The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Nothing more than a willy waving competition imo.
I'd rather have the same burger 30cm wide and enjoy more than one that's designed more for Instagram and the challenge gang.
I don't mind high stacked burgers but they are impossible to eat, so kind of defeats the purpose. It looks great for pictures as you say, then you lose half the filing or resort to a knife and fork to eat! :(

The baps (and burger) that @JonRGV250 posted looked awesome! Its good to see a bread bun for a burger rather than brioche - I wont turn down a burger in either, just much prefer me burger in a bread bun. :)

Soldato
I don't mind high stacked burgers but they are impossible to eat, so kind of defeats the purpose. It looks great for pictures as you say, then you lose half the filing or resort to a knife and fork to eat! :(

The baps (and burger) that @JonRGV250 posted looked awesome! Its good to see a bread bun for a burger rather than brioche - I wont turn down a burger in either, just much prefer me burger in a bread bun. :)
Totally agree that those baps do look good.

Unfortunately I'm stopped every time I try to buy something other than brioche for burgers by SWMBO
I would change buns each time I make a new batch, but.....

The tall burgers would work for me if it was fixed and could be carved with a kebab knife.

Last edited:
Soldato
1/2kg of fresh goat, finely home minced and done as a smash burger.

N6YQR81.jpg

88xIAgc.jpg
Oh my ! That looks fantastic :D

Agree!

Permabanned
Has to be Hammond's
b04450-hammonds_burger_sauce_6x1l_web_0.jpg

Soldato
I’ve made my own kebab sauce in the past which was always epic.

Natural yoghurt, minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice.

Big fan of Doner kebabs when it comes to takeaway food :)

Soldato
Would like to try this Hammonds burger sauce but seems geared up for catering establishments.. Only big 1 litre bottles I can find online.

Is it any better than the Crucials range in home bargains for a quid? :D

Not that Crucials is particularly good mind lol (it’s a quid).

Back
Top Bottom