The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Hiya, is the typical response times for solicitors 2/3 days? Or is mine being slow?

Everytime i email them a query, they have a automatic reply saying it can take up to 3 working days to reply and i tried to call teh solicitopr yesterday and couldnt get through
Mine were minutes. Literally pop an email and get a reply in 5-10 minutes. I'm happy to give you their details if you want a good firm. They probably won't be local to you but most of it is over email/phone anyway bar document sending in post.

Soldato
Mine were minutes. Literally pop an email and get a reply in 5-10 minutes. I'm happy to give you their details if you want a good firm. They probably won't be local to you but most of it is over email/phone anyway bar document sending in post.
Sort of too late as i already using this one which ironically was recommended by my mate lol who managed to complete the whole process in 2-3 months

Associate
Can anyone recommend any room planning software (top down), where you can add furniture etc to understand placement and fit?

Not Sims4 :)

Associate
We've exchanged! Complete tomorrow!

We should have exchanged on Thursday or Friday but my solicitor spotted an error on the mortgage paperwork that needed amending which our broker missed, nothing too sinister they only got the purchase price of the house wrong!!!

Cant wait to get in tomorrow....we viewed the house on April 8th and put on offer in on the 9th so nearly 4 months, it feels like a lifetime.

Man of Honour
I wish ours would happen that fast! It’s all just excuses and more excuses now for paperwork that could have been done months ago.

Back in work in a few weeks, so now finding furniture/electronics that can be booked for Saturday deliveries. A real shame to have missed the 9 week holiday window!

Associate
Very similar scenario to us.
I'm so done with the waiting and putting things on hold for it...its one person in the middle that needs to get finished for us, they'd lost their original purchase and then got a new place which had an already finished upper chain, that was about 5-6 weeks ago now so we're pushing the EA to get updates on where they are so we know how close we are.

Man of Honour
I'm so done with the waiting and putting things on hold for it...

Tell me about it and it’s frustrating to be powerless to do anything about it at the moment. They’re all taking ages on things that could have been done months ago. The EA just tells us ‘we’ll exchange next week’, but it never transpires and another excuse emerges. The sellers help to buy company is proving to be a nightmare.

Associate
Tell me about it and it’s frustrating to be powerless to do anything about it at the moment. They’re all taking ages on things that could have been done months ago. The EA just tells us ‘we’ll exchange next week’, but it never transpires and another excuse emerges. The sellers help to buy company is proving to be a nightmare.
At least our EA is being honest when they know nothing. I’d hate to be given fake updates like that.

Soldato
We've exchanged! Complete tomorrow!

We should have exchanged on Thursday or Friday but my solicitor spotted an error on the mortgage paperwork that needed amending which our broker missed, nothing too sinister they only got the purchase price of the house wrong!!!

Cant wait to get in tomorrow....we viewed the house on April 8th and put on offer in on the 9th so nearly 4 months, it feels like a lifetime.
Congratulations

Associate
Welp, update from EA this morning is not great. Sellers seller pulled out of their purchase due to damp issues in survey, EA talked them into reducing offer which was then rejected…they’re going to talk to them again today to see where it’s going now…

Got 2 months till our mortgage offer expires, need to see what our seller thinks cause I’m so tired of this now…

Soldato
Welp, update from EA this morning is not great. Sellers seller pulled out of their purchase due to damp issues in survey, EA talked them into reducing offer which was then rejected…they’re going to talk to them again today to see where it’s going now…

Got 2 months till our mortgage offer expires, need to see what our seller thinks cause I’m so tired of this now…
sorry to hear that man! this whole system needs refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom