The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Associate
None of those items are important to most buyers. It’s the the mini led lighting zones that are.

Well, it's important to quite a few people, me included. You may have different priorities on your shopping list, but I imagine that for a lot of people with a screen this size they want something that can do everything.
With a few tweaks, this could literally be the one screen to rule them all.

Associate
Well, it's important to quite a few people, me included. You may have different priorities on your shopping list, but I imagine that for a lot of people with a screen this size they want something that can do everything.
With a few tweaks, this could literally be the one screen to rule them all.
I’m sorry didn’t mean it that way. Just meant it’s not a deal breaker :rolleyes:

Associate
Yikes that HU review showed some big flaws. It doesn't break 1000 nits in HDR under most circumstances, and the color volume is WAY below my PG32. That's some large trade-offs to go all the way down to tiny 1440p.

Not sure if I'm going to purchase with the hope of a firmware to fix the problems. May cancel pre-order.

Associate
Think you got 10% off.. not 20. That's the max discount Samsung do for this monitor.

you’re right! Probably a good thing I didn’t notice in the should I, shouldn’t I conversation I had with myself while ordering.

I’ll still tell the other half it was 20%

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Shows the mini-led backlight is far superior - good stuff.

Just the whole EOTF curve issue that the HUB review discovered, need a FW update to fix that and then sorted.

Yeah this is what im waiting on atm. Everything else about it looks great, black levels are fantastic.

Associate
Also wonder if it will have the same creaking issues as the plastic casing heats/cools?

Looks like it may have gone now, one of the youtubers had it for a week now and he said he didn't hear any creaks or pops. That's one of the main issue that bugs me so much with the current G9. I would have kept it if it's not for that, it started popping on day 2.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Video comparing the Neo G9 to the LG OLED C1, quite amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXiCCIdfkvs

You can almost argue that sometimes the OLED levels of black are in fact too dark and dont always show what you need it to. For example at 12 seconds in the video, the OLED clothing you cant even really make out what it is, whereas on the miniLED it looks how its supposed to

Associate

You can almost argue that sometimes the OLED levels of black are in fact too dark and dont always show what you need it to. For example at 12 seconds in the video, the OLED clothing you cant even really make out what it is, whereas on the miniLED it looks how its supposed to

OLED looks better in this side by side. It's doing true black. More natural colours too. Still impressive from the Mini Led though!

Associate

The "too dark near black" is a known problem with OLED. The voltage required for that low of near-black pixel brightness is very hard to get right, so shadow details and near black stuff doesn't turn out so good. I noticed this when I had my PG32UQX right next to my 48CX OLED, the PG32 looked quite a bit better in near-black/dark scene detail.

Associate
anyone who preordered expecting delivery tomorrow, tracking still shows preparing for dispatch even though stated would be delivered for the 9th. im aware some people also received delay emails from samsung too but just being hopeful

Associate
anyone who preordered expecting delivery tomorrow, tracking still shows preparing for dispatch even though stated would be delivered for the 9th. im aware some people also received delay emails from samsung too but just being hopeful
I doubt it will come tomorrow. Mine says preparing for dispatch too. I think it would have already been dispatched by now if it was coming tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom