The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Associate
At £2700 these units would need to be absolutely perfect or every single one of them will be getting returned!

Even that would make it over £1400 G9 release price of £1279, bonkers! Features must have to be mind blowing to upgrade, lol we shall see though.

Soldato
OP
Wowzers. A lot of you guys were right then! Jeez that's a high price. I think this will flop. Nobody will spend that on a niche monitor with a poor QC record. Like ever. I mean, the occasional youtuber or rich person might but come on... hardly any. I'm glad I risked it and went for the G9 for a very good price in the end. It's going to come out around £700 for me. Mine seems to be perfect ish. Tiny bit of bleed in a dark room which I find acceptable given the flaws inherent with LCD.

What a shame.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

What a massive disappointment at the price, Samsung are a joke - $2700 is just utterly insane for a monitor, especially when the last gen one was literally half the price when it was brand new

Caporegime
What a massive disappointment at the price, Samsung are a joke - $2700 is just utterly insane for a monitor, especially when the last gen one was literally half the price when it was brand new
Could it be that panel yields are actually quite low with a relatively high defect rate?

Soldato
48" OLED TV it is then. Maybe the monitor industry will wake up one day and give us decent value, I don't like being ripped off.

Associate
I suspect it's down to economies of scale with manufacturing. TVs are made in much higher numbers etc. But, ultimately you're right - waaaay too much for a monitor.
The lines are getting very blurred now between the two with smaller oleds on the way and them supporting hdmi 2.1, gsync etc. Doubt it'll be too long before there is no distinction. Better for us all!

Although I'm really torn on an ultrawide vs traditional ratio...

Associate
Jeez. I had the odyssey g9.. bought it for £900 and the QC issues were bad, ended up selling it for £800. I can't imagine spending £2700 on this.. closest I've got is the acer x27 for £1500.

Plus Samsung are not great for warranty. Yes they arrange it for you and it's pretty smooth on that front but usually only give 1 year and it's done by a third party company who can take a while and end up sending you the same one back saying they could not find the issue.. -.-. never again am I spending more than £600 on a monitor.

Back
Top Bottom