The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
I think the Newcastle fans I hang around with are being fairly realistic and accepting of the situation.

They're expecting to finish top 10, maybe 8 with a couple of signings, top 6 would an outstanding season, but see that as progress and the most sustainable and sensible approach.

Pet Northerner
Don
I think the Newcastle fans I hang around with are being fairly realistic and accepting of the situation.

They're expecting to finish top 10, maybe 8 with a couple of signings, top 6 would an outstanding season, but see that as progress and the most sustainable and sensible approach.

Yeah, me and my friends are of the same opinion (although we're hanging onto a decent cup run :p ).

#nufc on twitter just brings out all the nuts "fans" who think that the new owners spending 160M in two windows is "poor". Honestly you'd think they'd forgotten the past 14 years or so.

Soldato
A lot hinges on Wilson staying injury free and/or getting another goalscorer in.

Wood was a decent tactical signing at the time, but he's not going to fire you to the upper reaches if Wilson does fold like wet cardboard after 3 games.

Soldato
One thing I really don't like atm is ASM. Feel like no one is on his wave length and not many ever will be. He's defo not a.team player that Howe will want long term, feel we would benefit more offloading him and re investing the cash.

All the lads at work have been hoping for a top 8-10 finish and a cup run. I'd be well happy with that.

Soldato
Well at least we should finish well above UTD this season hahahhah

Getting a bit late in the window to sell Maxi now unless Chelsea want to do some trades.

He still has a huge influence on our results and their's no back up.

Soldato
10th and a cup run would be amazing, frankly. Got to be realistic about these things.

Finishing ~12th but delivering investment in the structure of the club, training facilities, stadium and commercial operations would frankly be a great result although I'd expect some of the nutter fans to complain about not spending more or challenging for Europe.

I just hope they refurb the Platinum club so I can get a pint quicker and don't have to look at kettle leads hanging from the ceiling. :p

Soldato
10th and a cup run would be amazing, frankly. Got to be realistic about these things.

Finishing ~12th but delivering investment in the structure of the club, training facilities, stadium and commercial operations would frankly be a great result although I'd expect some of the nutter fans to complain about not spending more or challenging for Europe.

I just hope they refurb the Platinum club so I can get a pint quicker and don't have to look at kettle leads hanging from the ceiling. :p
Absolutely this^^^, I would be over the moon if we finished best of the rest, but top 10 with a cup run is where we should be aiming

Soldato
I'd just like one more strong attacking signing, else I think we may struggle to create if we hit a few injuries
We struggle a bit when the team fully fit :)

Wilson one of the best strikers in the league when fit. So we need back up who's not Chris Wood or just a better plan B.

RW and CAM would be more of a priority for me.

Be interesting to see if we get any Chelsea players after Amanda and her Hubby was invited to their game at the weekend.

Associate
It's been a year!! Cans tonight :D

Thoughts on the first year?

I'm still smiling, happy with the way things are going, we're playing well, going after teams, picking up some quality players. Still lots of room for improvement, but I no longer have a sense of dread when I look at the bottom of the table.

Might be hopeless naivety on my part, but I can only see us going one way at this point.

Edit: Open letter from Yasir Al-Rumayyan

kjZHkAj.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been a year!! Cans tonight :D

Thoughts on the first year?

I'm still smiling, happy with the way things are going, we're playing well, going after teams, picking up some quality players. Still lots of room for improvement, but I no longer have a sense of dread when I look at the bottom of the table.

Might be hopeless naivety on my part, but I can only see us going one way at this point.

Edit: Open letter from Yasir Al-Rumayyan

kjZHkAj.jpg.png
Good progress so far. Good starting 11, poor back ups to them. Finishing somewhere between 7 and 10 would represent a great season IMO. Playing some pretty decent football although have struggled to break teams down at home when missing key players to unlock a few doors. I think they find it easier away from home bizarrely Although I’m confident of a win tomorrow.

Obviously I’ve not been this season but atmosphere looks electric, I’m back at Christmas and going to struggle to get a ticket. Last few times I’ve been back you couldn’t give them away and most of my old match crew had jacked it in, fed up with the club. New regime have to take credit for that but it’s not that hard to fill that ground in such a one horse town. Just got to show a little ambition and the fans do the rest although as usual they get a little too carried away at times.

They really need to work on expanding commercial revenue to avoid being hamstrung by FFP But I’m sure they don’t need me to point that out and the right plans are being put in place. Let’s just hope we can continue to see improvements everywhere at the club, results are maintained, the excitement remains and we keep the blinkers on in regards to what the clubs owners are up to elsewhere in the world!

Soldato
Hearing rumours St.James expansion has been giving the go ahead.

Gallowgate and Strawberry corner.
A development of that nature has to go through extensive planning approvals including a lengthy public consultation process where adjoining owners will have a say on how they think the development would impact them. The design scheme would be in the public realm, on the council website so the community could have some input. Even you next door neighbour extending his garage has to do the same, regardless of who owns the land.
It doesn’t happen overnight and it definitely doesn’t happen in secret. It would be a fact and public knowledge. It wouldn’t be a rumour on a message board or leaked by some little weirdo like Adam P on YouTube.

Soldato
A development of that nature has to go through extensive planning approvals including a lengthy public consultation process where adjoining owners will have a say on how they think the development would impact them. The design scheme would be in the public realm, on the council website so the community could have some input. Even you next door neighbour extending his garage has to do the same, regardless of who owns the land.
It doesn’t happen overnight and it definitely doesn’t happen in secret. It would be a fact and public knowledge. It wouldn’t be a rumour on a message board or leaked by some little weirdo like Adam P on YouTube.
Yes.

But the club have been on talks with the council since before the take over wh their plans etc Heck they moved the builders in on the training ground days before full approval was given and started ground works.

Should hopefully expect to see full planing permission to be applied for soon. There's one or two local groups that have to be involved also.

The ownership have said recently they are ready to start investing again in the club and the wider area. "Phase two"

Turning Newcastle from a 300m investment to a 3.5billion one.

Strawberry Place Newcastle Limited company has filed new information. (Solvency)

Last edited:
Associate
I thought that expanding the Gallowgate side was going to be an issue because our previous owner had sold the land next to the stadium.

Just been looking into it, and it seems the developers who bought the land haven't had a great deal of luck. What a shame! :(:p

Soldato
Don’t believe burnsy mate, he’s known for talking *****
Hah for sure. Just adding a few things up myself. The rumours do have legs.

Mehrdad recent interviews constant contact with the council. "Cathedral On the Hill"

Yasir al Rumayyan said more investment in the area and club is incoming. (He also said an unnamed club was trying to sell 30% to them before they looked at Newcastle.)

Back
Top Bottom