The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Caporegime
Have the last few been dross? The last one yes but Predators was really good. I'd certainly put it above all but the original probably (and I've watched them very recently)

Caporegime
What is the weakness shown by Dutch in Predator?

That he wasn't as strong as the Predator, so therefore changed tactics to defeat it? His weakness was his he wasn't strong enough. Or am I remembering the movie wrong, it's been a while. Very much like the original Mulan, where she wasn't as strong therefore used different tactics to help balance the playing field.

Caporegime
That he wasn't as strong as the Predator, so therefore changed tactics to defeat it? His weakness was his he wasn't strong enough. Or am I remembering the movie wrong, it's been a while. Very much like the original Mulan, where she wasn't as strong therefore used different tactics to help balance the playing field.
Outsmarting a physically stronger opponent is a character strength not a weakness...

Caporegime
Have the last few been dross? The last one yes but Predators was really good. I'd certainly put it above all but the original probably (and I've watched them very recently)

Predators could have done with a part 2, it was set up for one but they just seemed to dismiss it despite it doing reasonably well on a comparatively smaller budget

Caporegime
Outsmarting a physically stronger opponent is a character strength not a weakness...

Not being strong enough to go 1 on 1 with an enemy isn't a weakness? You make up a weakness by utilising a strength. Surely?

What was Ridley's weakness in Alien? Did she have none, I'm pretty sure it was her physical strength. Her strength being her resilience, intelligence etc.

Caporegime
Not being strong enough to go 1 on 1 with an enemy isn't a weakness? You make up a weakness by utilising a strength. Surely?

What was Ridley's weakness in Alien? Did she have none, I'm pretty sure it was her physical strength. Her strength being her resilience, intelligence etc.
Dutch was hardly a physically weak character, for a human he was strong and then when he came up against a different creature that was naturally stronger he outsmarted him instead. So not only was he physically strong for a human, he was also smart too. These aren't weaknesses. A weakness is say Ridley in Aliens where she struggles with PTSD around the events of the first movie and it affects her ability to function. Ultimately she shows strength in overcoming it to help Newt. In the first Alien I'd say Ripley doesn't really have many weaknesses, most of the 'threat' to her comes from external factors such as lack of resources (no real weapons on board) and unreliable allies. She shows smart judgement throughout and is one of the few that shows wariness of the alien from step 1.

Caporegime
Dutch was hardly a physically weak character, for a human he was strong and then when he came up against a different creature that was naturally stronger he outsmarted him instead. So not only was he physically strong for a human, he was also smart too. These aren't weaknesses. A weakness is say Ridley in Aliens where she struggles with PTSD around the events of the first movie and it affects her ability to function. Ultimately she shows strength in overcoming it to help Newt. In the first Alien I'd say Ripley doesn't really have many weaknesses, most of the 'threat' to her comes from external factors such as lack of resources (no real weapons on board) and unreliable allies. She shows smart judgement throughout and is one of the few that shows wariness of the alien from step 1.

In full agreement, but the fear always exists that if Dutch gets caught - he is getting ripped to pieces. Which makes the movie what it is, a good action move with the main character being in serious danger. It's why it raises the HR, and you don't just assume he will win. Same scenario in Alien, seeing as their both very similar movies really.

Movies where there is no weakness at all, that fear or connection with the main character is gone.

Permabanned
There hasn't been a good one since predator 2, I remember getting that on VHS lol.. AVP was alright I guess but only as a spin off.

Predators is ok but I rate Brody as an actor anyway.

The games are good tho lol.. love the abilities of Predator, heat seeking and plasma gun etc.

Soldato
In the first movie Dutch is literally running for his life. He has no plan to try and take on whatever the hell is hunting him and his team, once they all get slaughtered. It's only when he realises the predator cannot see him due to the mud that he realises he might just be able to pull this off.

Soldato
The 1st predator is a perfect action movie and one I'd my top 3 favourite films ever. The 2nd one is also a decent watch. There have been no more predator films made since so I dunno what you lot are talking about :D

As to how Dutch wins, it's a combination of luck (being covered in mud), intelligence (realising modern weapons are useless) and the predators overconfidence in its abilities.

This could be decent if they follow the comic it's based on, but it's modern Hollywood so they won't and it'll be ****.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
That would be a good one. I reckon the hand spike thing predators have would make it interesting, plus they go invisible.

Oh this is rabbit hole.... Space marine loses his helmet the odds drop :) but he would still stomp a predator.

Talking of the comics its based on can anyone recommend one with more lore background on the predators ?

Soldato
Oh this is rabbit hole.... Space marine loses his helmet the odds drop :) but he would still stomp a predator.

Talking of the comics its based on can anyone recommend one with more lore background on the predators ?
Don't some space marines choose to not wear a helmet? This is now going to turn into a proper nerd thread :cry: .

Back
Top Bottom