The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Permabanned
The predator design bugged me big time, its like they took the main bad guy predator from the movie predators, made him a bit more fugly and stretched out the torso to put abs on it. The movie was good but not a fan of how the predator looked.

The tech was also a bit odd i thought, they have starships, cloaking devices, laser aiming systems, yet the shoulder cannon in this only fired small arrows? Didn't like the look of the helmet either for that matter.
I thought he looked odd at first thinking about it him wearing a skull mask was interesting because predator is a trophy hunter. Him actually wearing his trophies makes him seem more formidable.

remember that this was 300 years ago, it was a less evolved predator than the ones you're used to.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Wow very decent reviews, will try and watch tonight

It's excellent probably 2nd to the original. I personally have a soft spot for Predators.(Adrien Brody) movie.

Did the Predator looked like he was different species. Looked like the bigger more powerful sub species from the Predators movie

Commissario
The predator design bugged me big time, its like they took the main bad guy predator from the movie predators, made him a bit more fugly and stretched out the torso to put abs on it. The movie was good but not a fan of how the predator looked.

The tech was also a bit odd i thought, they have starships, cloaking devices, laser aiming systems, yet the shoulder cannon in this only fired small arrows? Didn't like the look of the helmet either for that matter.
They're meant to be a species that takes their hunting ability as possibly their biggest point of pride.

I don't think it's that they don't have the tech, given they've been shown to have been doing this for hundreds/thousands of years (IIRC in AVP it's indicated they've been hunting on earth for something like 5k years), but that they like to have an element of risk in their hunts.
From what I can remember from the various films, comics and books as it's meant to be a test of skill their equipment is adjusted for the occasion, for example the shoulder gun in Predator isn't that much more advanced than the shoulder spear things in Prey (if anything the shoulder spears are arguably more advanced, they're guided reusable micro missiles*) but the spear things are more limited in that you only get 3 shots then you have to retrieve them, so the spear things may be considered "fair" against an enemy that can only use a distance weapon every few seconds, in the same way that human hunters tend to consider it to be skilled to kill a deer with one round.

*My first thought on seeing them was Knife Drone from Iain M Banks' Culture books (small offensive/defensive AI controlled drones, often literally looking like a knife or similar, able to use it's own body offensively and usually armed with other weapons such as micro missiles).

Soldato
It's better than expected but the ending is far-fetched, to say the least.

Did the Predator looked like he was different species. Looked like the bigger more powerful sub species from the Predators movie
Probably or lack of continuity, it knocked out a grizzly bear with one punch and then picked it up like it wasn't anything.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very average which means it was better than I expected, no way near predator 2 let alone 1

Questionable script, acting and CGI. The dog was the best actor, it was reasonable mindless fun for 90 minutes.

Easily the best bit of the film was the French guys getting offed in different ways
:p

Soldato
That was............

Fantastic.

Easily the best Predator film since the first one.

I believe a fair few people will be eating humble pie on this one.

Who would have ever thought Pocahontas vs Predator would be one of the best movies I've watched this year.

Back
Top Bottom