The New Stargate Universe Thread

Permabanned
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS SHOWS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED IN THE UK YET!!!

For those who don't know, airtime over here is Tuesday at 8 o'clock which means discussion of the newest episode probably won't be tolerated until after 9 o'clock.

Now with that over.

Who's enjoying the show?

I thinks its pretty good, its starting off slowly, i feel as if they need to add a common enemy (wraith etc), but its still early.

I like there flashbacks to show peoples past history, gives the characters more depth.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's this, thread number three? I give it a week until people start falling into old habits and talking about the latest episode.

For those who don't know, airtime over here is Tuesday at 8 o'clock which means discussion of the newest episode probably won't be tolerated until after 9 o'clock.

So far it's a bit meh. I think the main problem is they are overstretching the stories, for example Air would have probably made a better two parter and I've a funny feeling that Darkness/Light would have made a good single episode considering how weak Darkness was during the middle of the episode.

@ Teki, was going to make a very similar thread myself, might be a good idea to post the airtime in big writing with flashy lights ( possibly some form of whacking device as well to get people's attention ) in the op.

Soldato
A good watch all the same, but with each episode they keep digging the whole drama and mistrust hole deeper and deeper, not a fan of soap opera in space. Sure it adds to it, but there going over the top with it

I get the feeling it's going to hold the show back a little if it continues, if they'd have applied the same formula to sg1/atlantis, the shows wouldn't have been half as fun.

Weekly scfi show though, ill continue watching reguardless, i like the whole accient thing, good fix.

Soldato
As I said in previous threads, I'm liking it - but not 100 percent sure of its direction yet.

I think it will be at least mid season till we really know what's going on. I will reserve any real judgements to then I think.

Associate
Overall I'm liking it so far. Slow but has a fair bit of scope to develop.

With such a small cast on the ship I'm surprised they killed off Shooter McGavin so soon.

What was with the small space ship which speed off at the end of the (2nd?) episode?

Caporegime
What was with the small space ship which speed off at the end of the (2nd?) episode?

I'm speculating that the small space ship was the bad guys in SGU who we'll find out more about later. Always have good bad guys in Stargate franchises - Go'uld, Wraith, Ori - and Destiny has taken a hell of a beating from someone/something that's a match for erm ... ancient Ancient technology.

Also, there's still the issue of those locked planets and the two SG bods who went off there, which coincided with that ship spying on Destiny. Could it be that the bad guys and Destiny's AI came up with a truce that has now been violated by two humans going to a locked planet?

I was under the impression thats the shuttle with the senator in it, what are they going to do, have him sat there throughout the series!? I'd have thought that sealing off the shuttle allows them to jettison it and the ship can seal off the leak properly.

Caporegime
I was under the impression thats the shuttle with the senator in it, what are they going to do, have him sat there throughout the series!? I'd have thought that sealing off the shuttle allows them to jettison it and the ship can seal off the leak properly.

Nah in ep3 they said they still have to do something about the senator's body, so I assume it's still just there, frozen in the vacuum. Besides, who is going to fly the shuttle? ;)

Associate
Its not the shuttle.

I'm sure the question of what they are going to do with the body is raised in ep3 but as there are more pressing issues and he's not going anywhere it is concluded it can wait.

Associate
That little probe/ship thingie is not the shuttle. It detached from the hull of the ship, not where the shuttles were clearly shown to be docked. It was also clearly of a different design :S.

They can't do anything about the Senators body atm for various reasons that have been mentioned so far.

Im liking the show so far and tbh its only a few episodes in. Going back to look at SG1/Atlantis in their first few episodes and they weren't anything special. Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes.

The major thing that i don't like is all of the back and forth talking to relatives. I really don't want it to turn into a soap opera.

Caporegime
perhaps the escape/boarding pod was from those aliens with the X or cross whatever it was on there ships from the atlantis episode where the atlantean ship was skipping through time.

they could introduce a new enemy that we have seen before but no very little about

Back
Top Bottom