The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Did you guys find the service in Portugal pretty terrible 99% of the time? I think in a week we walked out of 2-3 places (lunch, when it wasn't so hard to find alternatives admittedly) bceause they were sooooo slow. They'd seat you and not come back for 15mins. Especially at lunchtime when you're gasping for that first holiday-lunch-beer.. it did my head in! And these weren't terrible touristy places, we walked out of the most recommended place in LX Factory (hipster central) for example. There were other examples but I've forgotten -- but yeah the service even in the good places was generally terrible :o

EDIT: I remember turning up for an aperitif 15mins before our table at a restaurant/bar. We got sent to the outside bar and had about 10mins before our booking, told the barman that, he was like "ah it's ok no worries" so we ordered and waited. And waited... and waited whilst he went over to the group of 8 (!!) that followed us in and proceeded to spend 10mins talking to them and (badly) taking their order.. all before he even went to make our drinks. :confused:

Caporegime
Did you guys find the service in Portugal pretty terrible 99% of the time? I think in a week we walked out of 2-3 places (lunch, when it wasn't so hard to find alternatives admittedly) bceause they were sooooo slow. They'd seat you and not come back for 15mins. Especially at lunchtime when you're gasping for that first holiday-lunch-beer.. it did my head in! And these weren't terrible touristy places, we walked out of the most recommended place in LX Factory (hipster central) for example. There were other examples but I've forgotten -- but yeah the service even in the good places was generally terrible :o

EDIT: I remember turning up for an aperitif 15mins before our table at a restaurant/bar. We got sent to the outside bar and had about 10mins before our booking, told the barman that, he was like "ah it's ok no worries" so we ordered and waited. And waited... and waited whilst he went over to the group of 8 (!!) that followed us in and proceeded to spend 10mins talking to them and (badly) taking their order.. all before he even went to make our drinks. :confused:

I can't say I had that experience.

The closest I got was when I asked for the bill the waiter nodded but after 5mins still not returned and he was at the next table taking orders. So I waved down another waitress for the bill instead which came instantly.

To be fair, 2 meals I had was in TimeOut Market which is self service, I went to 2 fast food places which were also self service. Technically only had a sit down meal 3 times?

Btw, I will post some photos later.

Soldato
Gorgeous! :)
looks good :)

Did the tatas cook under the pork? sounds nice idea

Cheers chaps! It was very nice. Plenty of pork leftover, cooked some stuffing on the side so I can have pork and stuffing rolls today. :cool:

Yes Rotty, it was a bit of an experiment to put the potatoes under the pork. They cooked fine and took on some of the colour but they didn't crisp up or anything which was a bit of a shame. Probably too low a temperature as the pork and everything was cooking at 180. Plust they were Charlotte potatoes not proper ones for roasting.

Soldato
Its a miracle he could even walk after 15 or more hours on the lash, let alone cook.

I tried to go for breakfast at Brown's in Glasgow today, but when I got there, there was a sign on the door saying there would be no breakfast service today due to work being done on something. Doh! Went to Bill's instead.

thSifH.jpg

Tried out their Garden Breakfast today. Poached free range eggs, halloumi, roasted plum tomatoes, charred red peppers, smashed avocado, hollandaise, pea shoots, mixed seeds and toast. Really enjoyed it :)

exU3vP.jpg

I had a free milkshake voucher for GBK that was about to expire, so I went there for lunch. Trying out their Holy Smoke burger. Supposed to come with douglas fir smoked beef patty, but they were out of those. They offered me aged beef instead at no extra cost. Really enjoyed this with the fried camembert on top. I also earned another free burger on my rewards app :D

Soldato
Bro fancied a pizza, so did I. 2 people fancying pizza is always good on a Tuesday. I had a half and half. Half a pepperoni Lover and half a new cheeseburger pizza. Was a bit misshapen but bloody lovely!

WmSrtLUl.jpg
Corrrr! That looks awesome, hope it tasted as good! Haven't had a chance to try that cheeseburger pizza yet so I hope it isn't a limited edition affair.

Soldato
We had our team Christmas party last night at Swingers crazy golf. Worth mentioning the food was immense. I think I ate more than I drank :o

Breddos tacos, Patty & Bun burgers, dirty fries, pizzas from Made of Dough, Hackney Gelato... heaven.

Soldato
S36K2Q.jpg

I tried out that cheeseburger pizza last week. Just a little personal size one for late dinner/supper. I swapped the onions for extra beef. I thought it was pretty good :)

Back
Top Bottom