The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Soldato
Does anyone know when this is going to start showing up online to buy? Are OCUK getting some in? Do we have any dates? Any prices?

For those who are unaware, the new version is supposedly coming out this month (June 2021) and hopefully puts an end to all of the issues with the old models and will feature the new Samsung mini LED qled tech.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know when this is going to start showing up online to buy? Are OCUK getting some in? Do we have any dates? Any prices?

For those who are unaware, the new version is supposedly coming out this month (June 2021) and hopefully puts an end to all of the issues with the old models and will feature the new Samsung mini LED qled tech.

not a chance in hell it will be out this month I’m afraid. Samsung haven’t event formally announced it and there’s no product page either. I’d expect much later this year, if not 2022

Soldato
OP
I wonder why lots of people keep talking of its imminent arrival this June? Perhaps Samsung originally gave this date at a previous consumer electronics show or something.

Man of Honour
I wonder why lots of people keep talking of its imminent arrival this June? Perhaps Samsung originally gave this date at a previous consumer electronics show or something.
It’s because the original leaked info for the Samsung screen came from Taobao, a Chinese retailer. And they had expected release of June listed. But that was very much a place holder page, now removed I believe. Their dates were never confirmed or firm. They also got in to some trouble about listed specs including use of the non official HDR2000 label!

Soldato
OP
To be honest if either are any more than the current £1000-1200 G9 model I think I'm going to have to pass. I can't justify that much on a monitor. We are becoming too close to 65 inch OLEDs at that money. I wonder which will come first, an OLED between 30-40 inch or these ultra wides.

Man of Honour
To be honest if either are any more than the current £1000-1200 G9 model I think I'm going to have to pass. I can't justify that much on a monitor. We are becoming too close to 65 inch OLEDs at that money. I wonder which will come first, an OLED between 30-40 inch or these ultra wides.
They will def be more than that price I’m afraid. You only have to look at the only available Mini Led screen, the Asus PG32UQX and that’s ~£3k. There are some desktop OLED screens appearing now but similar price. And high refresh rate options won’t be for a while if that’s what you’re after

Associate
What about the new G7 - 32 incher?
Should be 4K with atleast 1000 Nits HDR - from the news from spring!

That acually interesst me, as these super UW is something I will never go for!

Have a CX 55 and we all know how superior OLED is, but I would like a 32 or so microled for desktop - some gaming and work. So a 32 4K would be perfect and 240 hz would be cool!

Soldato
What about the new G7 - 32 incher?
Should be 4K with atleast 1000 Nits HDR - from the news from spring!

That acually interesst me, as these super UW is something I will never go for!

Have a CX 55 and we all know how superior OLED is, but I would like a 32 or so microled for desktop - some gaming and work. So a 32 4K would be perfect and 240 hz would be cool!

I'd buy that as long as it's upscaler worked well as I'd probably run most games at 1440p to get higher framerate

Associate
I'd buy that as long as it's upscaler worked well as I'd probably run most games at 1440p to get higher framerate

Yeah me to so lets hope. But we have the awesome DLSS - pure frikking magic IMHO. And AMD are ln the way with their answer - will work with all vendors, or have the option for it as it's open source. So far what I have seen tho, aint bode well. Looked real ugly and blurry.

Well nVidia are using ML, but AMD's will not.
Annyway I really looking forward to it. All gamea going forward should have tech like these, as all monitors I have seen, doing a ****** job with scaling!

Soldato
I just want a regular UV 3440x1400p VA from Samsung with at least the same response times as the current g7 and proper HDR. Not that silly G5 they have right now. Ohh and make it 35" instead of 34" and no scanlines too.. that would be very nice :)

Associate
I'm really interested to see how Samsung controls that 2,000 zone FALD without a G-Sync Ultimate module. Making a FALD work near instantaneous with a fast moving gaming image is no small feat.

As far as I'm aware, Samsung has never been able to do it on their FALD TV sets. (The FALD basically gets disabled in "game" modes).

Associate
I'm literally working off a tablet monitor while I wait for this. my PC is offline until I get a new monitor and can't get anything on this.

Knowing my luck I'll get the 2020 version and it'll launch just out of my return policy

Soldato
OP
I've bit on the current model. For anyone interested, there is a cracking deal on today if you search online. £855.85 delivered free next day delivery including a free Samsung 1TB portable SSD. I can't wait any longer and reckon the new one will be £1500.

Associate
I've bit on the current model. For anyone interested, there is a cracking deal on today if you search online. £855.85 delivered free next day delivery including a free Samsung 1TB portable SSD. I can't wait any longer and reckon the new one will be £1500.

I read theres an issue with the current model and images with small diagonal lines.

I have the 2019 model and it doesn't handle it well

Back
Top Bottom