The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
You guys need an easy half dozen players and, sadly, I don't think Chris Wood was a good choice. You should be getting players coming to the end of their contracts or available on loan. maybe look to MLS for a couple of decent players on loan too.
No argument there from me, there is not 1 player (with the exception possibly of trippier) that should be in that starting 11, the whole team needs replaced TBH. People will point to ASM and Wilson but ASM is absolutely infuriating and 1 moment of brilliance every 4-5 games isn’t enough to cover up the massive short comings and Wilson is made of glass and your lucky to get half a season out of him.

Soldato
Yeah it's looking really bleak atm, one of the highest amounts of points lost from leading positions and cannot keep a clean sheet for love nor money.

Can't beat surrounding teams involved in relegation and the transfers on the horizon are not looking promising!

Should Watford beat Burnley and Norwich, I think you'll be relying on a miracle.

Don
So Ashley is taking Staveley to court, demanding the immediate return of the £10m he loaned her after she breached their agreement. Are Newcastle fans still supportive of Ashley's legal action now? :p

In other news, Newcastle are off on a warm weather training camp to Saudi soon. Any idea if they'll be visiting Deera Square?

Soldato
So Ashley is taking Staveley to court, demanding the immediate return of the £10m he loaned her after she breached their agreement. Are Newcastle fans still supportive of Ashley's legal action now? :p

In other news, Newcastle are off on a warm weather training camp to Saudi soon. Any idea if they'll be visiting Deera Square?

Well thats one place i wish i didnt google...

Soldato

Always going to happen, fully expecting to see 3-4 preseason games over there, with massive fees charged by the club to play there, got to get round FFP somehow, especially after the massive drop in income after relegation

Soldato
Fees for preseason games/tours are recorded as commercial deals and will therefore be discounted to market value.
Yeah, but it’s something like advertising sponsorship that unlike other clubs we have never gained proper income from due to the parasite(we normally play in places like York as it saves on airline tickets) and we need to generate as much money as possible when we go down to lessen the hit from the loss of the PL money

Soldato
Burn I believe has been used as a LB for Brighton, so less aerial challenges to make.

Ah, fair enough. Percentage though, seems odd.

Other stats compare well which is good to see. I have gone off Lascelles over the past few seasons so to me we are overdue replacing him anyway.

Soldato
Very happy with our windows. Two star signings and improvement in most areas. In the hardest transfer window.

Botman, Carlos and Lingard all wanted to come but their clubs refused. Wasn't about the fees offered also as all the chairman said good offers have been made just bad timing.

Hopefully we stop dropping points from wining positions. 21 points dropped and I believe 13 in the last 10mins.

Soldato
Very happy with our windows. Two star signings and improvement in most areas. In the hardest transfer window.
Who are the 2 star signings? I would say Bruno Guimaraes appears to be very decent, but the other 4 are typical bottom of the table deals for me - hell I think Burnley flogging Wood to you for 25 million and getting Weghorst in for half that is a much better deal than anything you guys did.

Soldato
Who are the 2 star signings? I would say Bruno Guimaraes appears to be very decent, but the other 4 are typical bottom of the table deals for me - hell I think Burnley flogging Wood to you for 25 million and getting Weghorst in for half that is a much better deal than anything you guys did.

I would probably think he's referring to Trippier and Bruno.

Pet Northerner
Don

Botman, Carlos and Lingard all wanted to come but their clubs refused. Wasn't about the fees offered also as all the chairman said good offers have been made just bad timing.

Hopefully we stop dropping points from wining positions. 21 points dropped and I believe 13 in the last 10mins.

Agreed.

shoring up the defence and getting a player who'll hopefully help transition from defence to attack should ease pressure on the defensive duties of our front 3 which in turn should help them do what they should do best.

Rather this than 2 great attackers.

Soldato

TBH I’m disappointed, we haven’t addressed the fact that we have next to no pace in our team

Back
Top Bottom