The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Firstly, please read the below rules, they are very important:

1. These threads are for: tactical/player discussion inbetween weekend matchday threads, injury news, contract renewals, manager press conferences, and general minor news about your club that may not warrant its own thread. Anything that's not regarded as a minor news story must go in it's own thread.

2. No Spoilers! Please keep any discussion about weekend fixtures to the relevant matchday threads, at least until MOTD has been shown.

3. All transfer talk should be discussed in the dedicated transfers threads. Small rumours, signing of youth players etc outside the transfer window when the transfer threads aren't open are fine.

4. As per forum rules, keep it civil, supporters of any team are welcome to post in all club threads. If you have a problem with a post, RTM it. Trolling or accusations of trolling will not be tolerated.

While all the rules must be listened to, take particular care of the rule regarding spoilers. Any mention of the result or performance, even hinting at it, prior to MOTD will result in a suspension.

HS2pv2e_zpsx19fgfes.gif

Let's spank this poverty league. Where you at Fulax and newts?

Soldato
At least there's still 3 of us around when we are back down in the doldrums :p

I've been impressed with the signings so far, we need a new CB and another CM mind. Rumours that Streete will be making the first team this year as RB, apparently Rafa hadn't been letting him leave on loan.

Associate
Count me in!

Lets hope Sissoko's performance last night makes him worth a silly amount of money so we can finally sell this useless player for an over inflated fee.

Hoping to see plenty of Ayoze Perez next season (if he stays) and good to see Jesus is finally a magpie. How can Newcastle NOT finish top this season?

Which player do you lot think will be the stand out one this season?

Soldato
Really like the new strip and love the way Raffa is ripping the club apart from on field and off to rebuild.
Where do you belong?

A friend of mine is a toon fan, and very much isn't happy with mid-table finishes. So where do you think you should you be?

At lest trying for success...... How many times where we bummed out of the cups at the early stages form fielding weaken teams?

We are still one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world and that's with us being run like a shambles.

How many times have we finished midtable over the past few years?

Since we got back into the premiership I can remember 3 relegation battles

Soldato
Where do you belong?

A friend of mine is a toon fan, and very much isn't happy with mid-table finishes. So where do you think you should you be?

Mid table premier league side who focuses on going for a cup every year and I would be extremely happy. Without a mega bucks owner we will never be a top club again unless we somehow pull a Leicster :p

Anyone know much about that Hayden lad we've signed?

Soldato
Good luck Geordie funsters :) don't take too long getting back up. Even though I'm a smoggie I want you back making the NE a hot bed again with the 3 teams in the top flight

Soldato
Was anyone at the game this afternoon?

Looks like we've had a strong pre-season run. The new signings seem fairly good and although we've lost a few decent players, we've also cut a lot of the chaff.

I'm optimistic for the coming season, hoping we can do even better than the last time we were in the Championship.

Soldato
I tend not to follow pre-season, but yes, it does look like we've been doing reasonably well.

I'm happy with the signings we've made - quite a few players who'll be up for a long battle and who have experience at this level. We really lacked experience last season (due to the buy-to-resell transfer policy) so it's good to see Rafa changing things. Hopefully someone will come in for Sissoko and Thauvin then we can use those funds to get a couple more in.

Is there any indication of whether Armstrong will be loaned out or stay?

Soldato
Apparently they have an agreement with Coventry that if pre-season goes well he stays, if Rafa isn't convinced he goes on loan to them again. Considering Rafa has hardly gave him a minute I expect to see him off.

Back
Top Bottom