The new military landrover replacement "The Hawkei"

Soldato
I love how people jump in to say "It won't stand up to a blast".

Can I ask are you an engineer with experience in blast mechanics? Or have you been given information on the type of materials to be used to build this, the picture there is a design sketch for the newspapers/tender and I do think that before this will be implimented they will be tested to destruction.

KaHn

Well the British army has done the whole armoured car thing in the past and dropped them for APCs, AFVs and helicopters. Its a fools game and am realy suprised that they are still playing it. You don't need to be an engineer to figure out that the more armoured a target the more explosives you use.

Soldato
I've often wondered where they get the explosives from? Do they make them locally or have a way of importing/smuggling them in?

A small high grade explosive booster charge that sets of a large poor grade explosive, fertilizer fuel mix, flour, old shells, failed air strike munitions. They can use all sorts.

Associate
isn't that the Australians with the bush master?

LAND_Bushmaster_Dutch_Damaged_lg.jpg

(wit the storage things on the sides removed to show hull)

Although this thing seems like it's designed for a different role, the ones with the V shaped hull are heavily armoured big and not as fast iirc.

I think this is meant to be more in line with the humvee/landrover

Looks like a giant sized heavily armoured Reliant Robin :)

Soldato
I've often wondered where they get the explosives from? Do they make them locally or have a way of importing/smuggling them in?

The arms manufacturers make the explosives and offensive systems and charge money for it. The arms manufacturers make the defensive systems and charge money for it.

Anyone see the obvious?

Soldato
No they are used for landmines layed as a minefield which are set of by pressure, IEDs are normaly set of by command wire or wirelessly. Some of the smaller more random IED are pressure triggered, a flail would be impratical.

Caporegime
The yanks had a better idea with the one with the V shaped hull for IEDs.

The one with a v-shaped hull is the Bushmaster, which was designed and built in Australia. We use them ourselves, and we also sell them to other countries (including the Yanks).

Australia developed the Bushmaster when it became clear that British Land Rovers were simply not good enough for the job.

Soldato
The one with a v-shaped hull is the Bushmaster, which was designed and built in Australia. We use them ourselves, and we also sell them to other countries (including the Yanks).

Australia developed the Bushmaster when it became clear that British Land Rovers were simply not good enough for the job.

Bit confused are you Australian or do you come from the west midlands?

Don
Man of Honour
I don't know anything about IED's, but can't they just use a flail?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_flail

As the name suggests they are improvised and theres no pattern to the design/build - as above many are remote detonated, but they can use all kinds of trigger mechanisms... if they started using flails regularly the insurgents would just adjust the triggers for a slightly longer delay before detonation.

Back
Top Bottom