The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Sony a57 really nice camera, not to big not small great image quality does everything i need.
That lens shot was taken with a minolta 50mm 1.7 @f2.2.

Awesome lens the 16-50mm, I use mine on my A77 & A580 and still get surprised by the quality of the images, the focus speed and build quality really do make head and shoulders above the Tamron / Sigma equivalents.

Soldato
Some small bits and pieces came in today.

CMhDEao.jpg
Been wanting one of these for a while now, seems pretty sturdy.

Vk0eZTy.jpg
Every time I take use the neck strap on the 5Dmkiii I quickly get a sore neck, the supplied neck strap is pretty lame, it's just too thin. This new strap is extremely comfortable!

Kg9qoAl.jpg

CA5szLu.jpg

Yr1lUn9.jpg

d3RXQ2b.jpg

No more misplacing my SD cards, they can now float back to me.

Soldato
I was searching for the uav, dji, etc, hashtags on facebook over the last few days and it seems there is a very good use for UAVs in anti poaching, and other wildlife ventures. Finally positive press is winning over the naysayers :)

I went to the Air Day at RNAS Yeovilton yesterday, and Planes.Tv (I think that's what they are called) who cover airshows and produce dvd/blurays etc. We're using one to film the crowd. They flew it along the whole crowd line at one point with everyone waving at it :D

The commentator kept calling it an octopus copter, but I'm pretty sure it only had 6 arms!

Soldato
I went to the Air Day at RNAS Yeovilton yesterday, and Planes.Tv (I think that's what they are called) who cover airshows and produce dvd/blurays etc. We're using one to film the crowd. They flew it along the whole crowd line at one point with everyone waving at it :D

The commentator kept calling it an octopus copter, but I'm pretty sure it only had 6 arms!

:D

Associate
GM1 together with AAA battery and credit card.

gm1.JPG

Associate
I just bought one of those too :D I didn't float test it though so I guess it's good to know lol

Any hints as to where to find one?

This thread also appears to have answered my gorillapod question!

I am confused, what's wrong with a cable release?

Nothing, the triggertrap app does things like facial recognition and exposure compensation and all sorts of other clever stuff though.

Caporegime
My new baby, I've been lusting after this since it was announced but finally managed to snag one at a good price second hand :)

NMVZVGn.jpg.png

Ooooh, how much? Perfect "pocket compact !"

Nothing, the triggertrap app does things like facial recognition and exposure compensation and all sorts of other clever stuff though.

Ah I see, turning a DSLR into an iPhone? :p

Associate
I am confused, what's wrong with a cable release?
The app will also do some cool things like sound/motion detection. Not sure how useful those are going to be, but could be some fun to play around with. It also has exposure programs for star trails like the tc 80n3, but only costs £30.

Like i said not really sure this is going to revolutionise my photography, but i think it will be a lot of fun to play around with. :D

Last edited:
Associate
If you want a second hand RX1 Raymond, LCE have a few for sale around £1500. It isn't really pocketable though. The body is small but that lens sticks out a fair way. It is only 5mm thinner than a 5DMKIII body without the lens.

If you want to see how big it is compared to a 5D MKIII, take a look at

http://camerasize.com/compare/#468,312 (you can alter the orientation of both cameras in the panel to the left).

It is a really good site to see how big cameras are

http://camerasize.com/

If you want a 35mm lens on a decent pocketable camera, get a Fuji X100s :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom