The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Soldato
OP
Critical Drinkers full review - he rates it about the same as myself (5-6/10 worth a watch) and picks up on most of the same stuff I found but for a few aspects we widely differ in opinion.

As to why people care, he reviews films, his opinion is similar to a lot of peoples, people like being told when they agree with someone, it's really not that difficult to understand unless you're a 1 brain-cell manlet whose post is more of attack on a person they don't like rather than someone wanting an actual discussion, but thats just like, my opinion man.

Soldato
What makes you think that people need them to form their opinion for them? Have you considered that maybe they're just interested in their take on it, much like we operate on this very forum?

Great if they do, but why do those people think we want to hear about it here? I'll stick with the spirit of my post above, why is his opinion of any more import than anyone here for example?

Soldato
Great, why do those people think we want to hear about it here?
Because there are other people here that also like the youtuber in question? I assume you're referring to Drinker.
When you say 'we', you mean you. Not sure why it bothers you so much, or why you're acting like the forum should revolve around your personal tastes.

Soldato
Because there are other people here that also like the youtuber in question? I assume you're referring to Drinker.
When you say 'we', you mean you. Not sure why it bothers you so much, or why you're acting like the forum should revolve around your personal tastes.
I'm not bothered, I just think he's a *******. If everyone wants to talk about him I'm sure they will continue.

Soldato
Great if they do, but why do those people think we want to hear about it here? I'll stick with the spirit of my post above, why is his opinion of any more import than anyone here for example?
Missed your edit.

I don't believe anyone has said or implied that his opinion is any more important than anyone here (or that they need him to tell them what their opinion should be). They just find him interesting and entertaining and look forward to his take on things. You don't, and that's fine.
You're letting your personal dislike of him skew your logic here IMO.

Soldato
Pretty much my take on it.

It's less of a problem when it's a streaming release, but overvalued reviewer opinions can actually break a move at the box office. Given this was a pretty good movie, I'd like it to get a follow up.

Soldato
Or.

He doesn't really have an opinion of his own because he makes too much money ******** on Disney/woke/Mary Sue etc talking points and it backfired a bit here.
He does pull away from the Geeks and Gamer crowd in that respect. You said the magic word "Disney" and what they did to Gina this film was up against it.

An example that he doesn't follow that group would be Peacemaker.

That crowd was already starting to roll with Mary Sue, best female ever etc but he shot that straight down in his review.

He is very insightful on scripts and better than most paid media critics. They are paid so no different than youtubers tailoring their content to their audience. They are both sides of a coin. You are only kidding yourself otherwise.

He did surprise me here actually saying its half decent which bought up some valid points.

I miss Barry Norman hah

Soldato
He does pull away from the Geeks and Gamer crowd in that respect. You said the magic word "Disney" and what they did to Gina this film was up against it.

That crowd was already starting to roll with Mary Sue, best female ever etc but he shot that straight down in his review.

He is very insightful on scripts and better than most paid media critics. They are paid so no different than youtubers tailoring their content to their audience. They are both sides of a coin. You are only kidding yourself otherwise.

He did surprise me here actually saying its half decent which bought up some valid points.

I miss Barry Norman hah
Back to 92

Soldato
I skimmed through his Dr strange 2 review and realised he didnt know it research much about marvel. He said something to the effect like who are the illuminati or they're wannabe avengers

Moronic statement. Saying that, Dr strange 2 was trash.

Caporegime
Disney seems to have quite quickly moved into a range of content not traditionally Disney fare.

They own 20th century Fox and Hulu.

Plenty of projects like Prey were commissioned before the takeover. Prey was given the green light in 2018, a year before Disney took over.

Anyway, here's some YouTubers that do have their own opinion and dont chase cash (IMO) that I can respect, even when their opinions on movies differ to mine.

Soldato
Heard great things...not sure entirely why it's on a platform (Disney)that said originally no above pg content to be shown.
Disney seems to have quite quickly moved into a range of content not traditionally Disney fare.

Disney have made a lot of adult content for a long time and bought up other smaller studios that do the same - Miramax for example has been in the Disney stable for over a decade and they're well known for Tarantino movies and the like.

They just ensure that they don't distribute or do adult violent/sexual content directly under the Disney banner - even on D+ it's mainly in the Star category which is their Hulu and 20th Century content from the takeover.

Soldato

I miss Barry Norman hah
LMFAO.....no...just no...he is not.

Back
Top Bottom