/play house, gym, workshop/garage. We'll see though, lots of work required on the house itself.

I need to move the bathroom to the front, replace the boiler etc (it is a floor mounted thing at the moment!).

Excited but still having trepidation at the moment!

I'm in the South East, north of London.

So the north :D

Can't type for toffee
Don
That seems good in the current climate. And I suppose you can switch at the end of the 5yrs...

Aye we just got in, had missed the 1.7% offers we went with natwest due to the forms of income we have.
Did get a little bit of a scare when a frontline numpty said the application had been cancelled!
Turned out they missed out a chunk of cash towards the deposit and 2/3 of our income oops :p

There were 2 developments we looked at and opted for the closest one to us, seems to be somewhat delayed - sales office was meant to be open early spring... still no foundations!

A house came up at the one we'd ruled out as they had no decent plots left... buyer fell thru and was an ideal plot :D

Been a bit hectic but I think that's pretty much everything we can do sorted and are awaiting exchange with our buyer.
Then need to declutter and decant all our stuff into grandmas garage haha

Soldato
Hi guys,

Has anyone got any experience with large out buildings and buying houses?

I ask because the house I have an offer accepted upon has a massive 400sqft workshop. I highly doubt it went through any formal planning process. However, it has been there for absolutely yonks - complete with asbestos roof and everything :D

The house hasn't been sold in more than 50 years - it is a 1930s semi. What kind of problems am I walking into?

I'd like to do an extension at the rear of the house to make a new kitchen/diner setup, so I don't want any glitches on planned development or whatever if they say the house is too big already (because of the workshop square footage).

Luckily the neighbour has an almost identical one next to it on their side, so it isn't upsetting anyone!

Associate
Well we're now in that horrible phase of waiting for the mortgage application to be accepted

AIP was fine, sold our place in 4 days for a decent chunk over asking (to a first time buyer living with parents, mortgage ready to go) and we've had an offer accepted on a proper forever home, which has no onward chain, had to go about 7% over asking to get it which was less than I thought.

Broker reckons we've nothing to worry about based on the numbers and circumstances but the suspense is killing us and we're not counting our chickens just yet! I'm self employed hence going with a broker, accounts are in good shape, low outgoings and we have a decent LTV (almost 25%)

Should hear next week.

I hate this!! :)

Soldato
Well we're now in that horrible phase of waiting for the mortgage application to be accepted

AIP was fine, sold our place in 4 days for a decent chunk over asking (to a first time buyer living with parents, mortgage ready to go) and we've had an offer accepted on a proper forever home, which has no onward chain, had to go about 7% over asking to get it which was less than I thought.

Broker reckons we've nothing to worry about based on the numbers and circumstances but the suspense is killing us and we're not counting our chickens just yet! I'm self employed hence going with a broker, accounts are in good shape, low outgoings and we have a decent LTV (almost 25%)

Should hear next week.

I hate this!! :)
I’d say the mortgage application is the easy part. Brokers are usually able to tell if you’re in good shape or not. Ours took two weeks. The rest tho.. stress.

Soldato
What's the crack with choosing brokers and solicitors? When I was a FTBer I went with Habito and it was great.

I need to port so I'll essentially be with Nationwide again. Should I just go direct?

Back
Top Bottom