The new Marks and Spencers ads

Soldato
Does this advert make anyone elses' blood boil? Every time it comes on i cringe as soon as Piers Morgans voice kicks in. Now i never do this, but due to 1/2 a bottle of wine being in my blood-stream and being a bit bored i actually composed and email to M&S protesting it, more for amusement than anything else as i doubt anything will come of it, but anyways the email sums up my feelings:

Why oh why have you decided to ditch the painfully tempting but ultimately effective M&S adverts containing mouth watering shots of gooey chocolate cakes topped off with a soothing sexy voice over in favor of the utterly detestable Piers Morgan? When the old adverts used to come on it was actually rather enjoyable to watch and unlike most adverts these days rather relaxing (apart from the part where i would have to frantically hide my wallet before the aforementioned chocolate pud would appear, as I swear my girlfriend would kill for those, so a little credit card theft wouldn't slow her down), now i am forced to listen to a smarmy half-wit, a guy who is detested by so many (Jeremy Clarkson punched him three times in the face, Hooray!), prattle on about some poncy steak, note that i insulted the product with no first hand experience, if the lovely lady from the previous advert was doing the voice over i would probably have 20 of them in my freezer by now. Every time your advert is aired a shiver runs down my spine, i hunch over in anger as the shrill voice of this mouth-breather 'informs' me of his smug-gittyness, please, please, PLEASE bring back the old adverts.

It is my opinion, and therefore a fact that Piers Morgan is rubbish.

Yours rantingly,
Tim Robson

(sorry if this is the incorrect place to send these complaints, but dear god, something had to be said before i suffer a coronary)

Does it make anyone else want to drown puppies or is it just me?

Soldato
He doesn't fit the advert or company at all, I have no idea why they got him to do the voice-over.
If you didn't know it was M&S, you'd think it was a spoof, he should be on those terrible Morrisons adverts.
I'm even gonna give him a double-rolleyes :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
You are talking about Marks ans Spencer, you have also told other people about Marks and Spencer, seems like a good advert so far.

Usually i'd agree, but today i actually needed to cut through M&S to get to the high street from the shopping center, as i entered the advert popped into my head and i noticed myself getting frustrated just thinking about it. Now i know i have a rather unique hatred for the man, but surely any customer being agitated just from entering your stores because of your adverts makes them a failure? Needless to say, i didn't buy anything while i was in there.

Associate
Agreed. There is a statistic that says something like people are more likely to talk about a bad experience rather than a good one. The fact that you are talking about M&S is indeed effective advertising for them. Did you ever write a letter commending them on their previous mouth watering ads?

Although hooray for sticking it to them :D

Caporegime
Piers Morgan is far from being a half-wit. Granted, he's opinionated, obnoxious, and employs a serf to carry his ego around for him but stupid he is not. I actually quite like him, in that Marmite kind of way. Some days I find him to be the salmon going against the stream and other times I just find him a **** :)

Haven't seen the ads yet but if you're talking about them without being paid then they're doing something right.

Soldato
Agreed. There is a statistic that says something like people are more likely to talk about a bad experience rather than a good one. The fact that you are talking about M&S is indeed effective advertising for them. Did you ever write a letter commending them on their previous mouth watering ads?

Although hooray for sticking it to them :D

I was told ( In my M&S training ) That it's 3 people you will tell for a good experience, 10 for a bad!

Associate
Watched the advert today and i really wasn't listening to the sounds, was too busy salivating at the steak. Although the guy's voice is annoying, ban him.

Caporegime
That email ill be deleted, send it to the advert govering body. Infact send 29 of them from different email address and different names and the advert will be banned and you will have a mention in the paper - score.

Not saw the advert though but I've always disliked M&S adverts.

Back
Top Bottom