1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Boomstick777, 15 May 2013.

1. Boomstick777

Capodecina

Ah that's weird. I'm on 466.79 with nvslimmer v0.11.

2. oldestgregg

Soldato

Same. I tried DDU and all sorts but...and I get the irony here...installing geforce experience and installing drivers through that fixed it.

I get Im no better off now but Im just going to leave it for the time being.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2021
  3. opethdisciple

Capodecina

If you mess about with the installer expect to run in to issues.

You can pick and choose what to install through the Nvidia installer anyway.

Also the drivers are like maybe 600MB. Sure that's large, but even with a modest sized SSD it's hardly a big issue.

Don't see the need to use any third party 'slimmers' when all you're really doing is increasing your chances of driver corruption and installation issues.

4. Neil79

Caporegime

What’s new in GeForce Experience 3.23

Community feedback improvements on FPS Counter & One-Click Automatic GPU Tuning
    Based on your feedback, we made adjustments to the new FPS counter - it will no longer show “N/A” when FPS is not available in the in-game overlay. We have also improved the user experience of automatic tuning by adding messages to inform the users of automatic tuning’s status. You can access the performance panel and automatic GPU tuning by pressing [Alt+Z] and clicking on “Performance”.

One-Click HDR Screenshot Capture for All GeForce Experience Supported Games
    GeForce Experience has expanded game support for quick HDR screenshot capture from 300+ Ansel-supported games to now over 1000+ GeForce Experience Supported games. Press [Alt+F1] to save your HDR screenshot in JXR format while playing on your HDR monitor. Try the HDR+WCG Image Viewer from the Microsoft Store for accurate viewing of HDR screenshots.

Freestyle and Ansel support added for 25 games with the latest Game Ready Driver including:
    We have improved the responsiveness of Game Filters when they are applied to your favorite Ansel or Freestyle games. Check out the new Game Filters available in the latest Game Ready Driver. Additionally, we have added Freestyle and Ansel support added for 24 games with the latest Game Ready Driver including: Aron's Adventure, BALAN WONDERWORLD, Blizzard Arcade Collection, Days Gone, Dorfromantik, GRIT, Iron Conflict, It Takes Two, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue,Knockout City, LastCloudiaTc, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, Mr. Prepper, Necromunda: Hired Gun, Old School RuneScape, Ranch Simulator, Resident Evil: Village/Biohazard Village, Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos, Teamfight Manager, The Fabled Woods, Total War: ROME REMASTERED, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer Support for more games, devices, and monitors
    Last September, we introduced a new technology called NVIDIA Reflex that reduces system latency. Now, 12 of the top 15 competitive shooters support Reflex. Along with this technology, we introduced the Reflex Latency Analyzer - a tool to measure end to end system latency. Today, over 14 G-SYNC displays and 20+ mice support the Reflex Latency Analyzer. To make measurement easier, the Latency Flash Indicator has been added to Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, and Rust. For owners of Reflex Latency Analyzer compatible monitors to get started, position the monitoring rectangle over the flash indicator, press [Alt+Z] -> Settings -> “HUD Layout” -> “Latency” to turn on the latency overlay and start measuring end to end system latency!

Optimal settings support added for 21 new games including:
    Aron's Adventure, BALAN WONDERWORLD, Blizzard Arcade Collection, Dorfromantik, Evil Genius 2: World Domination, Iron Conflict, It Takes Two, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC), Kingdom of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, LastCloudia, Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition, Mr. Prepper, Old School RuneScape, Ranch Simulator, Resident Evil Village, Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos, Teamfight Manager, The Fabled Woods, Total War: Rome Remastered

Squashed bugs!
    Addressed compatibility issues with in-game overlay for Advanced Optimus notebooks.
    Fixed an issue where in-game-overlay is disabled after the resolution is changed.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/download/

5. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Game Ready v471.11 WHQL Released

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-on-doom-eternal-game-ready-driver/

6. yashiro

Mobster

The fabled 470 branch. The Wow flicker bug is supposedly fixed but the youtube scrolling issue has vanished from the pdf.

7. Neil79

Caporegime

About damn time! The 460's have been... Sh.. :p

8. Neil79

Caporegime

9. Ree

Wise Guy

Had to install it twice it didn't complete installation first time :/

10. V F

Capodecina

You have a 10-bit monitor? If that is true why am I not getting DPC issues, I'm on 8-bit as that's all my monitor supports.

11. Neil79

Caporegime

Nope, it's saying that 8bit monitors have higher latency than 10-bit monitors which shouldn't be the case :) . Some worse than others, depending on your monitor.... I have noticed much lower latency on both my systems when using the MPO disable option.

12. V F

Capodecina

Bizarre.

13. spluff

Mobster

What’s mpo

14. Neil79

Caporegime

Warzone was stuttering with severe frame rates at times, then a BSOD!
    So back to Hotfix 466.79 for me

15. V F

Capodecina

16. Wrinkly

Mobster

It's causing Doom Eternal to crash.

17. Raiden85

Wise Guy

Just ran through the first mission with 471.11 and it ran flawlessly, no crashes here with everything set at ultra nightmare.

18. Wrinkly

Mobster

https://steamcommunity.com/app/782330/discussions/0/3074251201352793164/

I'll give it another go myself.

Edit - Got another crash. Music continues, but game locks up. Running at 1440p/60Hz Vsync on, everything maxed. Card is hardly used.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2021
  19. Raiden85

Wise Guy

20. spluff

Mobster